Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- mrshopey said Welcome to the South, Father. May you be greeted...
- incredulous said Thank you Father. Thank you for the reminder that...
- Facta Non Verba said Nice! Thank you Father.
- knute said !! My dad and I used to sell plants there, and we&...
- Per Signum Crucis said Chon, Thanks for the insight. I’m also sta...
- smmclaug said “How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet t...
- Incaelo said And Natchitoches’ last bishop (and Alexandri...
- Elizium23 said Gargh! I goofed up. This titular see is similarly...
- Elizium23 said That happens to be the Titular See of my beloved A...
- NBW said Beautiful pictures Father. I like the sunset it...
- Chon said New Sister, The people at St. Patrick’s used...
- SKAY said Welcome to Louisiana Father!!! How lucky they are...
- PeterK said Fr. Z could you expand upon this statement? “...
- OurLadyandSheen said Archbishop Marino, Nuncio to Malaysia.
- RJ Sciurus said It would appear that you are among the Catholic Un...
- Ichabod said I’m jealous. I was last in Natchitoches, Lo...
- discipulus said I’m curious, who is titular bishop of this f...
- Will D. said It’s a nice town, indeed. Make sure to get...
- jameeka said Very moving, Father Z
- TKS said Splendid. Thank you.
- benedetta said @Brooklyn, Were you trying to say that if you were...
- New Sister said @ Chon, I know Saint Patrick’s; it would be...
- greinkebs said That Deacon on the video needs a Bishop like this....
- JNVA said Thank you, Father! I am using Bossuet’s Me...
- St. Epaphras said Listened on my iCatcher! App. Exactly what I neede...
- lsclerkin said Loud and clear here, too Father. Thank you! Father...
- yatzer said Listening to all. Thank you!
- Giuseppe said Bad joke of the day: A Higgs boson walks into a c...
- pelerin said The chicken says ‘now that I would like to s...
- mary said Thank you Fr.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Category Archives: Semper Paratus
I sometimes put on my Cassandra cap and want people that things can happen in the wink of an eye. “Be prepared!”, I cry.
Whole neighborhoods are gone.
So… again… prayers for all the people affected by the horrible storms … Continue reading
Again, I ask you – dear readers – do you have a plan? Do you have some kind of plan, even a slim one, if your area floods or there is a freight train wreck with some lethal chemical or … Continue reading
“People are walking like zombies looking for food. It’s like a movie…. It’s like the end of the world.”
I can hear it already: “There’s goes crazy ol’ Father Z again! Every time there is a big disaster, he posts about prepping!”
That’s because it could happen to you.
Natural disasters happen. Man made disasters happen. They can happen where … Continue reading
One of these days, there will be another Carrington Event.
There will be a huge coronal mass ejection from your planet’s yellow star that strikes your planet square on. The result will be a vast electromagnetic pulse which fries almost all … Continue reading
From a reader:
I discovered your blog in April 2013. I am Catholic, but I never
learned Latin. In fact, the only good, solid catechesis I had was
first and second grade, which looking back, I believe was based on the Baltimore Cathechism. … Continue reading
My heart goes out to those poor people who were killed and injured at the Navy Yard and to their families. Some questions have to be asked.
I was sent this link to PJ Media, which has an interesting bit of … Continue reading
Pray for the victims of the killer at the Navy Yard.
Friends, this could be you.
Please! Develop the good practice of examining your conscience every day and going to confession regularly.
I implore you! Teach your children to examine their consciences and take them to confession, … Continue reading
I enjoy the youtube offerings of USNERDOC (aka KF7ETX aka David). This clever fellow, an ER doc who was in the Navy – as his handle indicates – has designed a spiffy “go bag” for his Yaesu F-817 radio … Continue reading
I saw a commercial for a type of back-pack which may be of interest to parents with children in school and even for some of you ladies and gentlemen out there.
The pack, made by iSafe, has a built in loud … Continue reading
A while ago I asked you about Bitcoin. Some of the answers were helpful.
Tonight I read about Bitcoin for a while and watched some videos, focusing on how to “mine” it and then how to use it.
Cryptocurrency, 3D printing, … Continue reading