- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- iPadre said That’s California for ya! Maybe their next l...
- phlogiston said Anyone who is suprised by this didn’t pay at...
- Mike said This latest depreciation of spoken English isnR...
- Heather F said ” [Innovations… hmmm… I believe that linguis...
- PA mom said Dod you figure it is because he criticized the Pop...
- frjim4321 said Wish they fad some clips. I’m not sure what...
- adeacon said Regarding formation of P. Deacons, in my Archdioce...
- JonPatrick said The theme for the first part of Fr. Parent’s...
- Paul said Prior to the first reading the priest stood up and...
- Jack007 said Bryan, I fear that you misunderstood the intent of...
- incredulous said As men flee colleges, church, families and all oth...
- Zephyrinus1 said Dear Fr Z. May I suggest that the 101st Airborne w...
- Midwest St. Michael said Late to the discussion, but maybe the priest who w...
- george said I listened, Father. Thank you very much.
- Sonshine135 said I encountered “uptalk” when I started...
- pelerin said I did not know that the rising inflection had reac...
- James C said AS IF I needed another reason to keep out of Mahon...
- Jim of Bowie said Listened. Thank you.
- Rachel K said Always sounds like the speaker is asking a questi...
- Hank Igitur said “Upspeak” indicates a request for appr...
- bernadettem said Every Ordinariate priest I know wears a cassock wh...
- JacobWall said We are all language chameleons. By nature, langua...
- Alex S. said The size of their sample group was twenty three pe...
- The Sicilian Woman said I upchuck at the thought of uptalk.
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan, I will believe those days have gone by when...
- av8er said Our pastor has a “style” to deliver a...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, I know the Archbishop of whom y...
- av8er said The new priest assigned to the base chapel where I...
- majuscule said This is, like, something I’ve been aware of...
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan The married priesthood has nothing to do wit...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: What are they REALLY saying?
Last night on Bill O’Reilly’s show we were treated to a nutty display by a … and I can’t believe I am about to type this … full professor at Notre Shame. Prof. Candida Moss attacked O’Reilly for not mentioning in his … Continue reading →
In the Big Interview (my first thoughts HERE), Pope Francis spoke on a range of issues, including homosexuality.
The MSM and catholic left and the squishy center is running with Francis’s jump-out quotes (traddies could maybe call them “scare quotes”). If … Continue reading →
Let’s have a look at the translation of Summorum Pontificum 7 on the Vatican website.
A forward: Latin vult is from volo. Volo expresses volition, corresponding to German “wollen” and English “will”. In English it is rendered as “to wish, want, … Continue reading →
In another post today I asked a question about a blasphemous car sticker involving a variation of the abbreviation WWJD, which we all know is supposed to mean “What Would Jesus Do?”
In my experience, WWJD is tossed about by low-information … Continue reading →
Over at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) I saw a self-indulgent piece by the new contributor, Fr. Thomas Reese, SJ. He wrote a longish offering called “Sodom, homosexuality, drone strikes and prayer”.
Here is a sample of Reese’s post (with … Continue reading →
Card. Braz de Aviz moves on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate, curtails use of Usus Antiquior. Fr. Z rants, offers tough love.
It has been a tough week, friends.
Now there is news which will make a lot of the traditionally inclined go bonkers. My email is filling up with panicky bile.
Before any of you readers have a spittle-flecked nutty, in a spittle-flecked … Continue reading →
I don’t like the UN. They push an evil agenda and they are an accomplice also for the Obama Administration’s evil agenda.
The UN is also now on my bullies list.
From IOL though it seems to be from always Catholic-friendly Reuters:
GENEVA … Continue reading →
Pope Benedict/Francis’ new encyclical, Lumen fidei (download PDF HERE), has some rich paragraphs.
One in particular rang a deep bell for me.
I think Benedict wove in an argument in favor of a particular style of liturgical worship. See what you think. … Continue reading →
Another example of what this man wants: total isolation of any religious values in the private sphere alone. Pres. Obama is working either to intimidate or legislate or even TAX religious freedom out of the public square.
From the Scottish Catholic … Continue reading →
Something curious is happening at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap).
Our pal Michael Sean Winters wrote about the Holy See’s hostile takeover of the LCWR in light of the keynote address to the LCWR given by Sr. Laurie Brinks. Sr. Laurie, … Continue reading →