Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- gramma10 said Isn’t our mighty Creator God soooo magnifica...
- gramma10 said cnewa.org is accepting donations for these poor br...
- JTH said I’m laughing at the ethnic politics going on...
- Andrew Saucci said An exclamation point could be useful after the phr...
- Latin Mass Type said ¡Hagan S&M! No, I don’t mean that! Just...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z mildly says, “I’m not sure that’s fair...
- ts said Eleven years ago as my infant daughter was struggl...
- jhayes said Forgot the link to the Israel Museum http://www.im...
- jhayes said “Venus Restored” is a recognized work...
- chantgirl said JARay- In St. Faustina’s diary, she recounts...
- BobP said How is Vatican’s focus on the poor and homel...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z underscores, “There was nothing odd ab...
- SimonDodd said The only time I have ever contacted the Archdioces...
- pseudomodo said Ah, the Cardinals. I long for the good old days w...
- RAve said Helen Alvarez’s writing is another redeeming...
- MariaKap said Siculum, Exactly right! That was pretty much the...
- The Masked Chicken said I admit it. I have never written to a bishop. Bi...
- Siculum said Does anyone know who our perfect model of feminism...
- benedetta said Camille Paglia is from Endicott NY? Who knew…...
- The Masked Chicken said While I can understand the anger at this clock-and...
- Bea said Thanks for the link, Christ_opher I went and signe...
- Muv said It is always fascinating to see how annoyed some a...
- Siculum said “Overloads” or overlords? Nice write-u...
- Suburbanbanshee said Let’s be fair. William Wegman’s Weimar...
- Lin said I, too, am offended and disgusted! But nothing su...
- Suburbanbanshee said The sad thing here is that, if you wanted to be pa...
- Eric said “Free tip: Don’t use a single exclamation po...
- Latin Mass Type said I wrote a letter to my bishop in praise of an arde...
- HeatherPA said This only brings in even sharper focus to me what...
- Bosco said The interview is instructive. Paglia is no fool. H...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
- I am in mourning. It’s the end of an era.
- ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. UPDATES
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- CHICAGO: Chinese Food Edition
- GO TO CONFESSION… in Cleveland! 4 March UPDATE! Not only Cleveland.
- Request to readers: towel rack… yes… you read that right…
- Is there an agenda at work behind Pope Francis’ back?
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday of the 1st Week of Lent
- “O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon”
- OLDIE: Images of the Basilica of St. Peter on this Feast of the Cathedra
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- Two African Cardinals standing up!
- WDTPRS – 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): Sacramentum
- BREITBART: Canadian Fr. Rosica threatens to sue Canadian blogger (Vox Cantoris)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: The Campus Telephone Pole
On Thursday, 9 October, a Solemn Mass in the Ordinariate use of the Roman Rite will be offered at the Ordinariate central church in London, Our Lady of the Assumption and St. Gregory (Warwick St.).
The Mass will be celebrated by … Continue reading
The world keeps on turning, even though an Extraordinary Synod is going on, and some of you readers out there are dealing with things that actually matter to you here and now.
Some of you are trying to figure out which … Continue reading
The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill aka RU486) is running a survey about the Extraordinary Synod of Bishop which is just starting up.
What do you say we give them a hand? I am sure that they would want your voices to … Continue reading
Last year I had a wonderful experience at Harvard University as the celebrant for a Solemn Mass at St. Paul’s, which has the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these United States. It was a special occasion for them, too, … Continue reading
Okay… I just had to post this.
I saw at Mystic Monk that there is now a flavored coffee (if you are into that sort of thing) called… and I am not making this up…
Snickering Monk Candy Bar.
And don’t forget … Continue reading
One of you readers sent this and, especially for my friends across the Pond, I share it here:
Pluscarden Abbey in Moray in NE Scotland is holding a monastic experience weekend for Catholic men aged between 18-35 in November. Pluscarden is … Continue reading
Here is something you don’t see everyday.
A frequent commentatrix here, Supertradmum, has interviewed Michael Voris. HERE
Of interest are the questions on the vocation and role of single people in the Church.
Question One: I want to concentrate on a subject … Continue reading
Daniel Mitusi occasionally sends me new pieces of art which he has created. This time he sent me his new Wedding at Cana. For his site click HERE
You may recall that his little daughter has spent quite a bit of … Continue reading
On the Feast of the Assumption (a holy day of obligation) there will be a Pontifical Mass at the Throne celebrated by His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino (aka the Extraordinary Ordinary), at Noon at the Bishop O’Connor Center.
Also, … Continue reading
I’d like to point out an event for young people in St. Louis sponsored by the group Juventutem:
Monday evening, August 4th: Juventutem Social in St. Louis
In conjunction with ICRSS ordinations
Hodak’s Restaurant & Bar
2100 Gravois Ave, St. Louis 63104.
Young adults … Continue reading