Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- djc said After mass we have a baked Ham, Cheddar Cheese and...
- Denis Crnkovic said I (we) used to have traditions many decades ago, n...
- Tina in Ashburn said aww Father. Glad you got a moment of peace. The ar...
- Priam1184 said Still in New York Father? When are you off to Rom...
- Robbie said I remember that day so well. Although JPI and JPI...
- Supertradmum said iepuras, Congratulations and welcome aboard! Maske...
- Kathleen10 said I can only speak for me. I would feel absolutely...
- Mike said “I hardly needed the plane to fly to my next...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Be at peace, Thomas S. I still remember with joy...
- SimonR said I prayed for my hero, Benedict XVI very much today...
- Thomas S said I remember this anniversary post used to elicit ...
- HighMass said “Dopo il grande Papa Giovanni Paolo II, e si...
- acardnal said jhayes wrote, ” . . . it seems that many bis...
- chantgirl said God bless him. Perhaps someday he will be a saint,...
- Paulo said In my family, there are so many traditions mixed u...
- Mariana2 said “Cluck Kent” : ) ! Just made the Pasch...
- iPadre said Long live Benedict XVI!
- mikeinmo said Carrying on the Eastern European tradition that my...
- mrshopey said I prayed this for the first time yesterday and it...
- Sonshine135 said Today, I cooked raw kielbasa and cooked up two rin...
- Cathy said Three things the Holy Father did not do, he did no...
- BLB Oregon said Orthodox Chick–yes, the plain meaning of the...
- Catholic Tech Geek said Ah yes, the famous buttered lamb (which my family...
- Tom in NY said For me, special Easter foods would include not onl...
- Fr_Sotelo said Wonderful news. “Hagan lío” (“go...
- The Masked Chicken said “@masked fowl, I had no idea chickens could...
- Dr. Edward Peters said mamajen: one thing, Lent is over. there are other...
- chantgirl said Unfortunately, my family’s European food tra...
- Nan said We used to have ham with all the trimmings, includ...
- Maria said A Blessed Easter to All! The church I went yesterd...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Fr. Z KUDOS
Pat Archbold has written an open letter to Pope Francis about the plight of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate. Here is a sample.
Dear Holy Father,
I urgently need your help and so do others. I have heard all you have … Continue reading
Be sure to view the recent episode of The World Over on EWTN. Raymond Arroyo interviewed His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke on a range of issues.
They dig into The Francis Effect, the recent Apostolic Exhortation and its controversy, reform … Continue reading
This is from NBC10 in Providence:
Tobin: Mandela’s support for abortion ‘shameful’
PROVIDENCE - The Roman Catholic Bishop of Providence weighed in on Nelson Mandela’s death by calling his support for abortion “shameful.”
Bishop Thomas Tobin, in a statement posted Sunday on the diocesan … Continue reading
From Prof. Ed Peters, canonist, and his blog In The Light Of The Law - which has not an open combox.
Antinomianism in high places is still antinomianism
We live in pervasively antinomian times, and basic unawareness of law is all around us. [Two … Continue reading
A tip of the biretta to Pewsitter for this piece from the Worcester Telegram:
Bishop McManus worried that some omit funeral Masses
WORCESTER — Bishop Robert J. McManus is expressing concern that Central Massachusetts Roman Catholics are not scheduling funeral Masses for … Continue reading
First, Fr. Z kudos to Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield in Illinois.
Bishop Paprocki reacted to the evil decision in Illinois in the way that a Catholic bishop can and ought to react: he prayed. He fought back against the Enemy.
The … Continue reading
Good story from the STrib.
Blue Cloud Abbey monastery sold to group of Catholic buyers from South Dakota and Minnesota
Article by: CARSON WALKER , Associated Press
Updated: November 20, 2013 – 6:50 PM
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Six Catholic couples from … Continue reading
From the Canadian Catholic Register:
‘Spiritual Marines’ head to Tacloban to bless bodies after typhoon
MANILA, Philippines – After days of watching televised scenes of dead bodies scattered around Tacloban, Order of Augustinian Recollect members organized a group of priests and a … Continue reading
Melbourne Archbishop Denis Hart stands by confessional despite abuse recommendationsThe Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne has stood by the church’s stance [good grief] on keeping information on abuse gained through the confessional secret, despite a Victorian Parliamentary inquiry recommending withholding information … Continue reading
I hope the libs at the NSR are celebrating Archbp. Kurtz’s support, as a “moderate”, of the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite.
True “moderates” are also true “traditionalists”.
Our long-time reader, friend, benefactor, commentator here Henry Edwards guides the Knoxville … Continue reading