"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Christmas is coming. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JonPatrick said I second what DavidR said. Last week I (somewhat p...
- Vincent said Pelerin, that’s probably because they only h...
- Allan S. said Having just seen the photo, I can actually see a p...
- iamlucky13 said I’m confused. How does this statement: ̶...
- CradleRevert said Fantastic! Bishop Cozzens recently celebrated his...
- Papabile said It would seem GIRM 303 was developed with the prin...
- andia said My heart breaks for him. many, many prayers for hi...
- Traductora said This is one of the best and most coherent addresse...
- NBW said @ Anilwang: I thought the Pope might be referring...
- Ben Yanke said This is wonderful…. Sharing these awesome pi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said yatzer, It has long been a feature of the use of i...
- KateD said Amazing what a difference good translators can mak...
- benedetta said Also behind this year as you are Fr. Z, however I&...
- Rich said tofurkey
- Philippa Martyr said My family hates fruitcake, even though I used to b...
- donadrian said It is really too late to make Christmass pudding &...
- accidentalthomist said It would be quite interesting to compare this to B...
- accidentalthomist said It would be quite interesting to compare this to B...
- Kerry said In David (aka Spengler) Goldman’s book, How...
- mamajen said Hmmm. Not a fan of pudding myself, BUT my mother-i...
- Joseph-Mary said This is one of the best true pope speeches I have...
- pelerin said Having been out all day I was disappointed to see...
- MariaTeresa said Does anyone have any good Christmas Pudding recipe...
- Robbie said I don’t think it’s any coincidence Eur...
- yatzer said He has exceedingly good points, but I too was put...
- pseudomodo said To Europeans… “They’d better sta...
- Scott W. said I had the flash of a thought recently with the app...
- NonAngelusSedAnglus said Let’s get this straight: Pope Francis stands...
- marcelus said I was watching a video on youtube called “w...
- Faith said Father Z, since when are grandmothers not vibrant...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: The Campus Telephone Pole
I arrived last night in Napa for the Napa Institute conference. I got here, despite the interference of Pres. Obama. I digress.
The digs are elegant, the weather, perfect. I know quite a few people, since there is some cross over … Continue reading
The other day I suggested that, if you have BACK TO SCHOOL, shopping to do, and you intend to use Amazon, that you might use my search box.
I can tell that some of you have. I can see the sorts … Continue reading
I must alert you to a piece at First Things by Sam Gregg: “Correcting Catholic Blindness”.
Alas, it is behind a paywall. Alas, they made some other less worthy pieces available for free.
That said, we have the option of buying this … Continue reading
The other day I recommended Disinformation: Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategies for Undermining Freedom, Attacking Religion, and Promoting Terrorism by Ronald Rychlak and Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa.
Now I want to recommend it warmly. (UK link HERE)
Rychlak has written about the … Continue reading
I was delighted to receive news that His Excellency Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Ft. Worth, will preside at Holy Mass celebrated in the Extraordinary Form on Sunday 13 July. HERE
Details are a little sketchy. I assume that Mass … Continue reading
ORIGINALLY POSTED 15 May 2014
You helped the chaplain and the soldiers in Afghanistan with socks.
Now, help some nuns… the other warriors.
You know them, I’m sure: the Dominican Sisters in Summit, NJ. These are the legendary “soap sisters” of Seignadou Soaps. … Continue reading
Today I received a copy of a new book by Anthony Esolen (Dante translator) called Defending Marriage: Twelve Arguments for Sanity.
I have such regard for Prof. Esolen that I’ll recommend the book even before I read it!
I would also like to … Continue reading
Are you watching what some people have called the “invasion” taking place across the border from Mexico into these USA (aka “provincias pérdidas”)?
Here is but one of many stories, but this caught my eye because of a good point made:
(CNSNews.com) – … Continue reading
Are there any cobblers, leather workers out there?
Years ago I inherited a small “wallet” for a pocket stole. I almost always have a stole and oil stock about my person. One use for my spare mag pocket on my 5.11′s, … Continue reading
For those of you in striking distance of Madison, WI….
On Sunday, the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul, there will be a Pontifical Mass at the Throne celebrated by His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison.
Mass will … Continue reading