Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- iamlucky13 said Hmm…the link I tried to post above got trunc...
- Jim in Seattle said What is the symbolism of the cherry trees, Mary, a...
- Sonshine135 said Daniel Mitsui’s art is most excellent! Thank you f...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you! (Also thank you to iamlucky13!) By good...
- Venerator Sti Lot said An interesting and hopeful further article about t...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Another Bishop Conley ‘item’ well wort...
- iamlucky13 said If you like the melding of eastern and western art...
- mlmc said after remodeling our church a few years ago, the c...
- gramma10 said Interesting. Talented artist. Not my style but I a...
- katherine collins said We went from an EF Mass presided over by the FSSP...
- Theodore said Rabbits are part of Traditional Japanese heraldry...
- iamlucky13 said My instinct is to say yes on genuflecting to the B...
- WmHesch said It’s not a “line from one of the Psalm...
- albizzi said Who said this: “When God wants to chastize t...
- SimonR said Thanks Rob22 for your comment. Regretfully, both S...
- iamlucky13 said I find knowing the Latin (even as limited as mine...
- albizzi said The french jesuit “Revue Etudes” felt...
- yatzer said Current life, in the USA anyway, makes it hard to...
- robtbrown said Vince not only was a daily communicant but also sa...
- frbkelly said jhayes says: I suspect that a priest celebrating t...
- marcelus said SO what is your take on that? who is this antichri...
- Venerator Sti Lot said SKAY, It is worth repeating something interesting...
- SKAY said “In comments at his Monday in-air interview...
- Bob Glassmeyer said I think Simon Dodd makes some excellent points. A...
- Lorenz said The e-mail address of Pierre De Charentenay is: pi...
- Alanmac said Speaking of Jesuits, one of the most apostate is a...
- Joe in Canada said I have a question regarding the current liturgical...
- martin.c said Errata: In my previous comment, the first quote sh...
- martin.c said Although I admire Fr. Fessio’s courage and l...
- Bob Glassmeyer said Kate, very well said! I, too, genuflect out of re...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- More from the mighty pen of Daniel Mitsui
- WDTPRS Collect 4th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “Billy loves bugs.”
- Finding one’s way deeper into the Faith
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: You must be joking!
Over at Crisis I saw that there is a piece by the esteemed Anthony Esolen called The Serpents Return to the Irish. That seems to be the case not only in these USA but also in the “old country” itself.
I … Continue reading
In case you were wondering, the satanic event scheduled to be held in an Oklahoma City civic center (thus, state operated), is still on and has sold out. HERE
But, hey! Don’t worry. These are just benign people doing their thing. Right? … Continue reading
The Daily Caller has this:
Catholic Cardinal McCarrick Embraces Islam
Catholic Cardinal Theodore McCarrick offered Islamic religious phrases and insisted that Islam shares foundational rules with Christianity, during a Sept. 10 press conference in D.C.
“In the name of God, the Merciful and … Continue reading
I have recently seen some discussion of what would happen were the minimum wage to be raised in these USA. Here is one interesting take, that includes some links to other articles that are worth pursuing.
From Truth Revolt:
On Friday, The … Continue reading
The Holy Father threw his weight behind yesterday’s (1 Sept) Soccer/Football match for Peace at Rome’s Olympic Stadium.
One of you readers caught something at the Spanish section of Vatican Radio… HERE. I am not making this up.
It’s the rainbow theme … Continue reading
I have received word that some demolition is going on at the church where Fr. George Rutler used to be pastor, Our Saviour.
As you may know, Fr. Rutler was – in a move that surprised many – transferred not too … Continue reading
ISIS has its secularized counterparts in these USA.
DYER COUNTY, TN –
(WMC) – A young girl, who claims she was standing up for her religious beliefs in the classroom, was suspended after breaking a class rule of saying “bless you” … Continue reading
Ann Carey, author of the thoughtful and balanced Sisters in Crisis Revisited: From Unraveling to Reform and Renewal, masterfully dissected the astonishingly myopic and self-centered speech given at the recent LCWR meeting by Sr. Nancy Shreck. I urge you to … Continue reading
From a reader…
One of our priests is moving on, and yesterday he gave his farewell at Mass.
Instead of a homily, he talked up St. Francis’ contributions to social justice, and about how our faith is represented in the many programs … Continue reading
I find myself in complete agreement with Phyllis Zagano.
[Those sounds you are hearing are jaws hitting desks, mugs of Mystic Monk coffee dropping to the floor with a crash and splash, astonished readers sliding off chairs in a swoon.]
Yes, you … Continue reading