Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- One of those TNCs said No “amen” from me, either, and for mos...
- Lori Pieper said Excellent news today! (Aug 27) The Positio for Joh...
- Sword40 said I, too, am a weekly TLM attendee. I’ll stick...
- marcelus said Well.. another one from the fallen from grace Vati...
- Lin said There are a lot of things that I would love to bri...
- hmf10 said Adam was created first. He IS the species. Eve is...
- Lin said It has been a long two years (almost 2-1/2 but who...
- Nan said @Kent Wendler, how beautiful that He allows you a...
- arga said From Day 1, this Holy Father has undertaken to dis...
- Daniel W said Paul M, interesting but not quite sufficient. The...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said People won’t go out of their way to be insul...
- manwithblackhat said I read the article, carefully. All of it. I agree...
- Gerard Plourde said Having just spent four weeks being edified and cha...
- Vincent said Goodness me! Who knew that so many people care abo...
- Benedict Joseph said The “sensus fidei” is comprised of the...
- SimonR said A friend who visited Rome earlier this year expres...
- acardnal said FrJim, please note, shaming can provide a positive...
- clarinetist04 said Here in Luxembourg (and in nearby France as well)...
- FL_Catholic said Well, I guess this just shows that all the faithfu...
- Thorfinn said ” the PA system by Protestants….how ab...
- Polycarpio said As far as I can tell, all this just means that att...
- CPT TOM said I am amazed this is such an issue. I am having a...
- DisturbedMary said Should we draw the most obvious conclusion?
- aquinasadmirer said Is this the “Francis Effect” I keep he...
- Makemeaspark said Dear Fr. Z, I must respectfully agree with Dr. Ed...
- TMKent said I’m a big fan of the TLM. I love that our ch...
- Lori Pieper said Jabba Pappa, they are significant indeed. In fact...
- iamlucky13 said Thank you for the posts on St. Monica today. IR...
- Matthew Gaul said Ever since I visited a pewless monastery, pews mak...
- Vincent said Sad. Whatever you think of the Pope, the audience...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (102)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS! (91)
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this? (57)
- Facebook locks out Catholic priest Msgr. Charles Pope, for being a “Monsignor” (45)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (33)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (32)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a 3 year old? (25)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (18)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope?
- WDTPRS – 13th Sunday after Pentecost: “E ‘n la sua volontade è nostra pace!”
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Pope Francis attended Mass in St. Peter’s on Feast of St. Pius X
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS!
- WDTPRS: 21st Sunday of Ordinary Time – When “virtues” are replaced by “values”.
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this?
- 29 Sept – Holy Innocents -Manhattan – BLUE MASS… TLM!
- Six consecutive sixes in one over
- Facebook locks out Catholic priest Msgr. Charles Pope, for being a “Monsignor”
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a 3 year old?
- ASK FATHER: Can we pray to the deceased who are not saints?
- Does Pope Francis strike you as being easily scared?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Fr. Z KUDOS
I noticed an interesting post at 1 Peter 5. A woman explains the altar girl situation. Let’s jump in after her intro remarks: […] I was a girl altar server. I served for roughly eight years in my parish. While I … Continue reading
Ultra Fr. Z kudos to Anthony Esolen who has a must-read, do-not-miss, go-there-to-read-it-now piece about making the Church effeminate and, thereby, killing vocations to the priesthood. How to Kill Vocations in Your Diocese ANTHONY ESOLEN Cardinal Raymond Burke has recently … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Finelli has some good advice. If you want to attract people to Mass, get rid of Latin! [Don’t worry. Keep reading.] Almost every Catholic parish you enter in the US, it would be a slight miracle to … Continue reading
The conference I attended in Rome, held by the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy, has concluded. The CCC groups represented were from Australia, Ireland, the UK, and USA. The CCC issued a joint statement, HERE, which follows (my emphases): Statement in … Continue reading
At my old stomping ground The Wanderer (I had a weekly column for 11 years) there is an interview with His Eminence Raymond Leo Card. Burke. Read the whole thing there, but here is a sample of Part One of the interview, … Continue reading
Via FNC: George and Barbara Bush celebrate 70th wedding anniversary Former President George H.W. Bush and first lady Barbara Bush are marking a milestone in their love story this Tuesday, celebrating 70 years of marriage. The longest-wed presidential couple set … Continue reading
Speaking of Hell’s Kitchen, over at CWR there is a dynamite interview with Fr. George Rutler, Pastor of St. Michael’s in Manhattan. He speaks on a range of issues, from the decision of the Church of England to “ordain” women … Continue reading
How I would like to have been in Manhattan on Sunday at Holy Innocents parish for their Patronal Feast! Holy Innocents, once considered for the guillotine, was given a reprieve by His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan. Many people expressed their dismay that such … Continue reading
You know that I am not a fan of The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet). That said, there is a something striking, striking as in “nail on the head”, from a seasoned priest which you should read. This is from Fr. Mark Minihane … Continue reading
Some of the mistakes we make in life can’t be fixed. These days we expect everything to be fixable, to have a solution. There must be some way to get around problems, some cure, some repair, some slight-of-hand. No. Not … Continue reading