When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- JoAnna said Since the Church teaches that civil divorce may so...
- DcnJohnSaturus said It’s the 750th anniversary of Dante’s...
- grn724 said I keep it simple. I am “in” Mass to gi...
- Peregrinator said Even separation is a sin if there isn’t a se...
- Gerard Plourde said Fr. Z’s cautious approach is well warranted....
- Kathleen10 said The idea of you all having a congenial and fun eve...
- Heather F said “Given the excellent statement of adoration...
- kimberley jean said Kerry, you might have just been too loud.
- Siculum said Guess that’s what I get for reading about Fr...
- Siculum said OK, so this is weird, but here goes: Last night I...
- arga said Given the excellent statement of adoration by our...
- frjim4321 said Former Altar Boy says: cigars after dessert? There...
- Deacon Jay said Father Z, Many thanks for the music. Mozart had to...
- Amateur Scholastic said It’s not just priests — see this disgr...
- benedetta said Wonderful post! I always enjoy seeing your photos...
- ray from mn said Do sopranos want us to leer at their bosoms, or li...
- Kerry said At the FSSP website are videos for the training of...
- Legisperitus said I really enjoyed Sayers & Reynolds, especially...
- Toan said I imagine the priest shouldn’t object to mee...
- Mariana2 said What would spaghetti alla papabile be : ) ?
- JonPatrick said I can also recommend the Mark Musa translation whi...
- Latin Mass Type said I am joyful at the thought of all that priestly fe...
- drohan said Good Advice Fr. Fox. Of course if they are having...
- Dafyd said Dr Tighe, That helps clarify a lot of the historic...
- Penelope said Glennonite, I have experienced a crisis similar to...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Priam1184 says: induction set up Yes! You win a...
- jflare said For a different job, one that allows for me to att...
- Elizabeth D said God has all the power in His hands. “When I...
- Fr Martin Fox said We don’t know the question the priest was as...
- Sliwka said While I agree that the Mass is primarily for adora...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Is divorce a sin? Should I confront priest who said it isn’t?
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Supper For The Promotion of Clericalism
- ASK FATHER: “We don’t go to Mass to adore Jesus…”?
- ASK FATHER: Is saying “God bless you!” a blessing?
- 4 May: St. Monnica!
- Pope Francis did two really cool things
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! US CLERGY! Sign letter urging Synod to uphold Catholic teaching on marriage and family!
- WDTPRS Secret and Prayer over Offerings – the SAME in both Novus Ordo and TLM!
- WDTPRS: 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR) – “values”, and the smoke of Satan
- Krauthammer on “Wolf Hall”
- ASK FATHER: Commentator during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Eastern Catholic Priest or Deacon as Deacon for Traditional Latin Mass?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – Annuntio vobis gaudium!
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- ASK FATHER: Can non-Catholics go to confession?
- ASK FATHER: Sanation of Protestant marriage without dispensation
- New SF Blog: One Mad Mom
- ASK FATHER: Three questions from a sinner who wants to come home.
- ASK FATHER: Baptized Greek Orthodox but left
- ASK FATHER: Can lectors still bless bread?
- CNS: Feminist Steinem Touts Abortion, Ridicules Church at St. Norbert College (D. Green Bay)
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío! & ASK FATHER: Date of Easter in Holy Land
- Swiss Guard Armor Project – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: “Getting rid” of Hosts
- ASK FATHER: Maniple and zucchetto in the Novus Ordo
- ASK FATHER: Valid marriage in hospital room?
- San Francisco MASS Mob Results
- IDAHO: City ordinance says pastors must “marry” homosexuals or go to jail
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Year of Faith
I am in Pine Bluff, WI, in the Diocese of Madison, to help on the First Friday, with an outstanding men’s group started by the parish priest, Fr Heilman.
For the Knights of Divine Mercy tonight we began with Holy Mass … Continue reading
From the onset, Fr. Z Kudos to His Excellency Most Rev. Bp. Thomas Olmsted of Phoenix for his new Pastoral Letter on CONFESSIONS!
The letter is called “Apostles of Mercy” and it is directed to the Priests of the Diocese of … Continue reading
“Finn was too kind to them.”
That is Prof. Ed Peters, canonist over at his fine blog, In The Light Of The Law.
Peters has written about the Bp. Robert Finn’s column about the National catholic Fishwrap… Reporter. Bp. Finn, bishop of … Continue reading
The National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) conspired with others who are openly hostile to the Catholic Church to intimidate His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn into silence.
The fact is, the NCR is not a “Catholic” paper or news source. That … Continue reading
Vatican Insider has something today about some Lutherans who are getting nervous about the Holy Father establishing an Ordinariate for Lutherans, along the lines of that which he established for Anglicans.
“A Lutheran ordinariate? That’s a bad sign”
An ordinariate for Lutherans … Continue reading
I was informed that recently His Eminence Daniel Card. DiNardo of Galveston-Houston delivered the annual Carl J. Peter Lecture at the Pontifical North American College. His topic: “Preaching With The Fathers Of The Church”.
This, of course, is of great interest … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate picked up something from Riposte Catholique (in French). Apparently, the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” sent a letter to the General House of the SSPX in Menzingen, Switzerland. The letter is signed by the PCED’s Vice-President Archbishop Augustine DiNoia, OP.
A … Continue reading
Deacon Greg Kandra has had a bit of a conversion about altar rails. Here is a taste.
Okay. I’ve changed my mind. It’s time to bring back the altar rail.
Hey, I’m as surprised as anyone else that I feel this way.
Two … Continue reading
Jesus did not found your parish.
Our Lord personally founded the Catholic Church and promised that she would prevail against the forces of Hell. He did not promise that the Enemy would not prevail where you live. He made no promises … Continue reading