You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- VexillaRegis said Even the Queen of England carries her umbrellas he...
- Bea said My First thought was the Arrogance of this man. to...
- JabbaPapa said I am trying to revive the old “mothership”. I thin...
- Dave N. said On some past presidents and their umbrellas: held...
- JKnott said Obama was soaked before it started to drizzle R...
- LiteratureAddict said At Christendom College, we are blessed to have 13...
- Maltese said That last picture is priceless, and had me LMAO!...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said If this were a Republican, this would be a non-sta...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said I find the gesture disturbing not for all of the r...
- PostCatholic said Thanks be to the gods for their waterfall. (I jest...
- Catholic Tech Geek said I would recommend that you download an iso image o...
- Will D. said If it’s getting to the operating system̵...
- Kathleen10 said Bellisimo Fr. Z! (may have spelled that wrong) A...
- BLB Oregon said As for Mr. Obama, he should have asked the Marine...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. Z. I can’t help you unless you speak Eng
- Bos Mutissimus said 1) Concur that BHO has less respect in general fo...
- BLB Oregon said Who is supposed to attend to this? It would be a d...
- PostCatholic said This has been an interesting thread. I wonder how,...
- Andrew Saucci said The architectural limit on 32-bit operating system...
- Gratias said In November of last year I attended a Public Audie...
- Sword40 said I have to say that Obama isn’t “dumb...
- William Tighe said No doubt this has been stated numerous times befor...
- PostCatholic said I realize this an old thread. But I think a readin...
- EXCHIEF said “I would rather potus would be seen holding...
- andersonbd1 said Make sure you don’t touch the metal parts wi...
- Jerry said What is the make and model of the system? What OS...
- Supertradmum said One must ask one’s self honestly if one rece...
- Ted said A 32 bit system, normally the operating system, ca...
- Supertradmum said That you may be the children of your Father who is...
- Tom in NY said Our readers are strong on the religious reasons fo...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: Vatican II
On 28 December 2012, SSPX Superior Bishop Bernard Fellay gave a long address in English to what sounds like good sized mixed crowd at Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Ontario, Canada.
He unloaded a lot of information.
The talk is 1’37″. … Continue reading
At the blog Southern Orders, Fr. Allan McDonald had a few things to say about liberals and Vatican II and what freaks them out.
Here is a taste with my emphases and comments:
The progressive, liberal element of the Church since Vatican … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald with my emphases:
Head of the CDF urges Catholics to welcome ordinariate converts
Catholics in England and Wales should welcome members of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, the new prefect of … Continue reading
Apparently on 10 Dec, last, the Congregation for Saints issued the decree concerning the heroic virtues of Servant of God Pope Paul VI.
The decree must be promulgated by His Holiness of Our Lord, Pope Benedict XVI, now gloriously reigning, before … Continue reading
We are in The Economist this week. It is a pretty good article, all in all. There are a couple little glitches, but they don’t touch the substance. Enjoy!
My emphases and comments.
A traditionalist avant-garde
It’s trendy to be a traditionalist in the … Continue reading
Fishwrap tapped one of their darlings, former-Catholic theologian and dissenter Charles Curran, to write an encomium of the late Fr. Bernard Häring, CSsR, whose “proportionalist” legacy in moral theology is decidedly mixed.
First, Curran in his piece, reputedly about Häring, winds up … Continue reading
It was easy to predict that Benedict XVI would, during the Year of Faith, issue an encyclical on Faith. It was the next in line after Charity (Deus caritas est and Caritas in veritate) and Hope (Spe salvi).
I wonder if … Continue reading
Pope Benedict, speaking on liturgical music and the new evangelization, emphasizes Gregorian chant, polyphony, listening
Pope Benedict received in audience the “Saint Cecilia Association”, on the occasion of a congress of liturgical choirs taking place in Rome.
The reports on the Holy Father’s address were rather thin and I haven’t seen anything about this in English. … Continue reading
Each time I see a CNS Video I muse, “is this the same CNS I know?
It seems to be!
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI, Brick by Brick, St. Peter’s Basilica, SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM