- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- wanda said Polite but stern email sent.
- JPK said What should concern every Catholic about Obergefel...
- DonL said Rebuilding God’s Church, one ordination at a...
- The Masked Chicken said “God’s a person, well, God is three Persons,...
- Sonshine135 said Dear Milwaukee Art Museum, Please reconsider the d...
- Knittingfoole said Alanmac, you hit the nail on the head.
- Alanmac said I wrote the MAM and told them they use soft target...
- wiseskier said Father Z, perhaps try Google Analytics? It’s...
- MarkJ said Sent an email. I encourage every reader to do the...
- JesusFreak84 said Father didn’t mention the SCOTUS decision di...
- Dienekes said Forget to mention–that collection has now be...
- Dienekes said Not sure if the art museum is connected with the r...
- catholiccomelately said Polite letter sent, Father.
- A.D. said Should be what “if” in 2nd paragraph.
- A.D. said Email sent to MAM, Dear Milwaukee Art Museum, I as...
- Spade said “He alienated more than a few people and I c...
- FL_Catholic said Imrahil makes some interesting points. It is true...
- Mike said Much evidence exists to refute the “biologic...
- acardnal said Based upon the photo, it appears Fr. John Blewett...
- midwestmom said My priest said nothing about the SCOTUS ruling nor...
- Bryan D. Boyle said “If you are not taking flak, you are not ove...
- Sonshine135 said We had a great view of the heavens last night. It...
- CradleRevert said Fr. Gernetzke, while a transitional deacon, regula...
- Daniel W said Ed Peters complains about Scalia’s statement...
- Father Bartoloma said The Tait!
- Kypapist said God bless Cardinal Burke. In July he will be at t...
- Elizabeth D said This Mass was so beautiful. Really, really beautif...
- acardnal said Michael H. Also, I see there is a book coming out...
- benedetta said I think a lot of people, like me, were disconnecte...
- acardnal said Michael H, Try “Defending Marriage: 12 Argum...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
- It’s time to kneel down and pray for our nation
- Wherein Fr. Blake hits a century
- The Church in Madison is alive! VIDEO
- ASK FATHER: Our Episcopal priest recently became a nun….
- ASK FATHER: Petrine Privilege or usual “annulment” procedure? Help!
- Ed Peters on Pope Francis’ remarks about “separation” of spouses
- POLL: SCOTUS upheld ObamaCare subsidies in states
- ASK FATHER: I work on Sunday. Can I go to Mass on another day?
- Interesting job opportunity with Benedictines of Norcia
- One White House reaction to Laudato si’
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: What are they REALLY saying?
Robert Mickens, now of the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter aka National Schismatic Reporter) and famous for his Facebook chat about wishing death on Pope Emeritus Benedict (which got him fired from The Tablet), has a piece today about choosing bishops in a new … Continue reading →
There is a good piece today at CNA by the always-engaging Andrea Gagliarducci about Wilfrid Fox Card. Napier of Durban, who is rapidly climbing on my favorite list.
Kasper is not the ‘Pope’s theologian,’ says leading African cardinal
Vatican City, Apr 9, … Continue reading →
Over at the Fishwrap, our dear old friend Phyllis Zagano has a fantastic piece this week. It’s a classic!
First, let me say – as I have said before – that Phyllis is solidly pro-life. She is firmly against abortion and for … Continue reading →
Both Michael Sean Winters of the Fishwrap and David Gibson of RNS posted intellectually dishonest hit pieces against Card. Burke. They purposely misread what Card. Burke said in order to put him in the worst light they could. At least … Continue reading →
My good friend Fr. Gerald Murray has some observations and questions concerning remarks made by Most Reverend John A. Dew, the Archbishop of Wellington in New Zealand who is slated to become a Cardinal in the next consistory. People are … Continue reading →
Here is a note from Jonah Goldberg.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t see any value in having this hideous thing in a church.
This rubbish is now hanging in the Jesuitenkirche (Jesuit Church) of Vienna.
Corriere della Sera has the sad story.
Need an explanation? I’ll … Continue reading →
Now that the 2014 Extraordinary Synod of Bishops has been over for a while, we have to start asking some questions about the synodal documents that emerged during the meeting, namely the midpoint report, or Relatio post disceptationem, and the … Continue reading →
At Breitbart there is a new interview piece by Edward Pentin with His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke. As you will recall, during the Synod, Pentin was the one who outed Card. Kasper’s attitude toward the African Church. That was a … Continue reading →
Over at Crux (and my jury is still out… sort of… well… maybe not so much), John Allen posted something about how it seems that, under Pope Francis, conservatives and traditionalists are under fire.
Does Pope Francis have an enemies list?
In … Continue reading →