BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- Adorista said One of my sons just got his driver’s license...
- LeeF said Kudos indeed to Bp. Olmsted. I have a bishop whom...
- St. Irenaeus said We had a video. And will have another one next wee...
- norancor said Why is this a discussion? Those who are not Baptiz...
- HighMass said Latin High Mass last night, we are fortunate to ha...
- Latinmass1983 said Ember Days, as mentioned are very specifically Wes...
- aegsemje said I have a brand new baby girl! My 10th baby (one i...
- robtbrown said Jenson71 says: robtbrown: Your assumptions are sti...
- Rosary Rose said Coboyengineer, the best answer I ever heard was fr...
- cowboyengineer said Many thanks to those who answered my question.
- Dr. Edward Peters said Nope. Unless you count, things could be worse, whi...
- Sonshine135 said At Fatima, Lucy said the vision was of souls ̶...
- APX said With regards to are only Catholic saved, the Churc...
- Phil_NL said The original question has been answered, but the q...
- un-ionized said I am able to go up and down stairs pretty regularl...
- JonPatrick said OF Mass. It is not a crime to be rich, but we need...
- JabbaPapa said Regardless, less than two weeks ago, Clero was quo...
- JabbaPapa said Regarding Cardinal von Balthasar, at one point in...
- PTK_70 said The “din it in” approach would appear...
- HealingRose said Honestly, I missed the homily due to three misbeha...
- aquinas138 said My son’s surgery this past week was a succes...
- FXR2 said cowboyengineer said: 25 September 2016 at 7:49 PM...
- iamlucky13 said “Do Catholics believe only Catholics will be...
- A precarious moment in history - Catholic Crossing said […] As baptized Catholics we have a role and...
- iamlucky13 said @ Jenson71 “But here’s a fact: Clinton never...
- stuartal79 said He who has ears, let him hear.
- un-ionized said I know there was someone named Feeney who said onl...
- PhilipNeri said What if the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man is a...
- iamlucky13 said Ordinary form, so the gospel was the parable of th...
- Jenson71 said Clinton’s campaign was specifically asked ab...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) interprets ‘Amoris laetitia’
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Will all be saved?
- We are at a “precarious moment in our history” when churches must speak truth to power
- Happy Feast of Our Lady of Walsingham to members of the Ordinariate
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- “O God, you are so big!” Maronite English liturgical translations: Devastation!
- Padre Pio music on his feast day: Musical Setting of his “Prayer” (VIDEO)
- WDTPRS – 26th Ordinary Sunday: Bowels of Mercy
- SSPX Bp. Fellay talks about relations with the Holy See
- September Ember!
- MEXICO: Another priest kidnapped after two were murdered
- Acton on giving the powerful a pass because they are famous
- The Autumnal Tipping Point
- Trump campaign forms Catholic advisory group
- Jesuit Fr James Martin honored by homosexual advocates condemned by Holy See and USCCB
- FOLLOW UP: Fr. Z asks help from priests: Can you take a Gregorian Mass set, stipend?
- ASK FATHER: Confession line very slow and Father looks out at people waiting
- UPDATE Road Warrior Tips: Cheaper data abroad (KeepGo) and soft landings
- ASK FATHER: How to “steel ourselves” and not come down off from our crosses?
- ASK FATHER: Why are we responsible for the sin of Adam and Eve when weren’t there?
- ASK FATHER: Why MUST one be in communion with Rome?
- Recent Islamic terror attacks in NYC and Minnesota
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- This saint, after 1969, never said Mass using the Novus Ordo
- 19 Sept – NAPLES: The blood of St Januarius liquefied!
- PSA: International Talk Like A Pirate Day
- Read the reviews right away before they are removed.
- Ross Douthat on candidate Quisling Kaine (D-VA) and on Francis’ papal doctrine dance
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Category Archives: You must be joking!
A few days ago Jesuit Fr. Thomas Reese, who had been relieved of his post as editor of America Magazine when Card. Ratzinger was Prefect of the CDF, and who now writes for the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) came … Continue reading
This makes me angry. From Independent Sentinel: Historic Church Turned Into a Mosque with Taxpayer Funding Muslims are converting a former Roman Catholic church into mosque. The plan, approved by US Conference of Catholic Bishops, Syracuse Landmark Preservation Board, is … Continue reading
This entry has a convoluted origin, but here goes… I saw a story at Stream about a lesbian couple who are suing New Jersey, which is oppressing them. Get this… Erin and Marianne Krupa, a lesbian couple struggling to get … Continue reading
Here is something pretty bizzare… This has come out of the blue like a… that thing that comes out of the blue. A bolt? A raise in your health insurance premium? A sprained ankle? My point is that, as I write, none … Continue reading
It is possible that some wywympryst wannabes, representatives of the militant women’s association Women’s Ordination Worldwide (WOW), are supposed to meet with someone in the Vatican. Via Eponymous Flower and Katholisches.info. I think most of these wymyn and those who … Continue reading
You’ve seen the recent stories about leaders of US women religious being summoned to Rome for to explain the situation. On the heals of another such story today (HERE) comes this, which I spotted at Church Militant. Apparently the US … Continue reading
Someone ought to have a few words with this … fellow. From a reader… I hope that this isn’t really a photo of Mass. Maybe it’s some, I dunno, bible church group doing their thing. But I fear that it … Continue reading
Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi rides again! Same-sex ‘marriage’ is perfectly “consistent” with Catholic Faith
It has been awhile since Rep. Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi said something stupid about Catholicism. It’s her turn again! At LifeSite I read: Nancy Pelosi: Gay ‘marriage’ is ‘consistent’ with Catholic teaching WASHINGTON, D.C., June 2, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) — House Minority Leader … Continue reading
From The Catholic League: Atheists Sue U.S. House Chaplain May 6, 2016 Bill Donohue comments on an atheist group suing the U.S. House chaplain: Thursday, May 5, was America’s annual National Day of Prayer. So of course the anti-prayer Freedom From … Continue reading
From time to time we hear about the idiocies that public schools perpetrate. Here’s another which caught my eye in the wake of controversy about changing the $10 or $20 bills. From Joe For America: SCHOOL CALLS POLICE ON GIRL … Continue reading
We saw that the Sistine Chapel was rented out to Porsche. We had the projections of critters on the facade of the Vatican Basilica. Now we have rock music in, again, the Sistina. From Reuters: U2’S THE EDGE BECOMES FIRST … Continue reading
More idiocy at a Jesuit-run school. Surprised? Form The College Fix: Believing in two genders is a ‘hate crime’ under police investigation at Catholic college ‘You can have your opinion’ as long as it doesn’t ‘deny my existence’ It’s uncommon … Continue reading
I saw at katholisches.info via the curiously-named Eponymous Flower an … what’s the word … oddity, hopefully unique. Not my translation: The new Archbishop of Palermo, recently appointed by Pope Francis, Msgr. Corrado Lorefice, swung himself in a bicycle … Continue reading
First, we have now a nickname for the new Letter. Familiaris divortio Thanks to The Great Roman™! Next, I am gobsmacked by something I heard. US radio talk show host Michael Savage has been reading – on air – … Continue reading