- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Fr Martin Fox said Why don’t men come to Mass? See the lovely p...
- MaterDei said Please pray for my Latin Mass community. Our pries...
- trentecoastal39 said I Say…. 50 Years of Abuse is Enough! NOVUS O...
- Lin said After reading this post, music during the Eucharis...
- dean24us said That should have read “…noticing the d...
- dean24us said While there many legitimate concerns a person coul...
- Joseph-Mary said http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/12/50-years-...
- Rachel Pineda said “Much of our Church culture has imbibed a pa...
- Charles E Flynn said At Catholic World Report: December 04, 2013 Dom A...
- Elly said I agree, but I have also noticed that there are mo...
- greinkebs said I hope the video of the circus “mass”...
- HighMass said Dominic1955, Have you ever heard of bugnini’...
- Rachel K said Thankyou Father, I managed to listen again today....
- Mike said Listened; thank you!
- Priam1184 said As a man who regularly attends the Ordinary Form I...
- Mercyknight said I could not agree MORE!!! This has been the major...
- JonathanCatholic said “The Church is not falling to pieces. It has never...
- Imrahil said Correct. That said, not as an ideal but as first a...
- JoyIsLikeTheRain said I’m a man, and I would drag my kids to child...
- Ben Kenobi said Well, sir, you have a real talent for exposition....
- Ben Kenobi said “insecure in their own identity and masculin...
- Supertradmum said Prayers for all on this post, btw.
- acricketchirps said Why don’t as many men go to church as women?...
- JARay said I knew Cardinal Heenan when he was the Bishop of L...
- Supertradmum said Prayers for you, Father Z. Please continue to pray...
- Sourpuss translators of Evangelii Gaudium | Hither, Thither, and Yon said [...] translation of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhor...
- Supertradmum said Miss Anita, Pope Francis did use the royal “...
- Stephen Matthew said There is a real issue with liturgy in this yes, th...
- Supertradmum said Card. Heenan’s quotation, which is popular a...
- Mary said I have attended a few of the parishes in the New J...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
- ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!
- We are on one side of the threshold we shall soon cross.
- GUEST POST: “…and my wife said, ‘But that’s a good thing!’”
- Reason #10 for Summorum Pontificum
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Fr. Z KUDOS
A tip of the biretta to Pewsitter for this piece from the Worcester Telegram:
Bishop McManus worried that some omit funeral Masses
WORCESTER — Bishop Robert J. McManus is expressing concern that Central Massachusetts Roman Catholics are not scheduling funeral Masses for … Continue reading
First, Fr. Z kudos to Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield in Illinois.
Bishop Paprocki reacted to the evil decision in Illinois in the way that a Catholic bishop can and ought to react: he prayed. He fought back against the Enemy.
The … Continue reading
Good story from the STrib.
Blue Cloud Abbey monastery sold to group of Catholic buyers from South Dakota and Minnesota
Article by: CARSON WALKER , Associated Press
Updated: November 20, 2013 – 6:50 PM
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Six Catholic couples from … Continue reading
From the Canadian Catholic Register:
‘Spiritual Marines’ head to Tacloban to bless bodies after typhoon
MANILA, Philippines – After days of watching televised scenes of dead bodies scattered around Tacloban, Order of Augustinian Recollect members organized a group of priests and a … Continue reading
Melbourne Archbishop Denis Hart stands by confessional despite abuse recommendationsThe Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne has stood by the church’s stance [good grief] on keeping information on abuse gained through the confessional secret, despite a Victorian Parliamentary inquiry recommending withholding information … Continue reading
I hope the libs at the NSR are celebrating Archbp. Kurtz’s support, as a “moderate”, of the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite.
True “moderates” are also true “traditionalists”.
Our long-time reader, friend, benefactor, commentator here Henry Edwards guides the Knoxville … Continue reading
I like this bishop. He is the sort of bishop that Archbp. Mennini – Nuncio to England and Wales – is helping to appoint. I remember his “inaugural” sermon as the newly “installed” bishop. HERE
From the best Catholic weekly … Continue reading
Now that we have the fluffiest and most wonderfullest Pope ehvurr, Pope Francis, and now that bishops are supposed to be “pastoral”, liberals will start more and more often to claim that bishops should start caving in on the HHS … Continue reading
Bp. Paprocki seems to be a “hard identity” Catholic. We need “hard identity” Catholicism.
That doesn’t mean being mean. That means being clear. “Hard identity” Catholicism doesn’t reject compassion or diplomacy or joy. That’s what liberals do. “Hard identity” Catholics wants … Continue reading
When I hear about the “New Evangelization”, I often wonder when the “Old Evangelization” concluded.
For your Just Too Cool File.
Archbp. Vigneron of Detroit did some sidewalk evangelization!
The group that organizes this is St. Paul Street Evangelization.
“This ministry proudly announces the … Continue reading