Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Lurker 59: —> ;what they are doing is actually summoning demons. Yes, and thank you Fr. Z for saying that. I have an interest in Comparativ e Religions and what happened in the Vatican...
- philothea.distracted: “…hi s informatio n commission will look for more informatio n about it, …” I’m either going to laugh or cry over this. I’m leaning toward laughter.
- Amerikaner: Consecrate the Amazon region to Our Lady of Guadalupe& #8230; but I bet no one there will suggest that one.
- PCali: Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this a case of damned if you do and damned if you don’t? I struggle to recall *any* instance of a holy image of Mary where she isn’t clothed, and my...
- dahveed: The interestin g thing to me, is that while they seem deathly afraid of stating what the figure is, they won’ t fail to constantly have it present as a talisman. But it’s front...
- monstrance: “Summoning demons” indeed – And he is not slithering in through a crack in the window, but into the open arms of the Vatican.
- William: This definitely sounds like the initiative of a septuagena rian trying to appear cool to his grandkids. That being said, I learned to pray the rosary from a computer program (not an...
- Diana: Thank you, Father. Praying for you daily. And WOW about that knife trick!!
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Well, we have had communisti c “social justice” and “peace” stations of the Cross for years. It was only a question of time before these same movers and shakers would try to...
- WVC: “I’m surprised that the Jesuit homosexual ist activist lobby wasn’t able to insert a sodomy theme in there.R 21; – okay, that was funny!
- Andrew: My rosary is environmen tally friendly: it doesn’t use batteries and it contains no plastic.
- Sonshine135: This seems to me to be needless. I also pray my combat rosary and find the detachment from electronic s to be freeing. That being said, there are already Rosary apps out there. You can...
- WVC: @RLseven – Reducing prayer simply to intent is absurd. Would it be appropriat e to use abortion imagery in a prayer asking for God’ s help, even if I have the bestest of inten...
- Andrew Saucci: I actually wrote a rosary program in Turbo Pascal for DOS many moons ago. I never envisioned it replacing physical beads, but more as an educationa l tool to help people learn how to...
- Josephus Corvus: I popped over to the Apple app store to see what the comments were for the associated app. Lots of “1-s tar” ratings. It seems like they make you login with your...
- semperficatholic: My very first thought as I was reading this was a true story my mom used to tell about a poor shepherd in Mexico who would attend Mass or make a visit daily before he started his...
- Johann: Have only begun to delve into this book and I already consider it the best book on the Church crisis released to date. I especially love the copy of the Declaratio n of Truths that is...
- Ellen: I have a LOT of rosaries in my house including a beautiful silver and crystal one that my father gave my mother when they were married and a large worn wooden one from my grandparen ts. I...
- JonPatrick: I guess I will just stick with the 2 “dum b” rosaries I currently use – a combat rosary I carry with me at all times and at home a nice one my son got me when he...
- JonPatrick: Lurker 59, I suspect they will avoid this kind of issue by making the “dea conesses 8221; with some kind of special pseudo ordination so they can one one hand claim it is not a...
- teomatteo: Vatican: the center cannot hold, they are in a freefall.
- Clinton R.: Sigh. If it only was satire. For more on our pagan worshiping pontiff: https://4c hristum.bl ogspot.com /2019/10/d uring-paga n-ritual-a postate-be rgoglio.ht ml Let us pray to St....
- Rouxfus: James Bond Vesper Martini from Casino Royale (the newer one): “Thr ee measures of GordonR 17;s; one of vodka; half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it over ice, and add a thin...
- The Astronomer: It makes me sad, angry, incredulou s, and also go a little nuts to think we’r e possibly witnessing the birth pangs of the Great Apostasy. Somewhere in the World, the one...
- Lurker 59: The article is great, but I would like to offer counterpoi nts for the sake of moving the important conversati on forward. There is nothing to say that the tactics of “we will keep...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Pagan Idols at the Amazon “walking together” Synod
- ROME DAY 13: A Suicide, a Life Hack, and an ALERT to Roman Seminarians
- You can’t make this stuff up: eRosary. Wherein an annoyed Fr. Z rants.
- 2016: Ecumenical Exchange Program with winged Mayan snake god Kukulkan
- PODCAzT 178: Fr. Weinandy and the possible “Internal Papal Schism”
- Bp. Schneider’s talk at the presentation of the book: Christus Vincit
- ROME DAY 12: Chapels Stupid and Stupendous, Important Book and Talks
- ACTION ITEM! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish – UPDATE
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
- Amazon Synod and deaconettes?
- ROME DAY 5: Marks, Medieval Lions, and Mussolini Trees
- #AmazonSynod -1st attack on the Priesthood: The Cassock
- INDULGENCE 1st Sunday of October – Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
- ROME DAY 4: Carbonara, Caravaggio, altar idiocy
- ROME DAY 3: The Bones of Borgia Popes
- Freemasonic, Gnostic, Satanic influences, tactics
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Sin That Cries To Heaven
After a busy week, I am catching up on things. There came to my attention a TV interview granted by His Eminence Joseph Card. Tobin, in the never-before-cardinalatial see of Newark, less than 17 miles and about a 45 minute … Continue reading
I wrote a rapid reaction to Benedict XVI’s piece HERE. Here are some fuller, additional thoughts. Ratzinger/Benedict writes from a unique perspective of age and the experience of key positions in the Church from post-WWII directly through to the present. … Continue reading
Jesuits. What more is to be said? The Jesuits who run Amerika Magazine have a homosexualist agenda, that is, the promotion and normalization of sodomy. Look past the homosexualist fanaticism of Jesuit Fr. James Martin, and you find also the … Continue reading
At The Catholic Thing there is an interesting piece about Stephen P. White. The writer looks at three pieces which concern The Present Crisis in the Church, and draws an interesting conclusion. […] These three pieces represent a shift away … Continue reading
I received a Kindle copy of the appalling “gay” book by the “gay” French writer – and I use the term writer loosely. Damian Thompson’s review says it all better than I could: An exposé of high-ranking gays in the … Continue reading
I received this from a military chaplain of many years, including service in Iraq. He reacted to the Hell’s Bible piece about priests who are “gay” (I hate that word) who whine about being “trapped” in the priesthood. My piece … Continue reading
Open Letter From Cardinals Burke and Brandmüller to Conferences of Bishops: “The plague of the homosexual agenda has been spread within the Church”
Open Letter From Cardinal Burke and Cardinal Brandmüller to Conferences of Bishops My emphases and comments: Open Letter to the Presidents of the Conferences of Bishops Dear Brothers, Presidents of the Conferences of Bishops, We turn to you with deep … Continue reading
Speaking of homosexuality, during the Rome “summit”, on 23 February, we will celebrate the feast of St Peter Damian (d 1072), Doctor of the Church. St. Peter was a spectacular theologian and reformer. One of his hardest hitting works is … Continue reading
On the brink of the commencement of the sex abuse “summit”, which is organized to speak to a dreadful problem in the Church, but is designed to avoid the root cause, I received this morning a video produced by the … Continue reading
You’ve probably heard that a book is timed to be released simultaneously in several languages at the beginning of the Roman episcopal “sex summit”. Bishops from around the world are to meet to discuss important problems that scandalize and wound … Continue reading
I have noticed lately an uptick in chatter about women deacons, deaconettes, deaconesses, whatever. There was a conference at Fordham recently at which speakers (read: promoters) blew past the obvious problems of our lack of certainty about what ordination may … Continue reading
UPDATE Jan 18: It’s a good thing that people took the time to download that video. The parish (I assume) pulled it. However, we still have the proof that it happened as described. I think LifeSite has the video. Originally Published … Continue reading
The other day, Archbp. Vigano, bless him, issued a public letter in which he calls for disgraced Theodore McCarrick publicly to repent. I have on various occasions opined that bishops should prostrate themselves in the steps of their cathedrals in … Continue reading
It took a while. They probably needed to get the ringing in their ears to stop after being gobsmacked. The National Sodomitical Reporter (aka Fishwrap) hardly loses any opportunity to defend that which is contrary to nature. However, Fishwrap is also mired … Continue reading