Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- RAve said Home-Schooled Teens Ripe for College – Myths...
- HeatherPA said I am honestly interested in knowing whether or not...
- YorkshireStudent said It being a Lenten Friday, talk of school dinners m...
- SaintJude6 said mburn16, I homeschool our children after having ex...
- semperficatholic said foot prints, not front prints.
- semperficatholic said Thanks for posting this. I sure miss the “Du...
- stjoe said Fr. Z, My ebook! stjoe...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “Vat spokesman denies anyone confiscated boo...
- La Sandia said I went to a public school and occasionally ate the...
- haskovez said This is a great story. I found it interesting as w...
- Pnkn said Hello Gerard – Competent parents don’t...
- ckdexterhaven said In my school in the 70’s, our lunch lady was...
- JuliB said I rarely send emails, but felt compelled to. I wr...
- Nicolas Bellord said To say that a Bishop gets to read every letter sen...
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent | Fr. Z's Blog said […] HERE […]
- Venerator Sti Lot said RJHighland writes, “Pope Francis crushed the...
- cyrillist said My overall take on Paglia: Very intelligent, very...
- Venerator Sti Lot said pannw, Signatories may, of course, experience diff...
- mburn16 said Not a fan of homeschooling. Sorry, but kids need e...
- Aquinas Gal said These cultural treasures can never be replaced. Th...
- Irradiated said It can also be used as a screensaver by following...
- ocalatrad said “Barbarians” is right. These people ma...
- dans0622 said We should compare past US school lunches to today&...
- Supertradmum said Having eaten many times in schools in France and E...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said If one wants to understand the darker side of huma...
- McCall1981 said https://mobile.twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/...
- ocalatrad said Welcome to the USSSA! I get indigestion just recal...
- KAS said Some of us actually avoid processed goods and eat...
- tominrichmond said ” brooding guilt and ranting fanaticism.R...
- jhayes said Don’t think I’ve heard this explained...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
- I am in mourning. It’s the end of an era.
- ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. UPDATES
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- CHICAGO: Chinese Food Edition
- GO TO CONFESSION… in Cleveland! 4 March UPDATE! Not only Cleveland.
- Request to readers: towel rack… yes… you read that right…
- Is there an agenda at work behind Pope Francis’ back?
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday of the 1st Week of Lent
- “O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: The Coming Storm
In American Spectator there is a piece by George Neumayr caught my eye:
THE DIVIDED WEST
Its “values” are too confused to eliminate jihadism.
The White House’s decision to avoid the Paris rally against last week’s jihadist killings conforms to its relaxed attitude toward radical … Continue reading
Card. Burke is taking it on the chin from a lot of nitwits right now because of his remarks about a feminization of the Church. He also mentioned the impact such a feminizing could have on vocations.
Agree or disagree with … Continue reading
At my old stomping ground The Wanderer (I had a weekly column for 11 years) there is an interview with His Eminence Raymond Leo Card. Burke. Read the whole thing there, but here is a sample of Part One of the interview, … Continue reading
People who knowingly lie and falsely accuse priests of things they did not do, risk eternal Hell. They not only violate the truth and justice, they commit the heinous sin of sacrilege.
The night before falsely accused priest Rev. Charles Engelhardt passed … Continue reading
The Congregation for Divine Worship in Rome received a new Prefect last November, His Eminence Robert Card. Sarah. He should be a good, solid Prefect. At the same time, however, there was a bit of a purge of, say, the … Continue reading
From Catholic Vote with my emphases:
CATHOLIC CHURCH FAILS TO BEHEAD A SINGLE PERSON IN 2014
For the most intolerant and extreme religion in the world, this is a rather embarrassing statistic.
It appears that the Catholic Church, widely recognized as the most uncompromising and … Continue reading
Over at The Spectator, Damian Thompson has a good summary piece. He recaps what happened at the last Synod of Bishop, where controversy over the Kasper proposals about Communion for the divorced and civilly remarried dominated the proceedings. Damian is … Continue reading
I am sad and angry about the assassination of two New York City police offers.
I will remember them and their families in my prayers.
There’s lots of blame to go around. First, the perp was a Muslim who posted photos of … Continue reading
I was once in a parish with a school. I visited class rooms. I was asked to blessed the class rooms by the pastor. By way of explanation of what blessings are all about I wanted to make the distinction … Continue reading
Card. De Paolis on communion for divorced, remarried: “If approved, the consequences would be of unprecedented gravity.”
The outline of features for the next Synod of Bishops in October 2015, or Lineamenta, has been released. The Lineamenta is based on the last Synod’s final document, the Relatio Synodi. For the Relatio, the members of the Synod voted on each paragraph. According to the … Continue reading