- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- majuscule said I agree about Google™ and the Turnip Truck™
- Art said PEORIA – Regarding the Supreme Court decisio...
- andia said http://www.buffalodiocese.org/home/tabid/37/vw/1/i...
- RichR said Just saw it, and a thought occurred to me: Jupiter...
- excalibur said SSPX http://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/americas-...
- pannw said http://www.dioceseofnashville.com/news/bishops-let...
- Vincent. said http://www.rcda.org/our_bishop_Supreme%20Court.htm...
- Michael H said Thanks everyone for your very helpful answers to t...
- s i said Excellent sermon from our pastor: http://imlaysacr...
- cathgrl said http://cardinalsblog.adw.org/2015/06/the-implicati...
- John Nelson said His Excellency, Most Reverened Robert Vasa of the...
- Sconnius said From His Excellency Robert C. Morlino, by the grac...
- KnightOfTruth said Bishop Michael Burbidge of the Diocese of Raleigh...
- Lori Pieper said “The Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision on m...
- Sconnius said The initial release from the Archdiocese of Milwau...
- msouth85 said The U.S. Supreme Court has issued a ruling that re...
- cregduff said RE: Statement from Bishop William Murphy on today’...
- Robert_H said Bishop David Walkowiak Diocese of Grand Rapids, Mi...
- ChiaraDiAssisi said http://www.diocese-sacramento.org/PDFs/Statementon...
- Sonshine135 said “The decision by the U. S. Supreme Court is deeply...
- kelleyb said http://www.arlingtondiocese.org/newsdetails.aspx?P...
- jameeka said Fr. Andrew: I am just a measly lay person, but I w...
- DanW said Iowa Bishops comment on Supreme Court marriage dec...
- johnson2380 said From Bishop Curtis Guillory of the Diocese of Beau...
- Greg C. said Most Reverend Christopher J. Coyne, Bishop of Burl...
- aviva meriam said https://www.cathdal.org/news-item?r=DODLJ0FDCK...
- SKAY said Happy Birthday Cardinal Burke. You are always in...
- Patikins said http://www.colsdioc.org/ STATEMENT FROM OHIO BISHO...
- SKAY said Bishop Michael Jarrell of the Diocese of Lafayett...
- eymard said Honolulu Bishop Silva statement Statement of Most...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
- It’s time to kneel down and pray for our nation
- Wherein Fr. Blake hits a century
- The Church in Madison is alive! VIDEO
- ASK FATHER: Our Episcopal priest recently became a nun….
- ASK FATHER: Petrine Privilege or usual “annulment” procedure? Help!
- Ed Peters on Pope Francis’ remarks about “separation” of spouses
- POLL: SCOTUS upheld ObamaCare subsidies in states
- ASK FATHER: I work on Sunday. Can I go to Mass on another day?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: 2012
“c”atholics United: Who runs the dissident group politicizing the HHS mandate issue and fighting the US bishops?
Catholics United is politicizing the HHS mandate issue.
A reader sent an article from the Baltimore Sun about the opening Mass for the Fortnight for Freedom. I am sure you have read about that elsewhere, so I will only point out … Continue reading
So, The First Gay President invites some homosexual activists to the White House.
What could possibly go wrong?
I saw this at The Weekly Standard:
Activists Take Out Frustration on … Ronald Reagan
Victor Fiorillo reports for Phillymag.com:
Last Friday, an attaché of important gay … Continue reading
I am adding to my Kindle Wishlist Hugh Hewitt’s new book The Brief Against Obama: The Rise, Fall & Epic Fail of the Hope & Change Presidency.
This give people in one handy place lots of good information and arguments for your … Continue reading
I just found this on the site of the USCCB:
Catholics Care. Catholics Vote.
I won’t explain it because I want to manipulate you into going there to see what it is.
I wanted to add a follow up to this: MINNESOTA READERS – WDTPRS POLL
For November 2012 there is on the ballot in Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one woman.
Minnesota … Continue reading
Google will soon become self-aware, Skynet will arise, and we will be doomed either to a life in the Matrix and zooming around in ships chased by squidy-robots or being hunted down by terminators. Either way, we need more ammo.
Did … Continue reading
Last night His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan was on with Bill O’Reilly on FNC. O’Reilly actually let him get a word in.
This is the first part of the interview. I understand that the rest of it will be posted elsewhere. … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
On Monday m Pres. Obama said to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev Monday that he, Obama, would have “more flexibility” because this is his last election.
Pres. Obama was talking about missile stuff. But the question is immediately raised: What else … Continue reading
FAVOR ASKED BELOW.
Supporters of the Obama Adminstration in a campaign of deceptive rhetoric are trying to tar the Church as being “political” whenever the bishops teach about matters of morals or raise their voices in the public square concerning any … Continue reading