Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- hilltop: There should be a badge that Father Z can wear and also display on his blog banner. A symbol indicating his exclusion from Rosica’s List. Hmmmm, oh, wait! I know: the Sign of the Cross!...
- MrsAnchor: As an aside from this article ..love the photograph depiction. . These days people knowingly CHOOSE the Blue Pill
- Midwest St. Michael: We can trust Fr. Rosica? The same man who told Michael Voris (while covering the first synod on the family a few years ago) that the Church no longer teaches the sin of forni...
- MrsAnchor: Well, the N.O. May find it useful perhaps the EMHCs can find this useful as to not spill Our Lord as so many often do… ..and what about Space travels ?! Haha.. But really anyth...
- Marine Mom: “ O my bags are packed I’ m ready to go…& #8230;. I’m leaving on a jet plane don’t know if I’ll be back again̷ 0;…. Peter, Paul and Mary or John Denver version
- SKAY: Thank you for your list FrAnt. Father Z’s blog is my safe haven when I am looking for truth and sanity. Thank you Father Z.
- iPadre: I believe “end of the world,R 21; no, “end of these times,R 21; yes. At least I hope some of the many prophecies , apparition s, etc… are true. That would mean that...
- semperficatholic: Hahahahaha ! Pathetic!
- jaykay: AtraDicend a: thanks for the Waugh quote – it really encapsulat es the major theme of the whole book. Still, the Flyte family demolish their palatial 18th century London mansi...
- oakdiocesegirl2: I live in Oakland, CA. Today is the fifth day since Paradise (CA) was incinerate d in a few hours and vanished from the face of the earth. A horrible haze has blanketed the Bay...
- jovan66102: Joe in Canada-At least two Bishops of Kansas City, in whose Diocese the offices of the National Catholic Fishwrap are located, have to my knowledged , ordered them to quit using the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: I believe I am still blocked by him.
- John UK: @Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: 12 November 2018 at 7:10 PM Memento, tuum esse hodie: Deum glorificar e, Iesum imitari, beatissima m Virginem et Sanctos venerari, Angelos invocare, animam...
- richiedel: It’s important to keep in mind that this list is coming from the same man who is known for blocking anyone and everyone on Twitter who has views divergent from his own, even when...
- scotus: Given that Thomas Rosica is, according to Wikipedia, “English language media attaché of the Holy See Press Office”, is Thomas Rosica issuing this list to all English-sp eaking countries? If...
- ChrisP: Satan always let’ s you know what he’s up to! And yes, I think Rosica is almost perfectly possessed.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you to the reader for his first impression s. A helpful book is “Not hing Superfluou s” by Fr. James Jackson. It is a guide to the Extraordin ary Form, and also...
- Luminis: Is this a joke?? Does any faithful Catholic trust The National Catholic Reporter?? How could you not trust the Register?? I cant stop shaking my head over this. The Reporter needs to be...
- Thorfinn: It can be hard to catch people after any Mass, but particular ly Latin Mass. Some families stay after to pray like it’s going out of style. (Or maybe you do and by the time you...
- chantgirl: Dismas- Agreed about seminary prep. Before going to seminary, our young men need the religious version of SERE training! In all honesty, I don’ t think that our culture is all that...
- JabbaPapa: To suggest that these but not those should be hearkened to, the necessity of not listening to outright heretics withstandi ng of course, is pretty much the nature of anti-Catho licism as...
- LarryW2LJ: Holy Fishwrap!
- hwriggles4: I did see EWTN Nightly News last night. Three observatio ns: 1. Cardinal DiNardo seemed that he wanted to proceed with the planned agenda (same with several others – one bishop...
- WmHesch: The real goal of this talk of “approved websites” is SEO/ link building. It will NOT function as an imprimatur . For example, let’s say a story breaks that’s covered by everyone (e.g....
- hwriggles4: Honestly, I think my Protestant brothers and sisters would find this symbol to be ludicrous.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
- Fr. Z muses: repression of Catholic speech and what we can do about it.
- Did an alien vessel just pass by? The mystery of Oumuamua.
- My While For Awhile: Election Day Edition
- JUST TOO COOL! Move to rename Hubble’s Law… for a priest
- Contrasts of projected visions of the Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: What are they REALLY saying?
Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
Francis made a pastoral visit to Palermo. One of the events celebrated is the 25th anniversary of the death of Fr. Pino Puglisi, a venerated local figure. He challenged the Mafia. They killed him.
BTW… the infamous Stonewall Inn in NYC … Continue reading →
After the years and years of Agony in Albany, things are looking up. There is a great bishop there now and, I hear, many improvements.
However, just as Rome was not built in a day, nor destroyed in a day, neither … Continue reading →
The Devil always tells us openly what he is up to. Italians are really good at this sort of pithy wisdom. Like…
Il diavolo non può nascondere la coda.
The Devil can’t hide his tail.
I wonder how obtuse are the people … Continue reading →
TIMING is everything.
Right now the US Association of Consecrated Virgins is in their annual meeting.
THAT’s when this happens?
Some time ago, Holy Church decided to revive a state in life, a vocation, that was once identified and lived in the early … Continue reading →
This is one of the worst examples I’ve seen of selective reporting, in order to change the narrative (aka “fake news”), since the head of Vatican communications chopped up Benedict XVI’s letter about the series of booklets he received.
Long-time Reuters … Continue reading →
You all know about the “Gay-la” at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. Each year, the Met has some big “fashion” exhibit. This year, some folks in the Church were either duped or were consciously complicit in producing a … Continue reading →
I’ve been working my way through the very long Apostolic Exhortation Gaudete et exsultate. It’s a whopping 20K words.
A point that people have been asking me about, and which libs will surely throw in the teeth of anyone who wants a traditional … Continue reading →
Last week I attended an event at Jesuit-run Fordham University (hereafter F.U.), billed as a debate between Ross Douthat of the NYT (aka Hell’s Bible) and uber-lib Massimo “Beans” Faggioli of Augustinian-run Villanova (a committed “New catholic Red Guard”), about … Continue reading →
What sort of person is this Ploumen, to whom the papal honor was given? Ed Pentin has more extensive information. HERE
Ploumen’s work in support of abortion has been monstrous: In protest at President Trump’s reinstatement of the Mexico City Policy … Continue reading →
Yesterday I posted about bad art, which is also in some cases blasphemous. HERE
Today I post again about bad art.
I don’t really care that much this time, since it concerns the official presidential portrait of the 44th POTUS, the 1st … Continue reading →
As a follow up to the nearby post about Latin, and to what Fr. Hunwicke wrote about the oath that bishops have to take – in Latin – when they receive a mandate from the Holy See, here is that … Continue reading →
Do you remember that, no too long ago, some wags in Rome clandestinely slapped up some posters “manifesti” on the walls of Rome addressing themselves – in the Roman way – to Pope Francis? The posters were hurriedly removed.
Now … Continue reading →
On this 500th anniversary of the legendary nailing up of theses by Martin Luther, that spark the revolt that tore Christendom apart, and on this anniversary of the signing of the Joint
Today we will hear Avery Card. Dulles 1999 essay … Continue reading →
Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) has a post about a conference about Amoris Laetitia held at Jesuit-run Boston College. The report has an aggressively tendentious title: Conference weighs how ‘Amoris Laetitia’ rejects ‘infantilization of laity’
First, consider some of the speakers: Cardinal Blase … Continue reading →
There was an article in, of all places, Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times) about the influence of the traditional Roman Rite in Africa.
This article prompted a spittle-flecked nutty from the usual suspects, such as Beans and Ruff. Beans tweeted … Continue reading →