- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- mrshopey said If we could step back and look at our obligations...
- James C said Rtjl, That’ll never happen. The present pope...
- PA mom said Rtjl-isn’t the real fix to preach the full t...
- cregduff said I’m listening, have been listening, plan on...
- rcg said They are carpet bombing us. The idea is that we w...
- rcg said I subscribe on iTunes. I have even saved the old...
- rtjl said I don’t see the problem of divorced and R...
- Phil_NL said Paul M., The assumption is, not to put too fine a...
- george said I have been listening all week, but I haven’...
- iPadre said “progressives are the gravediggers of real p...
- Dundonianski said I often read with admiration and some awe, the rem...
- Facta Non Verba said I listened through the plug in on the post. Thank...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Could someone sketch what the practice of the vari...
- Charliebird said Fr Z said, “Get ready for you who defend mar...
- DaveH said I agree with your comments and will also posit tha...
- Ellen said Pray for my children. Both have been divorced lat...
- jacobi said You did well to highlight this Father. I agree th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “Canadian, eh?” “What, me worry?...
- Paul M. said Phil_NL says: “a remarriage carries with it...
- boxerpaws1952 said ATHEISM...
- boxerpaws1952 said discipulus says: 12 December 2013 at 5:42 pm For...
- Phil_NL said It will revolve around the third question, of cour...
- boxerpaws1952 said St Jude,i will be glad to pray for your son(a lot)...
- StJude said I am in my car all day so I cant get away from rad...
- Pope Sends Sign Language Message to Bishops - BigPulpit.com said [...] St. Etheldreda’s Pl Asian Bishops Enco...
- paulbailes said Bravo Lisa! (and StJude)
- StJude said Thanks Lisa for: “Folks, there is no one on...
- snoozie said how, oh how, does this POSSIBLY square with Matthe...
- Lisa Graas said I think I should offer my two cents as one who obt...
- msokeefe said Married permanent Deacons violate Canon 277. ht...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarriage. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: The future and our choices
From the Handbook of Indulgences
Visiting a Church or an Oratory on All Souls Day
A plenary (“full”) indulgence, which is applicable only to the souls in Purgatory is granted to the Christian faithful who devoutly visit a church or an oratory … Continue reading
I saw this at CWN:
Curial official: over 3,000 religious leave consecrated life each year [Makes you wonder how many enter religious life. I'll bet not 3k!]
The secretary of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life … Continue reading
I am sure that readers of the Fishwrap will leap to denounce the tactics employed by protesters such as those in Wisconsin (HERE) and also, once again, in Brussels.
They should denounce their tactics, but I doubt they will.
Once again, in Brussels, Archbishop Joseph … Continue reading
More TLC from the Religion of Peace:
Syria: Muslim cleric gleefully smashes statue of Virgin Mary to shouts of “Allahu akbar”
The title of the video represents the cleric, Omar Gharba, as saying, “We won’t accept anything but Wahhabism in Syria,” but … Continue reading
I have written more than once that a goal of homosexualists includes the elimination of the age of consent. Goals like this are attained through creeping incrementalism.
I just read this, from the University of Southern California:
Pedophilia Now Classified As A Sexual … Continue reading
In North Africa during the reign of Diocletian, at Abitina, a group of 49 Christians were convicted of celebrating Mass.
The local bishop had caved in to Diocletian’s anti-Christian edicts, but some Christians went ahead and worshiped on Sunday with their … Continue reading
I direct the readership’s attention to an item in the RSS feed of the Cardinal Newman Society which is on the sidebar of this blog.
CNSNews.com Covers Blatty’s Canon Law Petition on Georgetown’s Catholic Identity
CNSNews.com’s managing editor Michael Chapman recently covered … Continue reading
From Todd Starnes at Townhall:
City-Owned Cemetery Refuses to Engrave ‘Jesus’ on Preacher’s Wife’s Headstone
The family of a Colorado preacher’s wife is still fuming after the director of the city-owned cemetery refused to engrave her final resting place with the name … Continue reading
Bp. Paprocki seems to be a “hard identity” Catholic. We need “hard identity” Catholicism.
That doesn’t mean being mean. That means being clear. “Hard identity” Catholicism doesn’t reject compassion or diplomacy or joy. That’s what liberals do. “Hard identity” Catholics wants … Continue reading