Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- frjim4321 said Might want to check your definitions: there’s noth...
- OrthodoxChick said BLB Oregon, “It would not be right to wish t...
- Blaise said We had twelve men. But bizzarely one of them was w...
- everett said Perhaps this is a portent of things to come, of fi...
- BLB Oregon said The headline sum it up very well: “Nancy Pel...
- everett said At our small parish in the Diocese of Santa Rosa,...
- James Mary Evans said For the first time in 11 years of our family atten...
- bernadette said Here in the archdiocese of Los Angeles, at Ss. Pet...
- excalibur said Well…… pope Pelosi at work. I had post...
- Father Ignotus said I tried to encode the link in the words “on...
- Charles E Flynn said The is the most profound and scholarly analysis I...
- Father Ignotus said I concelebrated at St James, Spanish Place in Lond...
- AnAmericanMother said Well, I thought this was the Episcopal church with...
- Charles E Flynn said Short Meditations on the Stations of the Cross, by...
- Facta Non Verba said Well done. Thank you Father.
- avatquevale said Meanwhile, in San Francisco… Pelosi plays po...
- LeeF said @suburbanbanshee who said: “As Father Z has...
- boxerpaws1952 said “While I wish they’d just change the rite in...
- HyacinthClare said Mater Misericordiae Mission in Phoenix, FSSP, Extr...
- The Astronomer said Nancy Pelosi, well-known true believing (c)atholic...
- DFWShook said I don’t understand this relentless rebellion...
- Jeannie_C said Prayerful, reverent NO Mass. Priest and Deacon ren...
- Amerikaner said Thank goodness I live within a good diocese. All...
- msmsem said We had a mix of men and women, elderly and young....
- excalibur said Then there was pope Pelosi at work. Egads! http://...
- Dennis Martin said The comments, most but not all of which I have rea...
- my soul waits for you alone said NO Mass at my home parish. Couldn’t make the...
- BLB Oregon said By “everyone being invited”, I meant t...
- Precentrix said I said “only females” because statisti...
- Charlotte Allen said At St. Dominic’s in Southwest Washington we...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: What are they REALLY saying?
I alert you all to something horrible which my friend Damian Thompson discovered.
Everyone should see this Facebook exchange, because it reveals the true attitude of the Left in the catholic Church. My observations follow, below.
Meanwhile, from Damian’s blog (I moved the … Continue reading →
I have just watched the PBS Frontline hit piece “Secrets of the Vatican”.
The objectives of the show are to pin all responsibility for every case of clerical sexual abuse not just on local authorities but on “the Vatican”, to detach … Continue reading →
In English for L’Osservatore Romano (the Vatican’s “daily”), Raymond Card. Burke writes of The Francis Effect:
American Cardinal on the message of this Pontificate The Pope’s radical call to the new evangelization
During a recent visit to the United States, I was … Continue reading →
This morning The First Gay President addressed the National Prayer Breakfast. [UPDATE: Text HERE.]
Two take away lines:
“[T]he killing of innocents is never fulfilling God’s will.”
“[F]reedom of religion matters to our national security.”
To paraphrase Mary McCarthy, but only slightly:
Every word he … Continue reading →
Last night on Bill O’Reilly’s show we were treated to a nutty display by a … and I can’t believe I am about to type this … full professor at Notre Shame. Prof. Candida Moss attacked O’Reilly for not mentioning in his … Continue reading →
In the Big Interview (my first thoughts HERE), Pope Francis spoke on a range of issues, including homosexuality.
The MSM and catholic left and the squishy center is running with Francis’s jump-out quotes (traddies could maybe call them “scare quotes”). If … Continue reading →
Let’s have a look at the translation of Summorum Pontificum 7 on the Vatican website.
A forward: Latin vult is from volo. Volo expresses volition, corresponding to German “wollen” and English “will”. In English it is rendered as “to wish, want, … Continue reading →
In another post today I asked a question about a blasphemous car sticker involving a variation of the abbreviation WWJD, which we all know is supposed to mean “What Would Jesus Do?”
In my experience, WWJD is tossed about by low-information … Continue reading →
Over at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) I saw a self-indulgent piece by the new contributor, Fr. Thomas Reese, SJ. He wrote a longish offering called “Sodom, homosexuality, drone strikes and prayer”.
Here is a sample of Reese’s post (with … Continue reading →