You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Lisieux said Obedience is better than sacrifice (especially whe...
- boxerpaws1952 said an event like Ok is certainly a reminder to all of...
- Scott W. said Percentage of sour grapes of the makers of this su...
- MattH said There is at least one Catholic diocese in the US t...
- JonPatrick said A co-worker yesterday told me about a neighbor, in...
- JonPatrick said NoraLeeg I was somewhat taken aback that a priest...
- Phil_NL said For all we know there’s more to it than R...
- boxerpaws1952 said after reading fox news coverage it is amazing as...
- NoraLee9 said ee, I saw that video too. I am shocked and appall...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said Because a parish priest unreasonably demands to ab...
- NoraLee9 said Every so often, the comments to Father Z’s p...
- Deus Salus Nostra said While I think its appalling that Priests are still...
- CatholicCoffee said Animadversor, I will add you to my rosary intentio...
- av8er said Dang, hit “post” too soon: Poorly cate...
- av8er said My Pastor does NOT like latin nor the EF. There i...
- Athelstan said Hello Sam, Yes, rejected 1998 ICEL translation is...
- mbabc123 said Praise God for the new translation! The old transl...
- dn.philip.mathew said With all due respect to my Catholic friends, I bel...
- benedictgal said Considering that Fr. Ruff was behind this survey,...
- Sam Schmitt said For most of the critics of the new translation, th...
- Animadversor said Please pray for me as I deal with very grave inter...
- Athelstan said gjp, That’s the translation of the collect i...
- Mamma B said “I eagerly await the foundation of the Presi...
- lampada said APX said: I know there’s also an intrinsic conn...
- newyork said The survey seems deficient. First, only 32 of 178...
- Vox Laudis said For the upcoming pastoral re-assignments in our di...
- gjp said http://www.walsingham-church.org/site/Liturgical_N...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The 1973 ICEL example Fr. Z cites seems to be some...
- OrthodoxChick said mamajen, He’s such a cutie!! I love the tie...
- frjim4321 said I was at a very large con-celebrated mass today du...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: The future and our choices
There is an interesting piece at The American Conservative which illustrates an obvious problem in the mainstream media. Rod Dreher nailed this one.
Dreher looks into WaPo‘s commentary an exchange between an editor, a journalist, and a concerned reader. The point made is … Continue reading
I picked this up from Let Nothing You Dismay:
“If heretics no longer horrify us today, as they once did our forefathers, is it certain that it is because there is more charity in our hearts? Or would it not too … Continue reading
Here is a point that is so obvious that I am surprised no one has made it yet.
Some people are talking – as they did in 2005 – about the election of a cardinal from the “emerging” Church. Several names … Continue reading
Today during his annual meeting with the clergy of the Diocese of Rome, of which Benedict is still the Bishop, the Holy Father spoke about the Second Vatican Council. Not my translation, but my emphases and comments:
[T]here was the Council … Continue reading
Canon 332 §2 of the Code of Canon Law states: “If it happens that the Roman Pontiff resigns his office, it is required for validity that the resignation is made freely and properly manifested but not that it is accepted … Continue reading
Raymond Card. Burke, Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, is probably the expert on can. 915.
I picked this up from EWTN:
Cardinal says no communion for Irish politicians who support abortion
As the Irish parliament considers legalizing some abortions, Cardinal Raymond Burke says … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Ray Blake, distinguished p.p. of St. Mary Magdalen in Brighton, has a post sure to prick the consciences of some not yet liberally heart-hardened priests and bishops.
He starts off with a comment about the lack of liturgical … Continue reading
Sandro Magister has an intriguing piece today about the Second Vatican Council and the possibility of reconciliation of the SSPX.
It might upset some people.
I think that some parts make sense.
A few bits from the larger piece…
The Impossible “Road Map” of … Continue reading
Fr. George Rutler has a fascinating and mind-concentrating bit at the site of Crisis. I hope it will encourage both you and others. Go check out Crisis for sure, but lest anyone in laziness not click over there, here is … Continue reading