"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Ignatius said I would like to purchase several copies in Spanish...
- JonPatrick said DamianF the short answer is, we don’t really...
- Prayerful said I was at Dom Benedict’s first mass in St Kev...
- JonPatrick said A little while ago I heard an interview on the rad...
- donadrian said I do consider it a rather vulgar thing to do.
- Clinton R. said Like voiceinthewilderness, I too remember Jimmy Fa...
- Philippa Martyr said A truly Christian person would be warmed at this,...
- Philippa Martyr said Early smirk! Ma gast ees flabbeured.
- CharlesG said Heh. There’s one Hollywood type who didn...
- voiceinthewilderness said Bill Murray and Jimmy Fallon should team up to hel...
- Cradle Catholic said The latest link posted seemed to work. Thanks, Ph...
- SaintJude6 said Marcelus, It is only a bad answer if you choose to...
- Liz said I love your photos and commentary. I’m getti...
- stephen c said Well said, Father Z, in every respect. I continue...
- marcelus said ” What can Francis do to tame some of this o...
- Woody said Thank you for posting the text of the National Vow...
- jhayes said Yesterday one of you readers gave me a good lead o...
- Philippa Martyr said Here’s a link to the “How to Help” link on the Sil...
- frsbr said Years ago, I stayed at the Benedictine guest house...
- Unwilling said I am glad Fox (and you?) removed the “Yes...
- Kathleen10 said All that good stuff got condensed down to one sent...
- Charles E Flynn said The “Here” link to PayPal is not worki...
- majuscule said Here’s a link to the “How to Help̶...
- Rachel K said Have you tried the ice cream from Bertillon on Ile...
- majuscule said I have given in the past and will give again. Wish...
- Rachel K said Fr Z, I want to recount a miracle for your Miracle...
- Rachel K said Oranger should say Orangerie
- Rachel K said I was privileged (blessed) to live in. Paris for s...
- The Cobbler said Considering pews are (or so I’ve been told)...
- The Cobbler said “When Henry VIII split with Rome, all kinds...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
- WDTPRS – 33rd Ordinary Sunday: thoughts on the “sign of peace”
- Days after 2014 Synod closes, CDF responds to question on absolution for civilly remarried
- How the ‘c’atholic liberal media will smear Bishops who uphold moral teachings
- Card. Sarah: Worst discrimination against poor is not to give them God
- MAGISTER: “words and gestures left purposely vague”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: WDTPRS
I had to smile today at the Collect for the Feast of St. Joseph of Cupertino in the 1962MR.
Deus, qui ad unigenitum Filium tuum exaltatum a terra omnia trahere disposuisti: perfice propitius; ut meritis et exemplo seraphici Confessoris tui Iosephi … Continue reading
Today is the Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Can you name them?
Here the entry from the Roman Martyrology:
Memoria beatae Mariae Virginis perdolentis, quae, iuxta crucem Iesu adstans, Filii salutiferae passioni intime fideliterque sociata est et nova exstitit Eva, … Continue reading
This year, the Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross takes precedence over the Ordinary Form calendar’s 24th Sunday of Ordinary Time and over the Extraordinary Form’s 14th Sunday after Pentecost. Let’s look at the Collects for the Feast of … Continue reading
The Collect for the 23rd Ordinary Sunday was not in any pre-Conciliar edition of the Roman Missal, but it was in the 8th century Gelasian Sacramentary in a section for evening prayers during Paschaltide.
Deus, per quem nobis et redemptio venit … Continue reading
With small differences our Collect for the 22nd Ordinary Sunday is based on a prayer in the 8th century Gelasian Sacramentary and, subsequently, one in the 1962 Roman Missal for the Sixth Sunday after Pentecost.
Deus virtutum, cuius est totum quod … Continue reading
With a minor variation this week’s Collect was in the ancient Gelasian Sacramentary. It survived the cut to live on in the Novus Ordo Missale Romanum as the Collect on the 27th Sunday of Ordinary Time.
Omnipotens sempiterne Deus, qui abundantia … Continue reading
Let’s look at the Collect for the upcoming 21st Sunday of Ordinary Time:
Deus, qui fidelium mentes unius efficis voluntatis, da populis tuis id amare quod praecipis, id desiderare quod promittis, ut, inter mundanas varietates, ibi nostra fixa sint corda, ubi … Continue reading
This week’s Collect, which historically was in the 8th century Liber sacramentorum Gellonensis, was also the prayer over the people, or Super populum, in the 1962MR for Wednesday of the 4th Week of Lent.
It was not, I believe, in the 1970MR or … Continue reading
This is the Feast of the Transfiguration of Our Lord. Did you know that this feast was made a universal feast for the Western Church by Pope Callixtus III to commemorate the Siege of Belgrade in 1456?
After the Muslims took … Continue reading
Extraordinary Form 8th Sunday after Pentecost HERE
When the priest, alter Christus, says our prayers during Holy Mass, Christ, Head of the Body, speaks. His words have power to form us. As Catholics, formed according to the mind of the Church, … Continue reading