Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Sconnius said We were visiting a parish for the baptism of a fri...
- Sandy said When I was referred to the article yesterday, my f...
- Indulgentiam said And you didn’t back up any of your baseless...
- eyeclinic said Je ne suis pas Richard McBrien!
- LarryW2LJ said Sometimes we try to do too much. I like to remind...
- The Astronomer said May he rest in peace; he has already faced his par...
- Eugene said I will always remember him stating something to th...
- Siculum said Father, here is a link to a YouTube video of the o...
- Indulgentiam said Oops hit post instead of preview. Ps. That said, i...
- Indulgentiam said I think Pope Saint Felix III advice applies here....
- makreitzer said Gosh, we all must have been involved in the same R...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said My priest observed something that I have frequentl...
- Hans said I’d be just as happy if you cut my previous...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Pleasing also to think of St. Raymond as founder o...
- Fuquay Steve said EF. Father spoke of the healing of the leper and t...
- Sacred1 said It was announced that there will be, for the first...
- Philippa Martyr said N.O. Mass. Father gave an utter cracker on the for...
- Indulgentiam said “I think it sad that you hold America and Am...
- CaliCatholicGuy said 3rd Sunday in ordinary time NO mass today. Father...
- Suudy said Seppe, great quote. That strategy works if the le...
- Hans said At the Saturday evening vigil I said that the read...
- Susan G said Father reminded us that our daily examen should ha...
- frjim4321 said First element of the call to discipleship is the c...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I think we have to look realisitically at what is...
- MrsMacD said I appologize whole heartedly for my initial commen...
- Maltese said I’m a Traditionalist Catholic with the disti...
- gramma10 said Our priest used to be an Anglican Bishop. The Sund...
- jflare said *sigh* I didn’t intend responding, but I thi...
- Denis Crnkovic said Father ended his sermon with, “Go to confess
- timfout said Father’s sermon focused on the reality that...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- “Namore of this, for Goddes dignitee … Thy drasty riming is nat worth a toord!”
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- “Don’t tell me you don’t wish to fight; for the moment you tell me that, you are already fighting.”
- Undeveloped photos from WWII found
- Travel altar cards for TLM – special sale
- Holy Communion at mega Mass in Manila – POLLS
- “Five Revealing Details” about Pope Francis
- Have Catholic Democrats heard Pope Francis’ denunciation of same-sex stuff?
- ITALY: Muslims smash, urinate on statue of Mary
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Throwing a Nutty
Last night I watched the BBC (on demand) coverage of the Remembrance Sunday ceremonies in London. No one does ceremony and music like the British.
The sober ceremony, with its essentially unchanging script, got me thinking about the need we human … Continue reading
The liberal Lord of the Flies dance has begun with the appointment of Card. Burke to the Knights of Malta.
What better way to see what the extreme Left is doing than to see how HuffPo provides us with AP’s report:
AP … Continue reading
AUDIO version below
Does the sight of several yards of red silk cause you to break out in a sweat, even if only a little, and start to tremble? Do your fingers start to tingle? Do you get the inexplicable urge to … Continue reading
At Badger Catholic I saw something that helps to explain Burke Derangement Syndrome, or BDS.
You surely have seen dramatic, fainting couch worthy, episodes of BDS over at NSR (National Schismatic Reporter… to use just one possible “s” word, aka Fishwrap).
Certain … Continue reading
As you know, not to long ago Bp. Howard Hubbard was retired from his looooong tenure as Bishop of Albany. He was succeeded by Bp. Edward Scharfenberger.
Recently Bp. Scharfenbeger gave a speech to an interfaith group in Albany. At … Continue reading
A few days back the Vicar of Christ, Pope Francis, gave an interview to Il Messaggero.
There wasn’t much of interest in it. The Pope is becoming a little bit more careful, it seems. Rush Limbaugh and Michael Sean Winters were … Continue reading
Liberals will eventually turn on Pope Francis. There are even some indications at The Fishwrap that this is starting.
Francis’ style doesn’t seem conservative at all, but he is NOT going to change doctrine. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t be … Continue reading
I did a double-take when I saw at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) the title of their most recent editorial. I am not making this up:
Climate change is church’s No. 1 pro-life issue
Is there a face-palm icon?
If there is a certain … Continue reading
This is great!
One of the perks of being on the road and having a semi-vacation from reading the interwebs and posting a lot is that I haven’t seen the National Schismatic Reporter very often. Today, however, something from Fishwrappy NSR … Continue reading
I have written about the incident at the High School in Charlotte, where Dominican Sister Jane Laurel gave a talk on human sexuality that produced sparked a mob reaction. Nun UNDER The Bus and Sister explains the situation. Spittle-flecked nutty, … Continue reading