You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- CatholicMD said This is my home state. The same outpouring of fait...
- Bosco said I lived three miles from Three Mile Island near Mi...
- Robbie said As I wrote previously in this comment section, I d...
- acardnal said I noticed the same thing, Fr. Z. The state and lo...
- lampada said The argument running in this thread appears to be...
- maryh said @Austin Catholics says: I never said excluding gir...
- Skeinster said We added a procession to our annual May Crowning t...
- lampada said My diocese has one of the highest numbers of semin...
- chantgirl said I know several NO parish priests who would love to...
- Jayna said I recently graduated with my Masters in Theology a...
- Late for heaven said Having female alter servers leads to confusion at...
- Giuseppe said 1) Girl altar servers can foster vocations, if you...
- Lisa said As soon as our parish started allowing girl altar...
- JabbaPapa said I see nothing significantly wrong with very young...
- Fr AJ said All male servers is a nice idea but in some places...
- SimonDodd said This seems like a fundamentally empirical question...
- Austin Catholics said @maryh “which is why people like Frjim4321 a...
- jesusthroughmary said I remember a few years ago, when a friend of mine...
- tealady24 said For all those affected by the tornado in Moore, OK...
- a catechist said What bothers me about this topic is that it lets t...
- RJHighland said After attending several TLM masses will I was a vo...
- wmeyer said I think that, as with most changes made after the...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, if he who can change the regulations...
- Absit invidia said The girls are occupying space that would otherwise...
- Rachel Gohlman said I am a woman. What I have noticed is that more of...
- Rachel Gohlman said Yes, the Novus Ordo needs to be the way it was int...
- Neil Addison said Here in England the tradition seems to be Red Cass...
- kiwitrad said I went to a Mass for the local school recently. T...
- The Sicilian Woman said Thanks all for sharing your good news! This threa...
- vetusta ecclesia said I have observed that it is common practice in Pola...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: Year of Faith
I have been sitting on this for months, but…
As a preamble, let me repeat something.
The Supreme Pontiff’s 2007 Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum established juridically that the Roman Rite has two forms, not one. Thus, if a man has not been trained … Continue reading
The Enchiridion Indulgentiarum 26 indicates that we can gain plenary indulgences on 31 December and 1 January.
§ 1. A plenary indulgence is granted to the Christian faithful who, in a church or in an oratory, are present [take part] in … Continue reading
U.S. Bishops call for project of prayer, fasting to begin 30 DECEMBER to defend Life, Marriage, Religious Liberty – FR Z POLL
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Did you know that the Bishops of these United States of America have asked for Catholics to pray, fast and abstain on Fridays, and take part in a holy hour each month?
Call To … Continue reading
At the blog Southern Orders, Fr. Allan McDonald had a few things to say about liberals and Vatican II and what freaks them out.
Here is a taste with my emphases and comments:
The progressive, liberal element of the Church since Vatican … Continue reading
3 December: His account is up and running: @Pontifex
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
On Monday we will find out what the Pope’s new Twitter handle is.
There will be a press conference in Rome on Monday to reveal more details … Continue reading
My old pastor, the late Msgr. Schuler used to say that “You can go into the ditch on either side of the road, left or right. Either way, you are still in a ditch.”
This has been my concern about some … Continue reading
UPDATE 30 Nov 18:07 GMT:
Since the beginning of November, through this, from what I can tell we have sold on Amazon:
mp3 downloads – 28
CDs – 177
Orant et laborant!
I was sent a photo of the nuns unloading the boxes of … Continue reading
While no effort of evangelization can ultimately be successful without a revitalization of our liturgical worship, neither will we succeed in a lasting way without performing spiritual and corporal works of mercy.
This morning I saw a great story about a … Continue reading
Fr. Finigan at his fine blog, The Hermeneutic of Continuity, has a piece today about something Card. Kasper told Anglicans at Lambeth in 2006 as the then-President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
Here is an excerpt:
It [viz. the ordination … Continue reading