Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- St. Corbinian's Bear said First, thank you for forthrightly addressing the i...
- frjim4321 said [But... that's not the way it ought to be. Gregory...
- Lori Pieper said Matt_R writes: It only “clicked” with me recently...
- Supertradmum said Did not get to Thursday Mass in my parish, but fri...
- frjim4321 said I can get fairly well invested in this kind of dis...
- AuroraChristina said Sacred Heart of Jesus South Euclid, Ohio: Our very...
- Dimitri_Cavalli said It remains to be seen if the Freedom From Religion...
- Hermit sans permit said Major/Minor Seminary in Canada run by Benedictine...
- Kensington said I attended Mass at St. Thomas More on the southwes...
- Volanges said Ordinary Form. Twelve men. Roman Canon. Process...
- Matt R said It only “clicked” with me recently tha...
- Jeannie_C said Good Friday – and this is the best you have...
- Absit invidia said Isn’t participating in another church’...
- TWF said Overall, the mass was quite reverent / traditional...
- Elizabeth D said I wanted to address you as Monsignor Zuhlsdorf aft...
- Johnno said “when the Pope decides to derogate for himself fro...
- Scott Tenney Sr said This may go unread, since two other foot-washing e...
- Bea said Stayed home and meditated quietly, but I heard the...
- HyacinthClare said “…some parishioners thought [Bishop] M...
- OrthodoxChick said Gwen, In which cathedral/Diocese did you attend?...
- Polycarpio said “when the Pope decides to derogate for himse...
- Bruce said “I think behavior is properly called eccentr...
- OrthodoxChick said BLB Oregon, I’m not despairing, nor disagree...
- Del said Doug Erickson covers the ‘religion beat̵...
- Emilio III said The three priests and four deacons washed each oth...
- Joe in Canada said The “campaigns” page for Faithful Amer...
- majuscule said I realize I did not have to visit the Fishwrap web...
- rodin said Did Archbishop Cordileone tell her she would not b...
- Susan M said Good grief. The woman is….well…for onc...
- DavidMiller said I stayed home and prayed the ancient service of Te...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: The Drill
With a biretta tip to TAM, I bring to your attention something that was in the Charlotte Observer.
This is we are going to experience for a long-time, friends. If we Catholics (read: faithful to the teachings of the Church concerning … Continue reading
I will not be seeing this movie.
I’ve been talking about it with some people in the know, but this review from Breitbart clinched it. Too bad. I have enjoyed some movies with Russell Crowe (for example Cinderella Man, Master and … Continue reading
Obama’s papal audience
VATICAN CITY — President Barack Obama was once the biggest superstar on the international stage. On Thursday, he headed here to benefit from the popularity of his replacement: Pope Francis.
The 50-minute meeting was a rare chance for … Continue reading
Radio show Vicki McKenna, the Rush of MadCity (aka Madison, WI, aka 78 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality), spoke on air the other day (final hour on 25 March) about a 911 call from a Planned Parenthood Big-Business Abortion clinic which severely injured … Continue reading
You may have heard that Pres. Obama met with Pope Francis today.
Some people are asking me to comment on this historic event, which liberals will surely say is the first time a Pope smiled at an American President.
Popes meet with … Continue reading
From The Catholic Thing. My emphases and comments.
Fidelity – to Spouses and Christ’s Words
By Fr. Gerald Murray [A good friend... Fr. Murray, J.C.D., is pastor of Holy Family Church, New York, NY, and a canon lawyer.]
[QUAERITUR...] Is the most serious problem … Continue reading
Anyone who isn’t insane or wicked recognizes that the insane and the wicked have been waging a war on boy and men for decades. The battle has widened into a war on gender identity. The aims are entirely evil.
Thanks to … Continue reading
Those of who who read Italian my be interested in an article of Marco Tosatti posted at La Stampa which purports to reconstruct some of the discussion in the now-not-so-Secret Consistory during which Card. Kasper delivered his extremely long and now … Continue reading
From MSNBC via CMR comes another great example of MSM anti-Catholic bigotry.
The MSNBC-sanctioned bigot this time is the anchor Joy Reid, who commented on the Hobby Lobby religious freedom case before the Supreme Court.
Anchor Joy Reid says:
The Obama administration is arguing … Continue reading
“Pastoral charity”… note the phrase!
His Eminence, Raymond Card. Burke, gave an interview to Polonia Christiana magazine. Lifesite rendered it into English HERE.
In one of his responses, the Cardinal said:
In the case of a politician or other public figure who acts against the … Continue reading