Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Dr. Edward Peters said I read and enjoyed Ryan’s decades ago, but k...
- Gratias said The defining moment of this Pontificate was “...
- WYMiriam said Can anyone say . . . . domino effect? I am certai...
- Kerry said “We must join with Sauron, Gandalf”.
- arga said It’s completely obvious what this pope and h...
- jameeka said OK, Father Z, I will make the prayer more SPECIFIC...
- Absit invidia said The next step is legalizing incest. The TV show G...
- Aquinas Gal said They’re so naive they think that PP has good...
- stephen c said I could be wrong, since the Chadwick in question k...
- Jacob said My university book store circa 2000 sold the Pine...
- Kathleen10 said About five years ago there was a conference of som...
- iamlucky13 said “Unbelievable. Faced with the undeniable pro...
- benedetta said So, when they say “reduce”…did t...
- Mary of Carmel said Isn’t it possible for these guys to be shut...
- Venerator Sti Lot said For those happy to read online or download various...
- SpesUnica said Just to be provocative, I think that if B XVI was...
- Kyle said “Let’s face it. It’s time for the Catholic c...
- Mike said Henry, I read Sire’s book this summer. Very...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Hans, ‘Wretched’? (S below W on the ke...
- GypsyMom said Unbelievable. Faced with the undeniable proof that...
- donato2 said I think a Catholic Church-Planned Parenthood partn...
- Cantor said I disagree only with the notation that “the...
- Charles E Flynn said Wife No. 19...
- JoAnna said “Reuters reports that Eric Ferrero, Vice Pre...
- Kerry said Or the argument from reason; the Church has alread...
- Kerry said “To Infinity and beyond…um”, to...
- Jethrah said I predicted age of consent laws would be abolished...
- Daniel W said Paul M, I think we are using “marriage”...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “The difference is, polygamy is quite normal...
- iamlucky13 said “Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimin...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS! (91)
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this? (57)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (34)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (24)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (15)
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST (15)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope?
- WDTPRS – 13th Sunday after Pentecost: “E ‘n la sua volontade è nostra pace!”
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Pope Francis attended Mass in St. Peter’s on Feast of St. Pius X
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS!
- WDTPRS: 21st Sunday of Ordinary Time – When “virtues” are replaced by “values”.
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this?
- 29 Sept – Holy Innocents -Manhattan – BLUE MASS… TLM!
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: TEOTWAWKI
I am sad and angry about the assassination of two New York City police offers. I will remember them and their families in my prayers. There’s lots of blame to go around. First, the perp was a Muslim who posted … Continue reading
In your goodness, will you stop and, right now, say a prayer for a cleric who is going through some ecclesiastical … there’s no other way to put this… persecution of the liberal sort. It’s as nasty as I have … Continue reading
It is hard to imagine that we live in a world in which this is possible, but we do. I think everyone should take a time each day not only to make a good examination of conscience, but also to … Continue reading
Not good news from info wars. U.S. ARMY: EBOLA GOES AIRBORNE ONCE TEMPERATURE DROPS Ebola can go airborne but hasn’t in West Africa because it’s too warm, researchers conclude Ebola can spread by air in cold, dry weather common to … Continue reading
Alas, they took no account that in the Extraordinary Form the Feast of Christ the King is the last Sunday of October. Still!
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I´m writing from Spain where sadly, a nurse is extremely ill with Ebola virus. She was infected while treating a Spanish missionary who was brought back from Africa to get treated. My question is this: imagine … Continue reading
UPDATE 10 Oct: Amazon seems to be selling out as fast as they are stocking. HOWEVER, the good news is that the book is available for KINDLE (USA) for $12.86, which is much less than the paperback. HERE It was $9.99. … Continue reading
I write once in a while about being prepared for emergencies. You never know when something is going to happen and you will need to scramble to protect your family and friends. We all have an obligation to be prepared … Continue reading
Sometimes I post about preparing for emergencies or disasters. For example, I’ll mention things as practical as having an Uninterreptable Power Source (UPS) for your important electronic equipment. I like APC products the best, reliable and great customer service. I’ll … Continue reading
If the media, mind-clouding, thought-befuddling blitz on the part of catholic and other outlets – Fishwrap, Amerika, RNS, Crux – weren’t bad enough, we have to think about this too. I sure hope you have BOBs ready. From SpaceWeather: STORM WARNING … Continue reading