Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- tealady24 said Pelosi says she received a rosary blessed by Pope...
- acardnal said jhayes reported, “Cardinal O’Malley said he...
- GOR said I don’t think there’s much humility evident here....
- Legisperitus said Even when she smiles she looks tormented.
- Ambrose Jnr said Dear OrthodoxChick, Your 2nd comment on Pelosi is...
- SPWang said Interesting to note that before 1955 the washing o...
- Philippa Martyr said I can answer that question, Sonshine135. My paris...
- Priam1184 said Get rid of it. Plain and simple. Get rid of the f...
- Polycarpio said SW85, you make the point cogently and coherently....
- sw85 said @ Polycarpio– “The problem with the pr...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said First, thank you for forthrightly addressing the i...
- frjim4321 said [But... that's not the way it ought to be. Gregory...
- Lori Pieper said Matt_R writes: It only “clicked” with me recently...
- Supertradmum said Did not get to Thursday Mass in my parish, but fri...
- frjim4321 said I can get fairly well invested in this kind of dis...
- AuroraChristina said Sacred Heart of Jesus South Euclid, Ohio: Our very...
- Dimitri_Cavalli said It remains to be seen if the Freedom From Religion...
- Hermit sans permit said Major/Minor Seminary in Canada run by Benedictine...
- Kensington said I attended Mass at St. Thomas More on the southwes...
- Volanges said Ordinary Form. Twelve men. Roman Canon. Process...
- Matt R said It only “clicked” with me recently tha...
- Jeannie_C said Good Friday – and this is the best you have...
- Absit invidia said Isn’t participating in another church’...
- TWF said Overall, the mass was quite reverent / traditional...
- Elizabeth D said I wanted to address you as Monsignor Zuhlsdorf aft...
- Johnno said “when the Pope decides to derogate for himself fro...
- Scott Tenney Sr said This may go unread, since two other foot-washing e...
- Bea said Stayed home and meditated quietly, but I heard the...
- HyacinthClare said “…some parishioners thought [Bishop] M...
- OrthodoxChick said Gwen, In which cathedral/Diocese did you attend?...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: The Campus Telephone Pole
When I was in Rome recently I ran into the editor of a newish online magazine called
I was told that the magazine, available only in digital form, has a strongly traditional view and is especially geared to women.
Here is an … Continue reading
The good people at the FSSP have sent me their Ordo for 2014. They are the first group to do so!
Do you have your 2014 yet, Fathers?
To order the FSSP’s Ordo, click HERE. This Ordo is especially useful for NORTH … Continue reading
I direct the readership’s attention to an item in the RSS feed of the Cardinal Newman Society which is on the sidebar of this blog.
CNSNews.com Covers Blatty’s Canon Law Petition on Georgetown’s Catholic Identity
CNSNews.com’s managing editor Michael Chapman recently covered … Continue reading
From my friend Fr. Finigan over at his place.
Confraternity of Catholic Clergy – and an invitation to the laity
Wednesday 23 October sees the Autumn colloquium of the British Confraternity of Catholic Clergy. I have advertised this here before but want to … Continue reading
I have noticed in some of the churches I have visited during our pilgrimage to Rome that Mass will be celebrated in honor of Bl. Karl of Austria
My good friend Fr. Robert Pasley of Mater Ecclesiae in the Diocese of … Continue reading
I received this from the head of the Cardinal Newman Society:
Father, we announced our 2014 Newman Guide to Choosing a Catholic College this week. To help spread the word we started a little contest. 10 winners will get … Continue reading
From a reader:
I run a gift/book shop in our parish. Our town (here in the south) doesn’t have any catholic stores so we provide that service for four parishes in a two city area. Our new priest will not let our vicar recommend … Continue reading
I have written from time to time about the artist Daniel Mitsui.
First, right now, say a prayer for him and his family.
I now ask you to visit his online shop for reasons that will be obvious. HERE
I read this on … Continue reading
I like hearing about people who see a problem and don’t wait for someone else to do something about it.
A parish in Georgia is trying to get a film project going. HERE
Technorati Tags: film, Hollywood, movies
When it comes to ordinary pasta asciutta I prefer De Cecco to Barilla.
That said, I’ll be buying more Barilla for a while.
I was sent a link from The Guardian:
Pasta firm Barilla boycotted over ‘classic family’ remarks
Chairman Guido Barilla causes outrage in Italy … Continue reading