You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Hank Igitur said Prior to 1969 we had reversible cassocks: red side...
- JacobWall said @maryh, what you say sounds very reasonable. Part...
- maryh said @APX Believe me, the last thing I want to do is fo...
- frjim4321 said As you might have guessed, we have both female and...
- Scott W. said Since the crisis in vocations substantially preced...
- Kathleen10 said Wow, Vexilla, that was painful! It must have bee...
- phlogiston said Sadly, I believe there is room for a third poll qu...
- Kathleen10 said One doesn’t need to be a vocations expert, a...
- FrDulli said This poll also seems to show that male readers out...
- Robbie said Dave N I tend to agree with you. I don’t ca...
- Trinitarian Dad said Our medium sized parish has all male altar servers...
- Mr. P. said I just saw your permanent deacon tag above and wil...
- Mr. P. said Father, are there specialized training programs fo...
- MaximusXVI said just use common sense and history. Pre-Vatican II,...
- Jim R said “A deacon is a deacon is a deacon.” Oh...
- JacobWall said @APX, I can’t speak for maryh, but what she...
- David Zampino said Praying, Father!
- Dave N. said Since the crisis in vocations substantially preced...
- BridgetTheresa said Here is a true modern-day cassock story, as relate...
- MBeauregard said I am a former Catholic elementary school principal...
- lucaslaroche said I forgot where I read it… It could have very well...
- eiggam said While we were going over arrangements for my dad...
- momoften said Congratulations Mamajen, but God continue to bless...
- momoften said Also, if you ask any of my 11 sons (all of them a...
- momoften said We have red for Easter, and for Christmas-and spec...
- a catechist said My seven yr. old daughter was Confirmed and receiv...
- Jeannie_C said Mamajen – Praise God and congratulations! I...
- Supertradmum said Mamajen, congratulations and God bless your all.
- yatzer said At one point I was all for female servers as a mat...
- Scott W. said I’d be interested in a study comparing paris...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: 2nd amendment
Don’t you wish sometimes that you never… I mean never… saw or heard Hollywood stars when they weren’t actually in a show or movie?
Some of these people are getting into the gun-control issue. Strikes me as a bit hypocritical.
How … Continue reading
At Catholic Vote someone has taken the mickey out of the enemies of the 2nd Amendment and particular out of the opponents of concealed carry weapon licenses.
No, wait. Let me correct that. Stricter gun-control advocates generally don’t actually think about the 2nd … Continue reading
I have been thinking through the “gun” controversy. I am also thinking about what it means for me, a priest.
For example, what does a concealed carry weapon (CCW) mean for a priest versus for a layperson?
Some people will bring up … Continue reading
When I got interested in Ham Radio, I discovered on YouTube some video offerings from “USNERDOC“, a fellow in Oregon who was in the Navy and is an emergency medicine doctor. He has gotten into Ham Radio, in part, to … Continue reading
After the sad election last November, the President joked around with Barbara Walters on ABC about his daughters being surrounded by guns all the time. I am sure that, as a father, he thinks that’s a mighty fine perk.
His daughters … Continue reading
Some people are getting it. Liberals, even – to their eternal shame liberal catholics – are hijacking pro-life language as a way of promoting strict gun-control as if it were a pro-life issue. What they are really trying to do is silence … Continue reading
I checked the NCR this morning to see which of their writers would be the first out of the gate to instrumentalize the heinous killing of children in Connecticut to argue for tougher gun control laws.
Would it be Michael Sean … Continue reading
Pres. Obama has been undermining our 1st Amendment rights. As a refresher, this is the first article of the Bill of Rights:
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the … Continue reading
Even if Admiral Yamamoto didn’t actually say this, it is nevertheless true. Se non è vero, è ben trovato:
You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
I received this amusing piece via … Continue reading