Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- lsclerkin said Thank you thank you thank you, Father. Your podcas...
- Bruce said I wonder what ND alum Josiah Bartlet would think o...
- jfk03 said All that is needed to complete the metamorphosis i...
- JMody said Several points from our sermon — focusing ar...
- BLB Oregon said The homilist opened with the story of Anna Pavlova...
- Lepidus said Ordinary Form: Our (Indian) priest made a talked...
- Priam1184 said My answer to the school sisters of Notre Dame goes...
- Fr AJ said Since they are no longer want to be Sisters of Our...
- atmoe said I think they may have confused Earth Day and Easte...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Well, no, Frank Gibbons, I don’t think I hav...
- Mike said Thanks (one prays) to improving catechesis, this y...
- Stephen D said …and every time a baby smiles, a fairy is bo
- Long-Skirts said THE NEVER SETTING SON His head pushed north. His f...
- CatholicLiving said We had Tenebrae on Wednesday and Friday; my husban...
- Rachel K said He is risen indeed, Alleluia! A very Happy and Ble...
- Grateful to be Catholic said At Old St. Mary’s in Washington, DC, a Solem...
- Rachel K said JonathanCatholic, many congratulations to you! Wha...
- Michael said I have no problem with worship of the Lord that fo...
- MarkG said >>> Michael Sherrard, Faithful America’s...
- Southern Baron said I have a vegetarian friend who specifically eats m...
- MarkG said This sounds like it’s written for a greeting...
- lana said Confitemini, Thank you!!!!!!
- JonathanCatholic said “We give thee thanks, O our Father, for the...
- lana said Very beautiful, thank you Father.
- LorrieRob said Attended the entire Triduum at Our Lady of Lourde...
- joecct77 said I was educated from 1st through 6th grades by the...
- Jim in Seattle said How ironic. From the Roman Martyrology reading fo...
- HyacinthClare said One person, and one group, believed the resurrecti...
- Mike said Let us offer such trials and sufferings as we may...
- Frank Gibbons said OK, so it has its theological shortcomings, but yo...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: The Campus Telephone Pole
I was sitting with a priest friend yesterday, even as he was looking at my blog on his laptop. He asked me if there is Mystic Monk coffee in K-cups.
YES! OF COURSE!
Refresh your coffee and tea supply now!
Technorati Tags: coffee, … Continue reading
Once upon a time sacramental documents were lovely and theologically meaningful. Now, not so much.
This is from a reader:
I was wondering if you knew of where my fiancé and I could obtain a traditional catholic marriage certificate for our coming … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society (see their feed on my sidebar):
Wyoming Catholic College is in the news recently because of its on-campus cell phone ban for students.
The ban, which has been in place since the founding of the faithful Catholic … Continue reading
A heads up!
I enjoy using my Kindle.
A new version of the Kindle Paperwhite will be available in these USA on the feast of St. Jerome. You lot across the Atlantic will have to wait until the Feast of St. John … Continue reading
… how’s your coffee supply?
Did you know that Mystic Monk Coffee’s monthly pick is…
The Sumatran coffees are among my favorites. Free shipping on orders over $45.
And they have Tea.
So, how has your Labor Day weekend been going?
Pope Francis say Mass today, 28 August, at the Church of St. Augustine in Rome.
The Mass will be streamed live via the Internet beginning at 5:55 PM CET, 10:55 AM CDT, 11:55 AM EDT.
To watch on the Vatican web site, … Continue reading
For all you fans of The Professor, J.R.R. Tolkien, … he has a new book!
The Fall of Arthur
US link HERE
US Kindle HERE
UK link HERE
UK Kindle HERE
Here is the blurb from amazon:
The Fall of Arthur, the only venture by J.R.R. … Continue reading
In the Catholic Sun, issued by the Diocese of Phoenix, I see advertised something that you do NOT want to miss if you are anywhere in the vicinity.
Priest with Vatican, Phoenix ties to share Church’s wisdom in Scottsdale
Fr. Robert Dodaro, … Continue reading
UPDATE – REVIEW: CD – “Mater Eucharistiae” – Sacred Music from the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
UPDATE 13 August:
Today is the release date of the disc!
ORIGINAL POSTING 31 July 2013
In the past I have brought to your gracious attention the music CDs of the wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles. They have had a couple … Continue reading