Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- tealady24 said Isn’t it amazing how liberal radicals feel c...
- frahobbit said I remember the cue A.C.T.S. – adoration, co...
- Mike said . . . the only available seats were in the very fr...
- mamajen said My most recent experience with the TLM (on Dec. 8t...
- Legisperitus said This infinite variety of ways of assisting at Holy...
- JBS said Is the 1958 instruction of Sacred Music, which des...
- Georgemartyrfan said This is why I love “Ask Father” –...
- Stephen Matthew said I suspect that pyxes are rarely purified after use...
- texsain said Thank you for this, Father. When I became Catholi...
- Skeinster said Through the plug in on the post, too. First year I...
- Imrahil said I’d be hesitant about speaking of “pro...
- eulogos said I think the writer ought to speak to Fr. Dave. Fr...
- Athelstan said And you can reply, “Exactly. It is an unsafe envir...
- AnnTherese said Amateur Scholastic: I’m curious about your s...
- Michael_Thoma said Problem is too much “participation” by...
- cpttom said In my parish we’ve had way worse. One eveni...
- Traductora said I think Cardinal Dolan could have calmed things do...
- edm said There is no shortage of good quality, dignified py...
- John Nolan said On Christmas Day I shall be singing, at 8 am, the...
- Dennis D said Here’s a solution: How about the choir sing...
- Orphrey said Chantgirl wrote something thought provoking: ̶...
- The Masked Chicken said This last Thanksgiving someone tried to explain th...
- The Masked Chicken said Should be, Transubstantionationist. In that alter...
- The Masked Chicken said “Ten thousand million billion lay people can...
- Michael_Thoma said Johnno says: 20 December 2014 at 1:51 pm ‘Namaste’...
- rafferju said okay, I had an uncle a priest and he had a pyxe th...
- The Masked Chicken said Yes, this is an important find, not only because i...
- Allan S. said It’s the poor theology behind all this which...
- Elizium23 said Father Jim, I sincerely hope that you meant low-gl...
- IStartedTheFire said “I’ll bet 90% of the problem is liturgical...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world
- ASK FATHER: What am I supposed to do during Mass?
- Pope Francis greets Curia for Christmas, and rips them to shreds
- ADVENTCAzT 23: The sunrise of history, the mystery of God’s providence
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: You must be joking!
The Daily Caller has this:
Catholic Cardinal McCarrick Embraces Islam
Catholic Cardinal Theodore McCarrick offered Islamic religious phrases and insisted that Islam shares foundational rules with Christianity, during a Sept. 10 press conference in D.C.
“In the name of God, the Merciful and … Continue reading
I have recently seen some discussion of what would happen were the minimum wage to be raised in these USA. Here is one interesting take, that includes some links to other articles that are worth pursuing.
From Truth Revolt:
On Friday, The … Continue reading
The Holy Father threw his weight behind yesterday’s (1 Sept) Soccer/Football match for Peace at Rome’s Olympic Stadium.
One of you readers caught something at the Spanish section of Vatican Radio… HERE. I am not making this up.
It’s the rainbow theme … Continue reading
I have received word that some demolition is going on at the church where Fr. George Rutler used to be pastor, Our Saviour.
As you may know, Fr. Rutler was – in a move that surprised many – transferred not too … Continue reading
ISIS has its secularized counterparts in these USA.
DYER COUNTY, TN –
(WMC) – A young girl, who claims she was standing up for her religious beliefs in the classroom, was suspended after breaking a class rule of saying “bless you” … Continue reading
Ann Carey, author of the thoughtful and balanced Sisters in Crisis Revisited: From Unraveling to Reform and Renewal, masterfully dissected the astonishingly myopic and self-centered speech given at the recent LCWR meeting by Sr. Nancy Shreck. I urge you to … Continue reading
From a reader…
One of our priests is moving on, and yesterday he gave his farewell at Mass.
Instead of a homily, he talked up St. Francis’ contributions to social justice, and about how our faith is represented in the many programs … Continue reading
I find myself in complete agreement with Phyllis Zagano.
[Those sounds you are hearing are jaws hitting desks, mugs of Mystic Monk coffee dropping to the floor with a crash and splash, astonished readers sliding off chairs in a swoon.]
Yes, you … Continue reading
Today is a great day among Jesuits.
It is the 200th Anniversary of the Restoration of the Society of Jesus.
As you may know, the Society had been, for a while, suppressed.
To mark this day, the Jesuit-run America Magazine has published an interview. … Continue reading