Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- jacobi said The sign of peace handshake is a post-Vat II attem...
- pjsandstrom said It is worth remembering that the context that Matt...
- Magash said The Sign of Peace really doesn’t bother me a...
- Tony from Oz said CharlesG et al., I suppose I’m not all that...
- JesusFreak84 said And this is why I stick to the TLM or the Divine L...
- JBS said Why is the missal in the center of the altar?
- MAJ Tony said @kbf: I suppose you meant “Camerlengo”...
- MAJ Tony said Dad once told me that there was some degree of con...
- HyacinthClare said One of the many, many issues we don’t even h...
- robtbrown said Rachel K says: I just looked at the maps linked by...
- sacerdos1997 said I dread the sign of peace. When I assumed my new...
- It Makes Me Sick When People Clap In Church. Here’s Why! | Chastisement 2013 said [...] John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in...
- Magash said Two comments in answer to two different posters. 1...
- CharlesG said ” the rite of peace flows naturally from the...
- Vecchio di Londra said My only hope is that some day a senior epidemiolog...
- anilwang said It’s pretty dignified at the parishes I̵...
- StarOfTheSea47 said Honestly, I find it a little disconcerting to read...
- Spade said A few of us recently restarted the Young Adults gr...
- polycarped said @ Tony from Oz “As for the Neo-cathechumenat...
- Reconverted Idiot said @Giuseppe – hmm, I doubt the population thin...
- Reconverted Idiot said You lot! I never had a problem with it, being rais...
- Sieber said I believe that I see Cardinal Spellman of New York...
- kbf said Actually, looking at the video again, I think that...
- Bea said The sign of peace is inconsistent with its’...
- kbf said A Chapter of Canons is a normal feature of cathedr...
- ocleirbj said Re: the “song of peace”, our Filipino...
- Elizabeth D said sorry, ” extended my hand and asked my name&...
- Elizabeth D said A couple of years ago I attended a Mass celebrated...
- CharlesG said “As for the Neo-cathechumenate already order...
- CharlesG said In line with Recommendation 2 of the CDWDS, I woul...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- VIDEO 1950 – Pontifical Mass in Westminster Cathedral
- Cong. for Worship considers (’bout time) more dignified “Sign of Peace”. POLL
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- 31 July: St. Ignatius of Loyola – Of the Church Militant and book shredding
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: What are they REALLY saying?
You probably know that, during the prayer for peace event in the garden’s behind St. Peter’s basilica, held by Pope Francis with the leaders of Israel, Palestinians and also the Ecumenical Patriarch, one of the invited guests, an Imam, reportedly prayed … Continue reading →
You have by now seen articles or stories about the deposition of Archbishop Carlson (St. Louis) concerning the time when he was in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and his knowledge of cases of sexual abuse of minors … Continue reading →
This is interesting. From Allen B. West:
Clare Lopez is a former CIA operations officer, a strategic policy and intelligence expert with a focus on Middle East, national defense, WMD, and counterterrorism issues, and a friend of mine.
She emailed me this … Continue reading →
I alert you all to something horrible which my friend Damian Thompson discovered.
Everyone should see this Facebook exchange, because it reveals the true attitude of the Left in the catholic Church. My observations follow, below.
Meanwhile, from Damian’s blog (I moved the … Continue reading →
I have just watched the PBS Frontline hit piece “Secrets of the Vatican”.
The objectives of the show are to pin all responsibility for every case of clerical sexual abuse not just on local authorities but on “the Vatican”, to detach … Continue reading →
In English for L’Osservatore Romano (the Vatican’s “daily”), Raymond Card. Burke writes of The Francis Effect:
American Cardinal on the message of this Pontificate The Pope’s radical call to the new evangelization
During a recent visit to the United States, I was … Continue reading →
This morning The First Gay President addressed the National Prayer Breakfast. [UPDATE: Text HERE.]
Two take away lines:
“[T]he killing of innocents is never fulfilling God’s will.”
“[F]reedom of religion matters to our national security.”
To paraphrase Mary McCarthy, but only slightly:
Every word he … Continue reading →
Last night on Bill O’Reilly’s show we were treated to a nutty display by a … and I can’t believe I am about to type this … full professor at Notre Shame. Prof. Candida Moss attacked O’Reilly for not mentioning in his … Continue reading →
In the Big Interview (my first thoughts HERE), Pope Francis spoke on a range of issues, including homosexuality.
The MSM and catholic left and the squishy center is running with Francis’s jump-out quotes (traddies could maybe call them “scare quotes”). If … Continue reading →