- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- JuliB said I thought the movie was good, but then again, I wa...
- discens said robtbrown. Well I accept all of it — and rea...
- Gabriel Syme said Gerard Plourde, I think what you describe has alre...
- Gabriel Syme said msc, I wholly agree with you that “enemies...
- Sconnius said Father, you seem like the type of guy who would en...
- robtbrown said Discente dicente, As for accepting 95% of Vatica...
- Gabriel Syme said discens, My apologies if I misunderstood your orig...
- bbloomfield said Does this 6 second YouTube video accurately sum up...
- tgarcia2 said That Star Trek one was awesome. “Fire Photon...
- Kathleen10 said The Vader one was better. But the commentary by t...
- Gerard Plourde said Reconciliation is certainly the desired end. I dou...
- msc said Gabriel Syme: Fellay’s English in these inte...
- Mike said No mention of the SCOTUS decision, but a good serm...
- discens said To Gabriel Syme. Actually I did not assert. I aske...
- Henry Edwards said Thank you, Nathan, for your generous comment, so k...
- MAJ Tony said To Neal & LA: RE: 3) As for reconciliation, th...
- Titus said I haven’t been inside Holy Ghost in years an...
- Nathan said Henry, not to detract one iota from the tremendous...
- T -114: The Lefebvrists | The Deus Ex Machina Blog said […] on Fr. Z’s blog reports of a first...
- T -114: The Lefebvrists | The Deus Ex Machina Blog said […] One example of this phenomenon is the di...
- T -114: The Lefebvrists | The Deus Ex Machina Blog said […] Fr. Z’s blog, where many of his re...
- sw85 said My parish’s small TLM society has asked an F...
- acardnal said Thanks Henry.
- Neal said Many others hold the position that the Church supp...
- Gabriel Syme said About the article itself – thank you to Fr Z...
- Gabriel Syme said donato2, Re: the red gloves – thats what a C...
- Gabriel Syme said It is disappointing to see some posters incorrectl...
- Gabriel Syme said Ben Kenobi, Regarding obedience to authority: do...
- Gabriel Syme said MaryL, The SSPX do not have a problem with the FSS...
- Gabriel Syme said discens, I am afraid that nothing you say in your...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: ¡Hagan lío!
Canonist Ed Peters has comments on SCOTUS decision today. Read the whole thing over there, but… here:
Two thoughts re the Supreme Court decision on ‘same-sex marriage’
Of course, the Court has not yet reached the end of its marriage line, for … Continue reading
In Rome there a vast throng of lay people turned out to defend the family and human ecology in the public square… in front of Rome’s Cathedral, St. John Lateran.
Some snaps from The Great Roman Fabrizio™.
Perhaps has many as 1 … Continue reading
Remember when Illinois gave the F-finger to God and passed same-sex marriage? Bp. Paprocki of Springfield performed an exorcism over the state. For which he is to be applauded.
Catholics – traditionally – not so much today – use exorcisms.
There are … Continue reading
What you failed to read at the National Sodomotic Reporter is that the presidents of Africa’s conferences of bishops met in Accra. Card. Sarah, one of my favorites, was there. They met in the open, by the way… not in … Continue reading
I just watched the video stream of The Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, offering the opening prayer of the Wisconsin Senate on a day when the Senate voted to ban abortion after 20 weeks.
The prayer had … Continue reading
I was in Marquette, MI on Friday for the priestly ordination of a frequent commentator and parodohymnodist here, Fr. Timothy Ferguson. His road to the priesthood was 29 years long! As he quipped: “thirty less one”.
He sent a note about … Continue reading
I have received a few more voicemails…
Remember, I don’t call back, but I listen to it.
Greg in Denver says he once called from a hospital 5 years ago. He wanted this time to thank people for prayers, thank this online community, to say … Continue reading
I received word a few weeks ago about a move that was to be made in the Diocese of St. Petersburg in Florida, by the local bishop, to reduce the celebration of Holy Mass using the 1962 Missale Romanum.
Now I see … Continue reading
ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
I want to bump this to the top so that more priests will see it after a busy weekend.
Published on: Apr 25, 2015 @ 9:58
You will recall that hundreds of priests in England signed a letter, published in the Catholic Herald, … Continue reading
I get interesting voice mail. Remember, I don’t call back, but I listen to it.
To the lady in S. Texas: By all means write to Card. Müller! If they determine that it is a matter for the Congregation for Divine … Continue reading