Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- AVL said I, too, would like to know if you wear your cleric...
- jkking said I went to De La Salle High School! I was a senior...
- StJude said A reporter in San Diego tweeted that 3 on the terr...
- Animadversor said The principal advantage of priestly Latinity is th...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said Reunite the tabernacle with the altar and everythi...
- StJude said I’d love to get on a plane and see a Priest....
- SKAY said Obama could have done something about this a year...
- Kathleen10 said I’m dying to know if you are traveling in Ro...
- kay said I’ve never had a problem with Genesis and 6...
- Andrew Saucci said Air travel these days borders on the inhumane, whi...
- kay said I know I won’t be giving to the churches an...
- Priam1184 said No offense Supertradmum, but the way one gets jamm...
- Supertradmum said Dr. Jay Boyd passed this around this week. Worth w...
- Supertradmum said I hate flying. I hate long trips. The new generati...
- Tina in Ashburn said The spread of the “errors of Russia” s...
- racjax said Napa Institute, right?
- OrthodoxChick said Cafea Fruor, I just read through a few of the poem...
- acardnal said That foot photo and your uncouth seatmates reminde...
- marcelus said I remeber this from when I was a kid. Israel pulli...
- KM Edwards said But hold on there … St Francis was a peaceni...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I hope to!
- Reconverted Idiot said Re: being a “European on the ground” f...
- Reconverted Idiot said Hmm, I take that second part back. I’m sorry...
- mabvet said Safe travels, Father. I like your reading materi...
- Reconverted Idiot said Supertradmum: “Reconverted Idiot, I was refe...
- jflare said danube, When I read postings like what you’v...
- acardnal said I expect you will be sipping some fine California...
- danube-bosphorus-moskva said Seems we somehow misunderstood. I told that among...
- terryprest said The Latin Poems of Leo XIII: Done Into English Ver...
- robtbrown said In 1980 the diocese of Rochester had about 400 dio...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of They people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
- “Thanks for your blog. It saved this seminarian from a particularly mortifying purification.”
- Compare and contrast: VIDEO – 1983 Pres. Reagan about Korean Air 007
- “Are you still there? Did I do something wrong? I need to know…”
- Voice of America on Holy Innocents in Manhattan: a vibrant Catholic community
- UPDATE: 2013 Scalfari Interview now BACK on the Vatican website. Why?
- Great article in FIRST THINGS: Correcting Catholic Blindness. ACTION ITEM!
- 30 A.D. INTERVIEW OF SCALFARIUS WITH JESUS OF NAZARETH
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Fr. Z KUDOS
For your “Brick by Brick” file, in the El Paso Times:
El Paso Catholic Diocese to offer Mass in Latin [Will it be the Novus Ordo?]
“Oremus,” which means ‘let us pray’ in Latin will be heard regularly in Mass starting in … Continue reading
It will not be stopped.
This is a little late in the posting, but I thought you would like to see a couple success stories.
First, my friend Fr. Jay Finelli, “iPadre”, sent photos of a Pontifical Mass celebrated by Bp. Matano … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap, Jamie Manson deserves our praise.
Are are shocked?
Our Jamie seems to be the only one over there who isn’t in denial about Pope Francis!
See her piece (I am not making this up):
Time to face facts: Pope Francis agrees … Continue reading
Here is an encouraging “¡Vaya lío!” example.
You all know about, or ought to know about, the great Benedictine monks in Norcia, Italy. Here is something from their web page:
SOLEMN MASS WITH THE BISHOP OF FOLIGNO, HIS EXCELLENCY GUALTIERO SIGISMONDI
[NB] The Bishop … Continue reading
With a biretta tip to TAM, I bring to your attention something that was in the Charlotte Observer.
This is we are going to experience for a long-time, friends. If we Catholics (read: faithful to the teachings of the Church concerning … Continue reading
Fr. Z kudos to the Archbp. of San Antonio.
From the Express-News:
Confessions to be heard for 24 hours at downtown church
SAN ANTONIO — The sacrament of confession will be offered for 24 hours straight by a team of priests and San … Continue reading
Radio show Vicki McKenna, the Rush of MadCity (aka Madison, WI, aka 78 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality), spoke on air the other day (final hour on 25 March) about a 911 call from a Planned Parenthood Big-Business Abortion clinic which severely injured … Continue reading
From The Catholic Thing. My emphases and comments.
Fidelity – to Spouses and Christ’s Words
By Fr. Gerald Murray [A good friend... Fr. Murray, J.C.D., is pastor of Holy Family Church, New York, NY, and a canon lawyer.]
[QUAERITUR...] Is the most serious problem … Continue reading
Deacon By Deacon.
His Mightiness, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of the Diocese of Madison (aka “The Extraordinary Ordinary”), descended upon Nebraska recently to ordain men of the Fraternity of St. Peter to the holy diaconate.
Note… gloves, dalmatic, simple … Continue reading
About the great Governor of Wisconsin. I wonder if he will run for President.
From The Blaze:
Scott Walker Says He Won’t Cave to Atheists’ Demand to Pull Bible Verse
“Governor Walker will not remove the post on his social media,” Walker spokeswoman … Continue reading