When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Priam1184 said The ‘age of tolerance’ was a fraud, a...
- Austin Catholics said Just an aside, gay activists are not generally fan...
- Mary Martha DM said Thank you, Father Z , for this inspiration for Hol...
- The Masked Chicken said I was just on campus, today, and there was a ̶...
- Venerator Sti Lot said It is lovely to think that as Nature incites the l...
- Mariana2 said My kind of recipes! With just about the right amou...
- Supertradmum said Where can one get bovine salts, part of this recip...
- Suzanne Carl said In times of great distress, my loving Pastor has p...
- Venerator Sti Lot said mysticalrose and I think alike! – but the po...
- Henry Edwards said JBS: “Is it better to have a layman like thi...
- mysticalrose said I wonder if the garlic was roasted? In which case,...
- Elizabeth D said I think you are probably right, iPadre.
- iPadre said I am of the opinion that the blessing of a priest...
- St Donatus said Tell me Father, will liberals go to heaven? I am s...
- Lili of the fields said I agree with many here: it’s better to be pr...
- mariadevotee said I only made it to 1 minute and 40 sec. then had to...
- Mariana2 said Skeinster, art thou on Ravelrie? Ich koude worke o...
- HyacinthClare said According to Herbs 2000, “rue” has an...
- Giuseppe said I love Father Z’s saint references, as I ne...
- Skeinster said If nothing else intervenes, I will knit up the Wif...
- Imrahil said Well, “there may be an introduction” a...
- The Masked Chicken said I can see it, now…robo-priests – a rad...
- St Donatus said At our parish, we have confession before and durin...
- Elizabeth D said So EWTN priests aren’t really blessing you?
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said That instruction must be the justification for pr...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said As Catholics slide further and further toward pers...
- Boniface said NB: the pope also gives blessings by letter, or by...
- little women said This is so interesting. I know a priest on the ot...
- MGL said Our bishop prefers to insert a mini-homily between...
- jaykay said It was a High Mass (EF) and the Priest first read...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Tolerance is over
- Foot washing on Holy Thursday. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Spem in allium
- Whan That Aprille Day 2015
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday of Holy Week – UPDATED
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s blessings by telephone
- ASK FATHER: Mini homilies at the beginning of Mass
- ASK FATHER: Communion twice on Good Friday?
- Just Too Cool: Time Lapse video of decorating a church for Easter
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “among so many adversities”
- ASK FATHER: Confessor interrupted and I didn’t get to confess everything
- Lying about Card. Burke
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday of Holy Week
- ASK FATHER: Abstinence from meat difficult when living in parents’ home
- “Pause” for a moment to see Michael Voris’ new project
- Religion of Peace in Nigeria – now beheading with chainsaws
- ASK FATHER: “Mass” with no Collect, readings, etc., but lots of made up stuff
- ASK FATHER: Son married in another church without a dispensation
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday, 2nd Passion Sunday
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Women Religious
Even though the culture wars are over and a new morning has dawned, I want you all to click HERE and read carefully a piece at the National Catholic Register by Anne Carey about the “Nuns on the Bus”.
The Nuns … Continue reading
Some of you alert readers have sent me links to an article in TIME about the Vatican and the LCWR nuns. Vatican bad, nuns good.
For example, they think this one is pretty spiffy:
For more than four decades Sister Jeannine Gramick … Continue reading
Ann Carey, author of the thoughtful and balanced Sisters in Crisis Revisited: From Unraveling to Reform and Renewal, masterfully dissected the astonishingly myopic and self-centered speech given at the recent LCWR meeting by Sr. Nancy Shreck. I urge you to … Continue reading
Over at Sancte Pater I found what must have been the next frame, or photo, shot after the one I posted HERE.
You might remember the photo. The new prez, or co-mentor, or whatever she is called, between two women with … Continue reading
“But Father! But Father!”, people have been asking me by email, “Why haven’t you been covering the antics of the LCWR? Did you not see that they are defying the bishops? The Vatican?”
Look, they are still meeting to figure out … Continue reading
Back in 1993 Mother Angelica blew up when, at World Youth Day (10-15 August), there was a mimed Stations of the Cross during which a woman portrayed Christ. Someone gave me a recording of her reaction.
She called out the dissident nomenklatura … Continue reading
I saw this at the Pew Research Center:
U.S. nuns face shrinking numbers and tensions with the Vatican
The Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), which includes representation from more than 80% of American nuns, [The key is “from”. The LCWR is … Continue reading
Even after last year’s bitter experience being rejected by the LCWR, I – eternal optimist that I am – once again applied for media credentials for their annual assembly.
The LCWR sisters will assemble in Nashville from 12-15 August.
Yes, I sent … Continue reading
ORIGINALLY POSTED 15 May 2014
You helped the chaplain and the soldiers in Afghanistan with socks.
Now, help some nuns… the other warriors.
You know them, I’m sure: the Dominican Sisters in Summit, NJ. These are the legendary “soap sisters” of Seignadou Soaps. … Continue reading