Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Dienekes said Good enough for me.
- AlexanderAerarius said There is an tag. Is it enabled in Blogspot posts?
- Geoffrey said Mocking the Holy Father’s medical condition...
- gramma10 said When I was an early teenager I went to a Catholic...
- gramma10 said To avoid a possible gross lunch, the kids should b...
- gramma10 said Wow! This was amazing! The good old days. Values m...
- gramma10 said Thank you! The music and singing lifted me up. It...
- jhayes said kimberley jean, I don’t think ISIS doubted t...
- Sandy said I love this prayer and have said it since childhoo...
- Fr. Z. says Cardinal Baldisseri ordered 5 Cardinals Book stolen from Vatican Mailboxes | Presentation-R2L.org (Right 2 Life) said […] John Zuhlsdorf reports that Lorenzo Card...
- Elizabeth D said Don’t listen to him, Fr Hunwicke! I am a big...
- Bosco said @Supertradmum, You said: “Bosco, you do not...
- Suburbanbanshee said Since his schedule was changed so far in advance,...
- kimberley jean said jhayes, being able to say the shahada won’t...
- anna 6 said From what I have heard, the Holy Father will inste...
- Andrew Rivera said Given his track record for the Mandatum as the Bis...
- Traductora said Either of you guys would be great! Perhaps my addr...
- Gregg the Obscure said This seems to me to be one of the finest of all po...
- Clinton said I notice that the video only shows them destroying...
- ckdexterhaven said SPICES Simplicity: you mean like calling it ‘...
- Bosco said By the way, it looks like Cardinal Pell wont be th...
- Bosco said Perhaps the god of surprises will preside?
- SKAY said Wonderful idea Father Z.
- SKAY said ckdexterhaven — Exactly what I was thinking....
- Supertradmum said Bosco, you do not understand or have not followed...
- cregduff said Father, If you gain the permission, please put the...
- frjim4321 said Thanks for the valuable post, but … isn̵...
- Gerard Plourde said Despite the fancy language on the menu, as a Quake...
- APX said We have two sets of stations on Friday, one after...
- robtbrown said He has a grandson who is a priest
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
- I am in mourning. It’s the end of an era.
- ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. UPDATES
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- CHICAGO: Chinese Food Edition
- GO TO CONFESSION… in Cleveland! 4 March UPDATE! Not only Cleveland.
- Request to readers: towel rack… yes… you read that right…
- Is there an agenda at work behind Pope Francis’ back?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: WDTPRS
What is going on in today’s ….
Omnipotens sempiterne Deus, dirige actus nostros in beneplacito tuo: ut in nomine dilecti Filii tui mereamur bonis operibus abundare.
This Collect survived the surgeons of Bugnini’s Consilium to live on in the 3rd Sunday of Ordinary Time … Continue reading
Lully, lulla, thou little tiny child,
By by, lully lullay, thou little tiny child,
By by, lully lullay.
O sisters too, How may we do
For to preserve this day
This poor youngling,
For whom we do sing,
By by, lully lullay?
Lully, lulla, thou little tiny child,
By … Continue reading
This coming Sunday in the post-Conciliar, Novus Ordo, Ordinary Form calendar, is the Feast of the Holy Family. In the traditional Roman calendar, Holy Family will be on 11 January.
The place God Incarnate chose to begin manifesting His sacrificial love, … Continue reading
This Sunday’s Collect is also the Post Communion for the Feast of the Annunciation (25 March) in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite (1962MR).
The Annunciation was the moment of the Incarnation of our Lord. Therefore, on that feast and … Continue reading
We are coming to the 3rd Sunday of Advent, also nicknamed Gaudete…. the plural imperative of gaudeo, “Rejoice!”. This Sunday there is a relaxation of the penitential aspect of Advent.
Yes, Advent is a penitential time, though not so much as … Continue reading
Our Collect (once called the “Opening Prayer”) for the 2nd Sunday of Advent was not in the pre-Conciliar Missale Romanum but it was in the so-called Rotulus (“scroll”) of Ravenna, dated perhaps as early as the 5th century.
Omnipotens et … Continue reading
It is possible that we are already back to Advent?
Advent begins a new liturgical year. Each year Holy Church presents the history of our salvation and the mysteries of the life, death, resurrection and the return of the Lord. Each … Continue reading
WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
We approach the last Sunday of the liturgical year.
In the post-Conciliar calendar of the Roman Church this is the Solemnity of Christ the King. In the older calendar, this is celebrated (with a rather different meaning!) at the end of … Continue reading
This week’s Collect is rich. The ancient author was skilled. The translators of the current ICEL version blew it. We will see where they went wrong and then drill into a pair of words leading us back to the 3rd … Continue reading