- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- jfk03 said Minus the olive oil, this is a very good fasting r...
- BLB Oregon said It is easier to list the ones I like– T-Mobi...
- wmeyer said We dropped cable nearly two years ago. We see no c...
- Elizabeth D said I don’t have a TV. At my job I am required t...
- Andrew Saucci said First, for what it’s worth, “say the b...
- abasham said Lentil soup is one of my absolute favorites! I hav...
- Legisperitus said Suddenly I feel very privileged to have no earthly...
- Bryan D. Boyle said BBC American and their almost non-stop insipid San...
- gracie said I never heard of Stuffies until the other day when...
- Suburbanbanshee said I’ve been making a lot of soup in my crockpo...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Elizabeth D. @ 10 December 2013 at 6:29 pm: Disrup...
- Lin said 7 degrees!!!!
- Sid Cundiff in NC said In reply to incredulous at 10 December 2013 at 12:...
- Vecchio di Londra said I must try that recipe, Father. The tomato seems a...
- Priam1184 said Personally I would add some leeks to your soffritt...
- de_cupertino said I had to go look up what the heck a “stuffie...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Reverend Father, In reply to your fisk of my post...
- mamajen said @Pnkn Agreed!!! A couple friends posted it on Face...
- Elizabeth D said That looks very good. I have lentils and need to d...
- Lin said Diane Sawyer was gushing on the nightly news tonig...
- mamajen said I watch TV almost exclusively through streaming no...
- johnnyDmunoz said Father Z I am with you brother, I have cut the cab...
- Lin said I listen on the blog and you do have a very nice...
- Vecchio di Londra said To younger generations it must seem quite puzzling...
- Lin said Commercials annoy me too! As well as most sit-com...
- ChesterFrank said During this part of the reading, my parishes mass...
- Sarochka said Dear Father, My 12 year old daughter and I were w...
- jm said Man, rather damning that the consolation is, ̶...
- ghp95134 said Father Z sez: [1911? I don't have one. Should I s...
- Fiat Domine said My husband who is no religion, and I, listen throu...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Throwing a Nutty
From a priest reader:
I recently spoke with the permanent deacon in our parish after he saw me hanging up my cassock after hearing confessions. He asked me, is the cassock again being proposed as normal attire for priests in the seminary? Of … Continue reading
I have written before that the ordination of women is the flagship issue for liberals.
So long as Pope Francis won’t change Church “policy”, he will remain in their dog house.
Some conservatives frown when the Pope gets out over his skiis … Continue reading
Do you remember when I burst out in my own nutty melt-down about the fact that the interview by the atheist Eugenio Scalfari with Pope Francis, during which Scalfari neither made a recording or notes, was posted on the Vatican website … Continue reading
Even as I write, my chamber is still perfumed with Hoppes Bore Cleaning Solvent: I cleaned my non-liturgical Beretta (9mm PX4 Storm) and my Springfield XD-S (.45 ACP – just back from its factory recall) after sending a couple hundred … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka the National Schismatic Reporter), venomous writer Michael Sean Winters threw a spittle-flecked nutty about the appointment of Most Rev. Leonard Blair as the new Archbishop of Hartford.
I won’t go into the details of MSW’s spittle-flecks.
I’ll just observe … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter), the editor is already starting to wring his hands.
The editorial is a bit mawkish, but you can forgive that.
Here is a sample:
Francis is the exclamation point on Vatican II
Thomas C. Fox
I already hear … Continue reading
We didn’t think this was going to happen?
Six months into this pontificate, and people are starting to go a little crazy.
For example, the Archbishop of Birmingham is talking about intercommunion with Anglicans, based on a document which dates back to … Continue reading
Liberals, living in Nephelokokkygia, think that Pope Francis is “teachable“. When he confounds their expectations and does something Catholic, they say, “He’ll come around.” When he makes sharp negative remarks about radical feminists, they respond, ”We’ll guide him him.”
And then it … Continue reading
From the Catholic League a reaction to liberal over-reaction to TBI™ (aka The Big Interview).
Pope “Hates Dogma”
September 23, 2013
Bill Donohue discusses the way the left is responding to Pope Francis:
If ever there were any doubt that the Catholic left and the … Continue reading