- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Venerator Sti Lot said bkerns07, It looks like one or another edition or...
- Jason Keener said I will keep all of you in my prayers. Please pray...
- DD said That my daughter and her husband are able to have...
- Blaise said An Ave Maria or a Memorare said for each of these...
- Paul_S said Thank you for donating and posting, Fr. Z!
- Moral_Hazard said Our new parochial vicar is in his late twenties, h...
- ProfKwasniewski said Amen, Father! Thank you for all you do to promote...
- Nathan said Father, didn’t Zuhlio make a recording of th...
- mtmajor said For work, any work; we don’t want to lose ou...
- VexillaRegis said Please pray for My dear friend M, a wife and mothe...
- AnnTherese said Rant on gay marriage. Would like to hear the Churc...
- Allan S. said Requesting prayers for: Conversion of MSS Salvatio...
- Gil Garza said I heartily recommend this book nerd’s book....
- JesusFreak84 said For a friend to return to the Faith…or come...
- Paul M. said Please pray for my friend, that her current job si...
- So-Called Same-Sex Marriage, Religious Freedom - Big Pulpit said […] Catholic Lane States’ Recourse to Suprem...
- Sandy said Please pray for my grandson, G. My daughter is wor...
- bkerns07 said Fr. Z– What edition of Newman’s poems...
- DumSpiroSpero said I am praying all the intentions listed, and I pray...
- Elizabeth D said Praying for all these intentions.
- aviva meriam said For J: that he either Find a better job or that hi...
- SaintJude6 said For me to accept my most recent miscarriage as bei...
- Sliwka said For the conversion of my wife
- MrsMacD said For S who needs a better home. For A who’s m...
- Mike said For the Brother Rector of the lay Brothers of the...
- Mike said After all, the Church teaches that remarriage afte...
- TawdryPenitent said I ask for prayers for my beautiful granddaughter w...
- Mariana2 said Very happy to pray for everyone posting here. Plea...
- knute said I have a close family member whose marriage is in...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said For our daily bread. We’ve been praying to t...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Summorum Pontificum – 8 years on – and an ACTION ITEM!
- 07/07/07 – “dust off the censer, and toss out the bong”
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: reading edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 6th Sunday after Pentecost – zeal and mercy
- ASK FATHER: Priest who baptizes any baby brought to him
- ASK FATHER: Same-sex confusion, false understanding of marriage, and nullity
- Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – UPDATED – Echolink use
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Fr. Z KUDOS
At my old stomping ground The Wanderer (I had a weekly column for 11 years) there is an interview with His Eminence Raymond Leo Card. Burke. Read the whole thing there, but here is a sample of Part One of the interview, … Continue reading
George and Barbara Bush celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
Former President George H.W. Bush and first lady Barbara Bush are marking a milestone in their love story this Tuesday, celebrating 70 years of marriage.
The longest-wed presidential couple set the record in … Continue reading
Speaking of Hell’s Kitchen, over at CWR there is a dynamite interview with Fr. George Rutler, Pastor of St. Michael’s in Manhattan.
He speaks on a range of issues, from the decision of the Church of England to “ordain” women as … Continue reading
How I would like to have been in Manhattan on Sunday at Holy Innocents parish for their Patronal Feast!
Holy Innocents, once considered for the guillotine, was given a reprieve by His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan. Many people expressed their dismay that such a … Continue reading
You know that I am not a fan of The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet). That said, there is a something striking, striking as in “nail on the head”, from a seasoned priest which you should read. This is from Fr. Mark Minihane … Continue reading
Some of the mistakes we make in life can’t be fixed.
These days we expect everything to be fixable, to have a solution. There must be some way to get around problems, some cure, some repair, some slight-of-hand.
No. Not everything can … Continue reading
From something that you should read:
The elimination of altars and communion rails is the obliteration of sacred art. The obliteration of sacred art is the flattening of liturgical language. The flattening of liturgical language is the abandonment of ageless chants and hymns. The abandonment of those … Continue reading
The other day I posted about the rebuilding of a little parish church which had burned a few years ago on Christmas Eve. The rebuilding was quite the success. E cineribus resurgit.
I see now that another parish church, destroyed – 47 … Continue reading
Today in the Diocese of Marquette the local bishop is ordaining transitional deacons including a long-time participant here and frequent commentator, now Rev. Mr. Tim Ferguson!
You know him also at the Official Parodohymnodist of this blog, famous for the lyrics … Continue reading