Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Josemaria said I benefit from praying the Luminous Mysteries. The...
- PA mom said I follow the schedule and like the Luminous Myster...
- Mike said The way some people go on about the Luminous Myste...
- anilwang said I personally love the Luminous Mysteries. Not only...
- Mr. Screwtape said Glad to know that the Third Person of the Blessed...
- majuscule said I grew up in the time before the Luminous Mysterie...
- Menagerie said TWF I do the same thing on feast days, and on rare...
- JesusFreak84 said If the Rosary is supposed to represent 150 Ave Mar...
- Kensington said I just follow the schedule. If I’m saying th...
- VexillaRegis said Do you think that the LCWR will demand that the Po...
- Southern Baron said I don’t always pray the rosary. But when I d...
- jfk03 said I love the luminous mysteries, particularly the ba...
- TWF said I have no problem with the Luminous mysteries and...
- Geoffrey said I chose “I am happy to use the Luminous Myst...
- Glennonite said I have used the Luminous Mysteries since I first h...
- CradleRevert said I use the Luminous mysteries on occasion, but not...
- benedetta said The description she offers to market herself is no...
- dmwallace said I never could manage to meditate on the mystery of...
- dmwallace said We Americans need to have an NFL Game for Peace. A...
- Prayerful said The French have fairly extensive experience of usi...
- AVL said This was a little mean spirited. I mean sure its n...
- AVL said GOOOOOOLLLLLL!
- dmwallace said Is there something with Italians and Lennon’...
- acardnal said “Look at the picture of the rainbow flag in...
- Papabile said The Europeans have no military capability that cou...
- Brooklyn said 7bella – I would say “How about starti...
- Kathleen10 said Sorry, but homosexualists have absconded the rainb...
- acardnal said Vecchio, I agree with you. “The Mass in Slo...
- ejcmartin said I must admit though that was a nice header by his...
- Muv said The “i” symbol – self-love, out...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- POLL: The Luminous Mysteries – For them or against them?
- More Boko Haram Terror in Nigeria against Christians
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
- FOLLOW UP: Soccer Match for Peace – COEXIST sighting
- “to become highly educated, travel the world … without being beholden to a husband or children”
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Christmas and Epiphany
In the ancient Western Church and in the East, Epiphany was more important than the relative latecomer Christmas. Epiphany is from the Greek word for a divine “manifestation” or “revelation”. There are many “epiphanies” of God in the Scripture. Think, … Continue reading
Allow me first to rant:
I understand that transferring major feasts to a Sunday can have the “pastoral” aim of exposing more people to the mystery the feast celebrates. But… for the love of God… Ascension Thursday is on Thursday and … Continue reading
Wednesday is 6 January and therefore Epiphany.
Don’t forget, Fathers, the wonderful tradition of blessing chalk and houses.
(In other words, get some chalk today, if you don’t already have some.)
The shepherds teach us a priority: hasten to worship. Everything else comes later.
In his sermon for Christmas Pope Benedict shows his mystical side. He is a liturgical mystic. That is to say, for Benedict, worship is an occasion for the … Continue reading
What Does the Prayer Really Say? 6 January – Epiphany (1962 Missale Romanum – Roman Station: San Pietro in Vaticano)
“Epiphany” comes from the Greek word for a divine “manifestation” or “revelation”. The antiphons for Vespers in the … Continue reading
The Roman Station for Epiphany is San Pietro in Vaticano. The only problem is that Epiphany in the Vatican is celebrated on 6 January, when it ought to be. In the rest of the world, sadly, Epiphany is moved around, … Continue reading
What Does the Prayer Really Say? 1 January – The Octave of Christmas (1962 Missale Romanum)
During the Octave of the Nativity Holy Church helps us to rest in the mystery of the Lord’s Birth, His future Sacrifice, and the Divine … Continue reading
The prayers for the Solemnity of Mary Mother of God in the 2002MR.
COLLECT (2002MR) Deus, qui salutis aeternae, beatae Mariae virginitate fecunda, humano generi praemia praestitisti, tribue, quaesumus, ut ipsam pro nobis intercedere sentiamus, per quam meruimus Filium tuum … Continue reading
On 31 December the faithful can gain a Plenary Indulgence by public recitation or singing of the Te Deum.On 1 January the faithful can gain a Plenary Indulgence by public recitation or singing of the Veni Creator.
From the Enchiridion Indulgentiarum … Continue reading
What is going on in today’s ….
COLLECT – LATIN TEXT (1962MR): Omnipotens sempiterne Deus, dirige actus nostros in beneplacito tuo: ut in nomine dilecti Filii tui mereamur bonis operibus abundare.
This Collect survived the surgeons of Bugnini’s Consilium to live … Continue reading