Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- FrankWalshingham said The war crimes of Lincoln and his Union generals a...
- JonPatrick said I wonder, if someone has a concealed carry permit...
- HeatherPA said Since it is done in the name of green, solar power...
- pmullane said You’d need a heart of stone not to laugh. Ho...
- Andreas said It’s fascinating to learn that such strong p...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Stephen Matthew said STATES RIGHTS! Really? Like the right South Caroli...
- Supertradmum said (X)MCCLXIII, There are two things you are confusin...
- SaintJude6 said Sorry, count me among the southerners who is NOT a...
- moconnor said Let’s remember the original post. This is Li...
- andia said Kerry, the smallpox thing is historical fact, unfo...
- ChesterFrank said if speed is what you need : http://koenigsegg.com/...
- williamjm said How could the war be over slavery when Lincoln pro...
- The Masked Chicken said “The War of Northern Aggression was not foug...
- Kerry said Also a good, well, interesting day to reread Churc...
- CharlesG said “The “historical Jesus” is only of passing i...
- Kerry said Father Z, for a long time at the walleye fish rest...
- Kerry said Christ’s birthplace today, Obama’s bi...
- Andrew Saucci said How I wish that politicians today took God into co...
- FrankWalshingham said Can’t drink Lincoln’s Kool Aid , Fathe...
- MarkJ said I wonder if today’s school children are even...
- PA mom said Gorgeous. If it can become an island again, maybe...
- Muv said Totally fascinating, and many thanks to Elizabeth...
- Kathleen10 said He was eloquent and not ashamed to acknowledge God...
- Akita said I’ve been pondering the hidden life of Jesus...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said This is indeed a very fine specimen of English-lan...
- BobP said The so-called missals of 1965 and 1967 weren’...
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015: Second Week of Lent | The Quarterdeck said […] ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?...
- iamlucky13 said Once again, the media is referring to a person as...
- frjim4321 said I love Stephen Hunter.
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Not exactly Crispy Skin Chicken…
- LENTCAzT 16: Thursday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Veyron’s successor?
- 4 March 1865: Lincoln’s 2nd Inaugural Address
- My View For Awhile: Close Call Edition
- Christ’s childhood home found?
- LENTCAzT 15: Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Spectacular video of Mont Saint-Michel
- “They paved paradise and they put up a….”
- Renaissance triumphalist crowing both in bad taste and divisive
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Year of Faith
I am in Pine Bluff, WI, in the Diocese of Madison, to help on the First Friday, with an outstanding men’s group started by the parish priest, Fr Heilman.
For the Knights of Divine Mercy tonight we began with Holy Mass … Continue reading
From the onset, Fr. Z Kudos to His Excellency Most Rev. Bp. Thomas Olmsted of Phoenix for his new Pastoral Letter on CONFESSIONS!
The letter is called “Apostles of Mercy” and it is directed to the Priests of the Diocese of … Continue reading
“Finn was too kind to them.”
That is Prof. Ed Peters, canonist over at his fine blog, In The Light Of The Law.
Peters has written about the Bp. Robert Finn’s column about the National catholic Fishwrap… Reporter. Bp. Finn, bishop of … Continue reading
The National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) conspired with others who are openly hostile to the Catholic Church to intimidate His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn into silence.
The fact is, the NCR is not a “Catholic” paper or news source. That … Continue reading
Vatican Insider has something today about some Lutherans who are getting nervous about the Holy Father establishing an Ordinariate for Lutherans, along the lines of that which he established for Anglicans.
“A Lutheran ordinariate? That’s a bad sign”
An ordinariate for Lutherans … Continue reading
I was informed that recently His Eminence Daniel Card. DiNardo of Galveston-Houston delivered the annual Carl J. Peter Lecture at the Pontifical North American College. His topic: “Preaching With The Fathers Of The Church”.
This, of course, is of great interest … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate picked up something from Riposte Catholique (in French). Apparently, the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” sent a letter to the General House of the SSPX in Menzingen, Switzerland. The letter is signed by the PCED’s Vice-President Archbishop Augustine DiNoia, OP.
A … Continue reading
Deacon Greg Kandra has had a bit of a conversion about altar rails. Here is a taste.
Okay. I’ve changed my mind. It’s time to bring back the altar rail.
Hey, I’m as surprised as anyone else that I feel this way.
Two … Continue reading
Jesus did not found your parish.
Our Lord personally founded the Catholic Church and promised that she would prevail against the forces of Hell. He did not promise that the Enemy would not prevail where you live. He made no promises … Continue reading