Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Matthew Gaul said “It’s only a matter of time before one of th...
- Boniface said FrAnt, while I personally refuse to even visit the...
- Allan S. said I will remember the late father at Eucharistic Ado...
- The Cobbler said Ah, yes, “Read the text, my blatantly obviou...
- St Donatus said I think the most important thing is to keep your f...
- Latin Mass Type said Archbishop Cordileone is a supporter of the Extrao...
- Allan S. said The Lord allowed Judas Iscariot as an Apostle to p...
- The Masked Chicken said Archbp. Cordileone is fighting the good fight, how...
- Boniface said jacobi, As far as Church teaching goes, of course...
- FrAnt said Someone noted this morning that those who were not...
- ppb said While I certainly think it is wrong for the CEO to...
- gramma10 said She is just one of thousands of Catholic’s w...
- mhazell said Well, if it were me, I would politely point the CE...
- Fredi D'Alessio said I live in the archdiocese and have to say: just ge...
- Ed the Roman said There is a point at which passage of time makes it...
- gramma10 said Control Freaks! God gives us our freedom. Lord hav...
- The Masked Chicken said “Unless your contract (if you have one) defi...
- The Masked Chicken said “Some people are nearly maniacal about forci...
- Traductora said First of all, I don’t understand why this pe...
- Eric said I certainly hope if this person is fired, he let u...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Mary, Mother of God, please pray for Archbishop Co...
- Rob22 said Dogmas can change or they cannot. If the Cardinal...
- Andrew Saucci said I agree– this is not nit-picking at all. Goo...
- Gaetano said Father, you should have included this quote from t...
- Gaetano said Fr. McBrien now knows the truth about every chapte...
- Andrew Saucci said It’s only a matter of time before one of the...
- CU Weekly 284: No Time Like The Present said […] Cardinal Burke and the “feminizati...
- jacobi said Father, When I was at school, not telling you when...
- govmatt said Civil law most certainly comes into play here if y...
- Emilio said I spent a long, long time working in and travellin...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
- A great quote
- My View For Awhile: Yeah… I know….
- If you want peace, DEFEND LIFE!
- Samuel Gregg on Benedict XVI’s Regensburg Address and Islamic Jihadism
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ESOLEN: How to kill vocations – Feminize everything!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- “Namore of this, for Goddes dignitee … Thy drasty riming is nat worth a toord!”
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- “Don’t tell me you don’t wish to fight; for the moment you tell me that, you are already fighting.”
- Undeveloped photos from WWII found
- Travel altar cards for TLM – special sale
- Holy Communion at mega Mass in Manila – POLLS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Search Results for: peters
I repost this and warmly urge you to HELP.
Please use the sharing buttons. Get the word out. C’mon readers!
I received this by email:
On November 14th, 2013… we want the whole world to hear the story of Thomas Peters and his … Continue reading
Ed Peters has an important post at his place.
A German bishop essentially declared himself the Church’s lawgiver (read: Pope) and dispensed with the universal law.
From In The Light Of The Law:
This is why we have Canon 428
October 10, 2013
The Archdiocese of … Continue reading
I remind the readers (and new readers) to continue with your prayers for Thomas Peters and his family. Thom broke his neck in a swimming accident. Recovery is slow and hard.
The well-known canonist, Ed Peters, is Thom’s father. He is … Continue reading
Preamble: Thomas Peter’s broke his neck in a swimming accident. HERE He has some control of his arms so far. The well-known canonist Ed Peter’s, Thom’s father, has asked people to invoke the intercession of Servant of God Fr. Felix Cappello … Continue reading
I am getting reports that the young papist, Thomas Peters, was injured – perhaps severely – in an accident of some kind. Tom is the son of the great canonist Ed Peters, by the way.
More information will come in soon, … Continue reading
Over at the blog of the gentlemanly though trouble-making canonist Ed Peters (aka The Canonical Defender) there is a post about the ramifications of the suicide at Notre-Dame in Paris.
Suicide—whatever mental/emotional problems induce some to commit it and which might … Continue reading
The pesky, trouble-making canonist Ed Peters – I am glad he is on the side of the good, the true and beautiful, by the way – over at his site vivisects a priest.
After reading this, I made popcorn and then … Continue reading
At the National Schismatic Reporter, editor Tom Fox had a grand-nutty.
This time, however, I offer black and red treatment by none other than Prof. Ed Peters (who has no open combox – be sure to visit him and boost his … Continue reading
Wherein Fr. Z shows provocatively that Dr. Peters agrees with Fr. Z after all in the matter of one Mass for back to back Holy Days of Obligation
[GO HERE for an important follow-up post.]
I include the picture to the right, only, because, today, I went to the fantastic exhibit on the American painter George Bellows. Thus, “Stag at Starky’s”. The audience depicts the internet more than the … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender, the distinguished Ed Peters, has some comments on his fine blog In The Light Of The Law about civil consequences of Catholic marriage ceremonies. In the USA marriage ceremonies are also the civil act. In Italy, there … Continue reading