Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Grateful to be Catholic said Be at peace, Thomas S. I still remember with joy...
- SimonR said I prayed for my hero, Benedict XVI very much today...
- Thomas S said I remember this anniversary post used to elicit ...
- HighMass said “Dopo il grande Papa Giovanni Paolo II, e si...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, ” . . . it seems that many bis...
- chantgirl said God bless him. Perhaps someday he will be a saint,...
- Paulo said In my family, there are so many traditions mixed u...
- Mariana2 said “Cluck Kent” : ) ! Just made the Pasch...
- iPadre said Long live Benedict XVI!
- mikeinmo said Carrying on the Eastern European tradition that my...
- mrshopey said I prayed this for the first time yesterday and it...
- Sonshine135 said Today, I cooked raw kielbasa and cooked up two rin...
- Cathy said Three things the Holy Father did not do, he did no...
- BLB Oregon said Orthodox Chick–yes, the plain meaning of the...
- Catholic Tech Geek said Ah yes, the famous buttered lamb (which my family...
- Tom in NY said For me, special Easter foods would include not onl...
- Fr_Sotelo said Wonderful news. “Hagan lío” (“go...
- The Masked Chicken said “@masked fowl, I had no idea chickens could...
- Dr. Edward Peters said mamajen: one thing, Lent is over. there are other...
- chantgirl said Unfortunately, my family’s European food tra...
- Nan said We used to have ham with all the trimmings, includ...
- Maria said A Blessed Easter to All! The church I went yesterd...
- Stephen Matthew said The feet of both men and women were washed, includ...
- Vox Laudis said JustaSinner–Please! Could I request my form...
- benedetta said Thanks for that Chicken — I believe your ana...
- The Masked Chicken said Supertradmum, I have been praying for you. I hope...
- Supertradmum said This is beautiful. I have not seen “clerical...
- Ray said Recipe is from about 45 miles outside of Napoli....
- The Masked Chicken said Sigh. I wrote a long series of comments, last yea...
- benedetta said Think of it this way…does this group wish to...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: The Coming Storm
This from WSJ:
President Says ObamaCare Volunteers Doing ‘God’s Work’ [?!?]
Barack Obama speaks to his old campaign comrades [That's the right word.] at Organizing for Action.
Last night in Washington President Obama addressed the national meeting of Organizing for Action, the outfit … Continue reading
A sign of the anti-nomian spirit of this age? A sign of what liberals truly think about law and their own power?
Eric Holder: Discriminatory laws don’t need defending
Attorney General Eric Holder says state attorneys general are not obligated to … Continue reading
From a reader:
What items should a Catholic include in a bug out bag [BOB] besides the usual survival gear?
What does a Priest’s bug out bag look like? I would assume supplies to administer the sacraments in an emergency.
Good question. I … Continue reading
I was struck deeply by this photo from Kiev posted with an article at Real Clear Politics:
Politics aside, it’s hard to deny that the images beamed to the world from the opening of the Sochi Games were anything short of … Continue reading
This is a good thing.
Bishop criticizes Catholic politician who flip-flops on abortion
Bishop Richard Malone of Buffalo has publicly criticized a Catholic state senator for abandoning his pro-life position. [He has gone after Gov. Andrew Cuomo and his “Get Out” … Continue reading
Some love from the Religion of Peace… in France:
Sts. Nunilo and Alodia, pray for us.
Technorati Tags: France, Sts. Nunilo and Alodia, The Religion of Peace
I had this note today from a priest.
This is also emblematic of the sort of mail I receive all the time. It also shows that there is a demonic side to the perversion of God’s plan and gifts.
I know … Continue reading
Yes, we must attend to earthly justice, but when I watch what is happening in both Kansas City and my native place of St. Paul and Minneapolis, I wonder about the true motives of the newsies. Regarding St. Paul, I … Continue reading
Homosexualists work incessantly in every sphere of life to desensitize people, especially the young, to their own particular proclivities.
So, when a school trustee suggested that it was wrong for homosexualists to parade about nude – literally parade – he was … Continue reading
On the face of it, being threatened by Girl Scouts does sound like much. But, think it through: they can be mean!
This makes you want to toss your cookies, from LifeNews:
Girl Scouts USA Threatens LifeNews After Reporting Its Link to … Continue reading