Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- jameeka said Why is “mens” sometimes translated as...
- Marc said Father Z, I had the pleasure of hearing this talk...
- wmeyer said The south is, of course, where some people eat gri...
- benedetta said Of course, excommunicated wymyn priests and those...
- acardnal said No snow on the ground. How abnormal for you.
- ASPM Sem said PeterK: It was at one time the cathedral for the D...
- ASPM Sem said If you have the chance, visit the Cathedral Basili...
- semperficatholic said Eat a Natchitoches meat pie while there! They are...
- Sofia Guerra said Have been able to access podcasts easily. Using sh...
- Legisperitus said But do you have to eat muskrat by candlelight?
- Propaganda v Journalism in PBS Catholic abuse reporting said [...] it of rehashing old stories and telling only...
- incredulous said Perhaps we can host Father Zuhlsdorf in an alligat...
- Kerry said If one hasn’t tried grits, at first, ask to...
- incredulous said mrshopey, he’s even convinced himself that g...
- incredulous said It’s just politics… spin… counte...
- mrshopey said Welcome to the South, Father. May you be greeted...
- incredulous said Thank you Father. Thank you for the reminder that...
- Sonshine135 said When I see churches like this (reminds me of San F...
- Facta Non Verba said Nice! Thank you Father.
- knute said !! My dad and I used to sell plants there, and we&...
- Per Signum Crucis said Chon, Thanks for the insight. I’m also sta...
- smmclaug said “How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet t...
- Incaelo said And Natchitoches’ last bishop (and Alexandri...
- Elizium23 said Gargh! I goofed up. This titular see is similarly...
- Elizium23 said That happens to be the Titular See of my beloved A...
- NBW said Beautiful pictures Father. I like the sunset it...
- Chon said New Sister, The people at St. Patrick’s used...
- SKAY said Welcome to Louisiana Father!!! How lucky they are...
- PeterK said Fr. Z could you expand upon this statement? “...
- OurLadyandSheen said Archbishop Marino, Nuncio to Malaysia.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WDTPRS Wednesday 1st Week of Lent: getting tenderized
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Category Archives: Year of Faith
First, GO TO CONFESSION! Why? Because of mortal sin and the results of mortal sin.
Don’t believe people can commit mortal sin? That it is really hard to commit an actual mortal sin?
Over at the blog of my friend the great … Continue reading
Bp. Vasa (D. Santa Rosa) under fire for requiring Catholic school teachers to live according to the Faith
The Santa Rosa Press Democrat has an interseting story about an initiative in the local Diocese of Santa Rosa where Most Rev. Robert Vasa is bishop.
It occurred to me as I read this that people who make a push for … Continue reading
I picked this up from Let Nothing You Dismay:
“If heretics no longer horrify us today, as they once did our forefathers, is it certain that it is because there is more charity in our hearts? Or would it not too … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, gave a super sermon to converts who will enter the Church at Easter. It was for the Rite of Election on the First Sunday of Lent.
Here is a phrase that … Continue reading
Today during his annual meeting with the clergy of the Diocese of Rome, of which Benedict is still the Bishop, the Holy Father spoke about the Second Vatican Council. Not my translation, but my emphases and comments:
[T]here was the Council … Continue reading
There is going to be a men’s retreat at the pastoral center (“chancery” on my planet) of the Diocese of Madison. Click HERE.
Some details from the site…
Fortes in Fide
Men’s Lenten Retreat
February 22-23, 2013
Bishop O’Connor Pastoral Center, Madison Wisconsin
Featuring Fr. … Continue reading
Have you ever heard of “Santa Muerte”?
This is a perversion of things Christian which is on the rise in certain sub-cultures, especially criminal.
There is an article at the site of the FBI “Santa Muerte: Inspired and Ritualistic Killings (Part 1 … Continue reading
From Vatican Insider comes this.
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Mgr. Gerhard Ludwig Müller, has launched a biting attack of [on?] the mood toward the Catholic Church in the U.S. and Europe, comparing it to … Continue reading
I am saddened by the following story, which I found on Vatican Insider in Italian from Andrea Tornielli:
“Lefevbrites are suspended a divinis, they cannot celebrate in Catholic churches”
His is a striking and suggestive position: the Bishop of Diocese of Lausanne, … Continue reading