Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Rachel said Wow, I got carried away and forgot to address the...
- Rachel said Interesting post, Fr. Z! pannw, thanks for pointin...
- gramma10 said Isn’t our mighty Creator God soooo magnifica...
- gramma10 said cnewa.org is accepting donations for these poor br...
- JTH said I’m laughing at the ethnic politics going on...
- Absit invidia said I simply cannot understand how the civilized world...
- jhayes said Kathleen10 wrote: It’s not a great nude, a superb...
- Andrew Saucci said An exclamation point could be useful after the phr...
- RJHighland said This Cardinal Baldisseri was hand picked by Pope F...
- Latin Mass Type said ¡Hagan S&M! No, I don’t mean that! Just...
- Latin Mass Type said I would like to see some security camera footage o...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z mildly says, “I’m not sure that’s fair...
- ts said Eleven years ago as my infant daughter was struggl...
- jhayes said Forgot the link to the Israel Museum http://www.im...
- jhayes said “Venus Restored” is a recognized work...
- chantgirl said JARay- In St. Faustina’s diary, she recounts...
- BobP said How is Vatican’s focus on the poor and homel...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z underscores, “There was nothing odd ab...
- SimonDodd said The only time I have ever contacted the Archdioces...
- pseudomodo said Ah, the Cardinals. I long for the good old days w...
- RAve said Helen Alvarez’s writing is another redeeming...
- MariaKap said Siculum, Exactly right! That was pretty much the...
- The Masked Chicken said I admit it. I have never written to a bishop. Bi...
- Siculum said Does anyone know who our perfect model of feminism...
- benedetta said Camille Paglia is from Endicott NY? Who knew…...
- The Masked Chicken said While I can understand the anger at this clock-and...
- Bea said Thanks for the link, Christ_opher I went and signe...
- Muv said It is always fascinating to see how annoyed some a...
- Siculum said “Overloads” or overlords? Nice write-u...
- Suburbanbanshee said Let’s be fair. William Wegman’s Weimar...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
- I am in mourning. It’s the end of an era.
- ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. UPDATES
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- CHICAGO: Chinese Food Edition
- GO TO CONFESSION… in Cleveland! 4 March UPDATE! Not only Cleveland.
- Request to readers: towel rack… yes… you read that right…
- Is there an agenda at work behind Pope Francis’ back?
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday of the 1st Week of Lent
- “O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon”
- OLDIE: Images of the Basilica of St. Peter on this Feast of the Cathedra
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- Two African Cardinals standing up!
- WDTPRS – 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): Sacramentum
- BREITBART: Canadian Fr. Rosica threatens to sue Canadian blogger (Vox Cantoris)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Year of Priests
From a reader:
I have a question for you regarding the celebration of feasts that fall on a different date in the new calendar rather than the old. Our diocesan office of worship is planning events for the year of priests, … Continue reading
I am at St. Vincent de Paul Church in Manhattan right now. The pastor, Fr. Murray, kindly asked me to preach today.
The notice was short, so this is about as close to an extemporaneous sermon as I might give … Continue reading
The Holy Father’s Letter for the Year for Priests has been issued.
I have the text and some comments on this page.
I may update that page from time to time.
Here is the first part….
Dear Brother Priests,
On the forthcoming … Continue reading
The weekly National Catholic Reporter is one of the most dissident publications calling itself Catholic.
This week NCR attacks Pope Benedict’s decision to inaugurate a special Year for Priests, which begins on Friday, 19 June, the Feast of the Sacred Heart. … Continue reading
Here is a rapidly made project to take advantage of the fact that today, 11 June, is the 110th Anniversary of Pope Leo XIII’s Consecration of human race to the Sacred Heart.
Today we hear the encyclical Annum Sacrum of Pope … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson is now the Archbishop of St. Louis.
In your charity will you pray for him?
Here is his first sermon as Archbishop in case you missed it.
Mexican archbishop: Priesthood not based on feelings
Mexico City, Mexico, Jun 8, 2009 / 08:06 pm (CNA).- Archbishop Jose Guadalupe Martin Rabago of Leon, Mexico began celebrations for the Year of Priests this week and said the vocation to the … Continue reading
I am very pleased that Fr. Finelli, aka "iPadre" celebrated his first TLM today and, being tech savvy ustreamed it!
Here is a screenshot.
I captured the stream and put it also on "Father Z TV", the Z-Cam.
In this PODCAzT we will look into the new Year of Priests announced by Pope Benedict XVI and the indulgence priests and lay faithful can gain each in their own ways.
Then, I will start what I hope to carry through … Continue reading