Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Reconverted Idiot said If the girl is from a protestant sect the easiest...
- Reconverted Idiot said Yup, as Mundabor recently opined regarding ISIS su...
- JonPatrick said Fr. Jim, I guess if you feel communion on the tong...
- Volanges said In the last 40 years I’ve heard a priest exp...
- Reconverted Idiot said Middle-space (n): neither hot space nor cold space...
- robtbrown said Stephen C, Many people think that Paul VI’...
- Cosmos said I’d be very surprised if that is how Pope Fr...
- Benjamin said Re @Scott W.: it would be Conducat sanitati!...
- Grateful to be Catholic said If the satanist returned an unconsecrated host, wh...
- Phil_NL said I think Damian Thompson did put several very apt p...
- vetusta ecclesia said National Episcopal Conferences are a bane. The gre...
- VexillaRegis said Hmm. I think they gave up too easily. Something is...
- Martlet said When you have Catholic priests who are members of...
- jacobi said In the post-Vatican period there has been a collap...
- VexillaRegis said TNCath is right. Pupils can be a real nuissance an...
- Traductora said This was a very nice thing to read. I think the P...
- Chon said Lori Pieper, since Satan is the father of lies, wh...
- Moro said A round of thanks and applause is more than deserv...
- Chon said xgenerationcatholic: No!!!! The sisters would neve...
- Lori Pieper said Hmm. The WSJ article quotes Daniels as saying: ...
- Mojoron said The article is very chunky. Meaning, there is too...
- SaintJude6 said Fr. Jim, Consider my whole family anachronistic....
- Lori Pieper said Faith: not only Spanish, but judging by his talk t...
- Geoffrey said The Holy Father making a phone call like this brin...
- stephen c said Damien T. is a good writer, I fondly remember a re...
- Netmilsmom said I may not be the biggest fan of Pope Francis, but...
- TNCath said Ben Kenobi: When a student ( or a chorus of stude...
- TNCath said Ben Kenobi: When a student ( or a chorus of stude...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I like this Pope. Sadly, there are still at least...
- Robbie said I read this article early this morning and I guess...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Year of Faith
First, GO TO CONFESSION! Why? Because of mortal sin and the results of mortal sin.
Don’t believe people can commit mortal sin? That it is really hard to commit an actual mortal sin?
Over at the blog of my friend the great … Continue reading
Bp. Vasa (D. Santa Rosa) under fire for requiring Catholic school teachers to live according to the Faith
The Santa Rosa Press Democrat has an interseting story about an initiative in the local Diocese of Santa Rosa where Most Rev. Robert Vasa is bishop.
It occurred to me as I read this that people who make a push for … Continue reading
I picked this up from Let Nothing You Dismay:
“If heretics no longer horrify us today, as they once did our forefathers, is it certain that it is because there is more charity in our hearts? Or would it not too … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, gave a super sermon to converts who will enter the Church at Easter. It was for the Rite of Election on the First Sunday of Lent.
Here is a phrase that … Continue reading
Today during his annual meeting with the clergy of the Diocese of Rome, of which Benedict is still the Bishop, the Holy Father spoke about the Second Vatican Council. Not my translation, but my emphases and comments:
[T]here was the Council … Continue reading
There is going to be a men’s retreat at the pastoral center (“chancery” on my planet) of the Diocese of Madison. Click HERE.
Some details from the site…
Fortes in Fide
Men’s Lenten Retreat
February 22-23, 2013
Bishop O’Connor Pastoral Center, Madison Wisconsin
Featuring Fr. … Continue reading
Have you ever heard of “Santa Muerte”?
This is a perversion of things Christian which is on the rise in certain sub-cultures, especially criminal.
There is an article at the site of the FBI “Santa Muerte: Inspired and Ritualistic Killings (Part 1 … Continue reading
From Vatican Insider comes this.
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Mgr. Gerhard Ludwig Müller, has launched a biting attack of [on?] the mood toward the Catholic Church in the U.S. and Europe, comparing it to … Continue reading
I am saddened by the following story, which I found on Vatican Insider in Italian from Andrea Tornielli:
“Lefevbrites are suspended a divinis, they cannot celebrate in Catholic churches”
His is a striking and suggestive position: the Bishop of Diocese of Lausanne, … Continue reading