Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Bruce said I wonder what ND alum Josiah Bartlet would think o...
- jfk03 said All that is needed to complete the metamorphosis i...
- JMody said Several points from our sermon — focusing ar...
- BLB Oregon said The homilist opened with the story of Anna Pavlova...
- Lepidus said Ordinary Form: Our (Indian) priest made a talked...
- Priam1184 said My answer to the school sisters of Notre Dame goes...
- Fr AJ said Since they are no longer want to be Sisters of Our...
- atmoe said I think they may have confused Earth Day and Easte...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Well, no, Frank Gibbons, I don’t think I hav...
- Mike said Thanks (one prays) to improving catechesis, this y...
- Stephen D said …and every time a baby smiles, a fairy is bo
- Long-Skirts said THE NEVER SETTING SON His head pushed north. His f...
- CatholicLiving said We had Tenebrae on Wednesday and Friday; my husban...
- Rachel K said He is risen indeed, Alleluia! A very Happy and Ble...
- Grateful to be Catholic said At Old St. Mary’s in Washington, DC, a Solem...
- Rachel K said JonathanCatholic, many congratulations to you! Wha...
- Michael said I have no problem with worship of the Lord that fo...
- MarkG said >>> Michael Sherrard, Faithful America’s...
- Southern Baron said I have a vegetarian friend who specifically eats m...
- MarkG said This sounds like it’s written for a greeting...
- lana said Confitemini, Thank you!!!!!!
- JonathanCatholic said “We give thee thanks, O our Father, for the...
- lana said Very beautiful, thank you Father.
- LorrieRob said Attended the entire Triduum at Our Lady of Lourde...
- joecct77 said I was educated from 1st through 6th grades by the...
- Jim in Seattle said How ironic. From the Roman Martyrology reading fo...
- HyacinthClare said One person, and one group, believed the resurrecti...
- Mike said Let us offer such trials and sufferings as we may...
- Frank Gibbons said OK, so it has its theological shortcomings, but yo...
- tonyfernandez said The dream-filled hearts of mountains? Well there...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Search Results for: LCWR
Yes, yes… we know that Rolling Stone, which recently featured on its cover the photo of the Boston Marathon terrorist, has now jumped onto the Pope Francis bandwagon.
The real take away from this is that, while Rolling Stone and other … Continue reading
There are times when, try as I might, I have no idea what – or whom – Pope Francis is talking about. I am not alone.
I had a few requests to explain something that Francis said to a group of … Continue reading
The leading prelate of the Church of England, Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, who recently called Pope Francis his own Person of the Year, has been a busy bee!
From The Mail:
[Archpb. of Canterbury] Welby [Anglican] casts out ‘sin’ from christenings: … Continue reading
Hmmm…. Maybe I should name Justice Sonia Sotomayor Fr. Z’s Person of the Year.
Justice [Sotomayor] delays health law’s birth control mandate
Justice delays health law’s birth control mandate
By: Associated Press
December 31, 2013 10:34 PM EST
WASHINGTON — Only hours before the … Continue reading
Over the last years we have learned that the St. Peter’s Square nativity scene has often cost upward of half a million euro. There has been not a little graft involved.
We also know that the Holy See has some money … Continue reading
I have written before that the ordination of women is the flagship issue for liberals.
So long as Pope Francis won’t change Church “policy”, he will remain in their dog house.
Some conservatives frown when the Pope gets out over his skiis … Continue reading
From Protect The Pope comes this useful clarification:
Fr Flannery’s heretical views on the Eucharist and Priesthood are the reason why CDF intervened – Cardinal Lavada explains
BY DEACON NICK DONNELLY, ON NOVEMBER 15TH, 2013
Cardinal Levada, the former Prefect of the CDF, has … Continue reading
Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) has yet another attack piece against the important collection to be taken up this weekend for the Archdiocese for Military Services.
In other words they are attacking Catholic chaplains.
In the latest divisive hate piece Fishwrap has this suggestion:
Outside … Continue reading