Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- MitisVis: Here is a link to the SF Archdioces e and the letter: https://sf archdioces e.org/docu ments/2018 /8/Letter% 20to%20the %20People% 20of%20the %20Archdio cese%208.1 7.18.pdf Archbp....
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Even more impressive is a bishop who not only exhorts his priests and people to do penance but also undertakes to do it himself.
- DJAR: If you want to see a true pastor, scroll down at the link. If you don’ t have time, go to minute 23 and listen to what this holy and humble bishop has to say about his office. The whole...
- mulieribus: I don’ t think it is as easy as this, Father. It is rather complicate d to discern if one can go. My entire large family recently went through this, and it was painful. First...
- majuscule: When you wrote in another post about the need for bishops to perform a Rite of Exorcism over their dioceses I immediatel y thought that would be something Archbishop Cordileone would do....
- HvonBlumenthal: Fr Fox, Thank you. Here’s what I would do if I were an unrepentan t paedophile priest: I would systematic ally go to every priest in my diocese, as well as my bishop, any auxilia...
- Fallibilissimo: I’ve heard it referred to as “the lust of the clergyR 21;. This whole episode just goes to show us what frail creatures we humans really are. May God protect our...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: More feedback: Thank you for your brutal honesty. It is what is necessary, has always been necessary or you end up where we are now. Based on your post, do you think it is not a...
- Fallibilissimo: That sounds like a GREAT idea! Actually, you’ re reminding me of Fr Amorth! Incidental ly, he used to say that he couldnR 17;t absolve half the Bishops of the world in...
- Suburbanbanshee: Masked Chicken – I suspect that someone actually a prophet, or someone known to be a “liv ing saint,R 21; could help, like a Mother Teresa or a Blessed Solanus...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: I love these people who – RIGHT AWAY – jump in and say, “The y won’ t do it.” Oh YEAH! Ask them yourself. You’ ve got a pen and an envelo...
- Orlando: Father great advice , but I am fairly confident they will not heed it. By there actions they show that they don’t believe any of it, They don’t believe in Satan, Latin, Tradition or the...
- MrsMacD: Something laypeople can do besides, attend Mass, frequent the sacraments and make Holy Hours; http://www .auxiliumc hristianor um.org/
- tominrichmond: In general, one is only permitted to use proportion al force to fend off an assault. Killing in response to an unwanted sexual advance would probably result in a manslaught er...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Father Chad Ripperger, an exorcist, has a number of conference s on Youtube. He talks quite candidly about the rite, about the demons, about the different ways in which...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: I approve this message. Prayer, fasting, and solemn exorcism are what are needed to drive the demon of sodomy and child rape out of the Church.
- BayviewBadger: Great idea… ;but why wait? I think the quote “ 230;with what you have, do what you can, and do it now… ” applies. Sorry, forgot who the author of that quote...
- Sportsfan: “I wonder what it means.R 21; It doesn̵ 7;t MEAN anything. For there to be psychoanal ysis there has to be a psyche to analyze. It’s all slogans and fluff. There is no...
- Kathleen10: Well I never thought I’d say something like this, but this is where the laity may be able to help. Given the fact that we have had this problem lo these many years, and we see the...
- Fr. Andrew: Good idea, if I’m not mistaken, the foul spirits have to be named. Avarice. Lust. Sacrilege. And on and on.
- Kathleen10: Great idea Fr. Z. I sincerely hope many do it.
- GregB: @rollingrj : * EWTN has a video where Adam Blai said that the solemn exorcism rite should only be done by a priest. Only the priest has the full weight of the Church behind him. The only...
- Joy65: I said years ago that the Pope needed to do an exorcism over the whole U.S.
- Kerry: Excellenci es & Eminences, yes, Yes, YES! Fewer commission s, more exorcisms! !!
- rollingrj: “Whe ther you decide to do this publicly or private!y, please — just do it.” I would humbly suggest this ritual be done publically . As this is affecting all of the...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
- PODCAzT 165: Liturgical battles lost and won… and lost; don Camillo (Part X)
- Super creepy poster for “gay” conference reveals agenda
- Controversy over the Holy Father’s substitution of CCC 2267 continues.
- Omnium Gatherum: Francis falling, beans in flasks, Fishwrap’s Defarge, sexual abuse by nuns
- ASK FATHER: Invalidly married niece coming to visit with husband. What to do?
- ASK FATHER: Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy – “Young priests would like to know more…”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Fr. Z KUDOS
A priest friend sent me a copy of the letter address to the people of the Archdiocese of San Francisco by his Excellency Most Rev. Samuel Cordileone. His letter addresses the present crisis.
The letter is impressive.
Among the things which impressed … Continue reading
In the older, traditional way of thinking about Holy Mass, when we celebrate a traditional Pontifical Mass, especially at the throne, we perceive the Mass as being the spiritual gathering of the entire diocese in that moment and place in … Continue reading
From the National Review Online:
Despite Misunderstanding, the Latin Mass Endures
By LIAM WARNER
The same riches that profited Saint Teresa of Ávila and Saint Francis de Sales are available to Catholics today.
Not a small group of people will read the title of … Continue reading
Do you have some good news to share with the readership? Let’s hear it! We need good news.
Here’s some good news for you.
A few weeks ago, the Archdiocese of Washington DC got a new Auxiliary Bishop, Most. Rev. Michael Fisher. … Continue reading
I saw a great entry at NLM about a Pontifical Mass in Louisiana. There are good photos. Check it out.
His Excellency Glen Provost, Bishop of Lake Charles celebrated a Pontifical Mass in their cathedral.
Writing about it, Greg DiPippo aptly adds … Continue reading
This is the season of First Holy Masses. For example, on Saturday 30 June, I will be helping as Assistant Priest with the First Mass of a newly ordained priest to be celebrated in the presence of the bishop (coram … Continue reading
The Cathedral of St. Paul in St. Paul, MN, is in my estimation a candidate for “grandest cathedral in these USA”. It is also the National Shrine of St. Paul.
One of the advantages of this cathedral is that is wasn’t … Continue reading
ACK! I posted the wrong photos. Corrections below.
Speaking of Corpus Christi and processions, you might recall that some months ago I suggested to the readership that it would be a good gesture to help Corpus Christi parish in London, on … Continue reading
There is a plentiful lack of clarity these days. How refreshing it is when we hear or read something that is faithful, true and clear.
I offer for your attention a commencement address given at Thomas Aquinas College in California by … Continue reading
There are two kinds of Jesuits, and Ottawa’s Archbp. Terrence Prendergast is one of them.
He recently said some things that make a lot of sense about the nonsensical German bishops and their deeply dopey move towards Communion for non-Catholics and … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly the Catholic Herald comes a commentary on the Met “Gay-la”. Yes, we are still talking about that horrid blotch on the Church’s reputation, lest we forget. My emphases and comments:
Pastor Iuventus: ?In today’s Church, satire … Continue reading
As I have been traveling, I have not been following a lot of news, ecclesial or secular. Today, however, some stories invaded and I paid attention.
I have really limited time at the moment, so I will give you the … Continue reading
I’ve had lot of email about the recent annual “Correspondents Dinner” in the nation’s swamp. Hence, I had to look at a few video clips of “roasting” which proves that “liberal comedian” is a contradiction in terms.
What struck me … Continue reading
There are entirely understandable reasons why not every church can be grand and beautiful. For example, sometimes a church is needed quickly and the means are slim. In many cases, however, a little creativity and a touch more patience – … Continue reading
I have on occasion written about the important Apostolic Pardon or also Blessing, to be imparted to a person who is close to death.
The Apostolic Pardon imparts to a person who is properly disposed, please God through the last sacraments, … Continue reading