Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Lori Pieper said Hmm. The WSJ article quotes Daniels as saying: ...
- Mojoron said The article is very chunky. Meaning, there is too...
- SaintJude6 said Fr. Jim, Consider my whole family anachronistic....
- Lori Pieper said Faith: not only Spanish, but judging by his talk t...
- Geoffrey said The Holy Father making a phone call like this brin...
- stephen c said Damien T. is a good writer, I fondly remember a re...
- Netmilsmom said I may not be the biggest fan of Pope Francis, but...
- TNCath said Ben Kenobi: When a student ( or a chorus of stude...
- TNCath said Ben Kenobi: When a student ( or a chorus of stude...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I like this Pope. Sadly, there are still at least...
- Robbie said I read this article early this morning and I guess...
- SKAY said http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/08/21/oklahoma-archb...
- Iacobus M said How many Imams have called the Foley Family? How...
- Mike said This is the most hopeful article on Francis that I...
- Norah said In “The Ratzinger Report” then Cardina...
- PA mom said There was a fascinating article in Fortune on Pope...
- Lori Pieper said I agree, I think it’s an unconsecrated host....
- Faith said Cross out the last two sentences. He is coming to...
- OrthodoxChick said My oldest son and I are planning to attend our fir...
- AdIesumPerMariam said I am also of the belief that they returned an unco...
- Supertradmum said Attending all types of celebratory Masses, such as...
- gracie said For those who say that people can hide/take out la...
- DavidJ said I’m not sure I believe a self-professed Sata...
- frjim4321 said Hope the report can be verified.
- Father G said Deo gratias! How happy I am to read the update!
- Uxixu said Ah dear Reverend Fr Jim conveniently ignores how s...
- Uxixu said @suedusek On that same line of thought, I wonder i...
- Uxixu said @Kathleen10 consecrated vessels are required to to...
- Stephen McMullen said Within one generation, there will be no radical ...
- suedusek said I suppose we should trust that the consecrated hos...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Semper Paratus
This is a public service announcement.
I prefer to be kind about Christian movies. That said, save yourself some irritation. The newly released “Persecuted” isn’t good.
“Persecution” addresses a theme which I think is real: there is/will be persecution of true Christians … Continue reading
Pres. Reagan about the massacre of passengers on civilian aircraft Korean Air 007, blown out of the sky by the Soviet Union’s pilot.
Sure, there is a different between air to air and surface to air attacks. Sure, there is a … Continue reading
I am sure you remember my scare-warnings that, ”It doesn’t happen to you, until it does!”
One of the things you need to plan for is the protection of your electronic stuff, which we rely on a lot and often spend a … Continue reading
Muslims Rape Christian Women, 600 Christians Take Up Arms And Make One Final And Heroic Stand Against Muslim Jihadists
After so much rape has been done against Christian women in Iraq, 600 Christians in Iraq have now taken up arms to … Continue reading
ISIS leader Abut Bakr Al-Husayni al-Qurashi al-Baghdadi, days after announcing the formation of an Islamic caliphate in Syria-Iraq, announced that Rome must be conquered.
We let him go, by the way. Guess whose administration did that.
I saw this at The Telegraph:
Rome will be … Continue reading
I want one of these!
(Sorry about the awful music. Watch anyway, to the end.)
Keep a couple of those in a Faraday cage, against the day.
At Fishwrap, Michael Sean Winters has reminded us that the late writer Maya Angelou once recounted to Family Circle Magazine that, as a pregnant teen, she chose to keep her baby instead of opting for abortion. HERE Kudos to MSW … Continue reading
All of a sudden BAM! Power goes off.
After all this stuff I’ve been reading, I started thinking about my BOB.
Then I heard my UPS beeping and saw that my phone is still functional. Thus, not the EMP. … Continue reading
In seminary we were to clean our rooms every Saturday morning. I still am in the habit of doing cleaning chores that day. I also do routine work on my computers: back ups, clean ups, virus scans, tidy up the … Continue reading
I can’t see what the fuss is all about.
Well, actually I do see what the fuss is all about.
New York pastor’s Sunday service assault rifle giveaway draws controversy
An upstate New York Baptist pastor has stirred controversy with his plan … Continue reading