Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JBS said “[S]ome dioceses do not demand money back fr...
- Dave N. said Good news for the Diocese of Madison! “Pries...
- wmeyer said It has always been a human rights issue, and the h...
- bookworm said I was once told, by a very orthodox priest with co...
- The Masked Chicken said “Masked Chicken, many of the Midwest seminar...
- JBS said APX, Parish Priests today, at least in the USA, d...
- The Masked Chicken said “The internet is not like your telephone. It...
- HeatherPA said Excellent, excellent line. “Pro-aborts don...
- Maria said I did not hear nor read anything about him prior t...
- Matt Robare said Sadly, in America, where even those who don’...
- Michael said All of this really does make me hopeful for the Ch...
- Uxixu said I am registered at my home parish and I’m re...
- benedetta said This is a pretty old argument, actually advanced i...
- frival said My pastor takes great joy in pointing out that, du...
- CAR said Agreed, Fr. Z. This is a human rights issue. Woman...
- Supertradmum said Pray for seminarians. The devil works overtime to...
- Kathleen10 said I should have added, this just seems to make sense...
- JaneC said I’m not sure why some dioceses seem to have...
- Kathleen10 said Supertradmum, I couldn’t agree with you more...
- APX said Jbs, Someone could take the time to label a map an...
- HighMass said asperges I used Google Translate….No I did...
- Supertradmum said arickett, as I noted above, parents are expected t...
- SKAY said It was such a sad and depressing day. It is so h...
- Supertradmum said Sorry for typos, in a rush..
- Supertradmum said arickett, because of immigration laws in Great Bri...
- JBS said mburn16, I’m not sure how publicly declaring...
- SKAY said President Obama’s pick for head of the FCC h...
- Paul M. said In some dioceses, there is particular law that han...
- JBS said Jesus Freak, This sounds more like trying to make...
- A Simple Reflection on Glory | the theological beard said […] commentary on the Sunday Collect. You ca...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Fr. Z KUDOS
I warmly recommend to the readership a column by Francis Card. George, Archbishop of Chicago. His Eminence knocks this one over the fence.
We enter in medias res. You can find the whole thing HERE:
In recent years, society has brought … Continue reading
I suspect that some of you clicked on the link when you saw the headline because you want to read my predictable rant about the “gay” thing in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York and the local archbishop’s … Continue reading
Congratulations to Congressman Sensenbrenner!
From the WSJ:
Joined by church leaders, Sensenbrenner becomes Catholic
Wisconsin Congressman James Sensenbrenner (R-Menomonee Falls) converted to Catholicism in a quiet ceremony at Milwaukee’s St. Francis de Sales Seminary on Monday — a private affair reportedly attended by … Continue reading
There is a fine bishop in England, in Shrewsbury (across the river from Liverpool). His Excellency Most Rev. Mark Davies recently addressed the Faith Movement during their conference. ZENIT has more.
Young Catholics Urged to Engage in Spiritual Warfare
Bishop Stresses Need … Continue reading
I find myself in complete agreement with Phyllis Zagano.
[Those sounds you are hearing are jaws hitting desks, mugs of Mystic Monk coffee dropping to the floor with a crash and splash, astonished readers sliding off chairs in a swoon.]
Yes, you … Continue reading
I saw this report about a prayer rally for Christians who are being persecuted, who are dying and on the run, in Iraq, murdered and tormented by Islamic terrorists. HERE
This is what Pope Francis was talking about. ¡Hagan lío!
Holy Innocents … Continue reading
Back in 1993 Mother Angelica blew up when, at World Youth Day (10-15 August), there was a mimed Stations of the Cross during which a woman portrayed Christ. Someone gave me a recording of her reaction.
She called out the dissident nomenklatura … Continue reading
I make suggestions at the end.
At the top, Fr. Z kudos to Bp. Boyea!
Catholic Parish Solves Two Problems with One Lease
Catholic Parish, 1; Abortionist, 0.
After years of prayer, a Catholic parish in Lansing, Michigan found a way to get … Continue reading
A happy tip of the biretta to one of the smartest talk radio show personalities in these USA, Vicki McKenna for the following. Thank you! Thank you!
I pick this up from one of her tweets:
ANNOYED by websites that AUTOPLAY … Continue reading
There is an interesting piece at Hell’s Bible today about the Diocese of Brooklyn’s new Co-Cathedral, “the enormous, 102-year-old Church of St. Joseph on Pacific Street in Prospect Heights”.
I have visited too few churches in Brooklyn, but the next time … Continue reading