Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Cathy said Cordelio, I agree, it undermines the doctrine of c...
- Legisperitus said mburn16: Funnily enough, I misread the beginning o...
- MarkJ said Vatican II? Oh, it was the most wunderfullest coun...
- wmeyer said As to the liturgy, when it was in Latin, it was co...
- wmeyer said Include me among those who endured RCIA. In my cas...
- Margaret said Golly. I hope the talks are more grounded in real...
- mhazell said The first statement about OT and NT readings is cl...
- mburn16 said “They reflect an attitude of, “Before the Co...
- Netmilsmom said Why is there two travel mugs on your “Self-A...
- Cordelio said The second statement reproduced above is not just...
- APX said Actually, prior to Vatican II in certain areas of...
- CatholicLiving said Do they have ‘chicken fried steak’ in...
- MikeM221 said I have always found it ironic that the use of the...
- lisebaur said Thank you, Father. I’ve been listening ever...
- sirlouis said And, just to be perfectly accurate, lay people ar...
- Andkaras said Wasn’t Natchitoches a favorite haunt of Walk...
- pj_houston said “Thems hominy grits” http://youtu.be/u
- frjim4321 said I certainly hope you’re feeling much better.
- Henry Edwards said New ICEL: Look kindly, Lord, we pray, on the devot...
- Lutgardis said The reference to “tempering” makes me...
- JacobWall said @Sonshine135, Peopel ARE building churches like th...
- oledocfarmer said Natchitoches is the town where the film STEEL MAGN...
- jameeka said Why is “mens” sometimes translated as...
- Marc said Father Z, I had the pleasure of hearing this talk...
- wmeyer said The south is, of course, where some people eat gri...
- benedetta said Of course, excommunicated wymyn priests and those...
- acardnal said No snow on the ground. How abnormal for you.
- ASPM Sem said PeterK: It was at one time the cathedral for the D...
- ASPM Sem said If you have the chance, visit the Cathedral Basili...
- semperficatholic said Eat a Natchitoches meat pie while there! They are...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Z-Swag: in the wild
- Some misconceptions
- WDTPRS Wednesday 1st Week of Lent: getting tenderized
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent
- Southern Sojourn
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Tag Archives: 2nd amendment
I can’t see what the fuss is all about.
Well, actually I do see what the fuss is all about.
New York pastor’s Sunday service assault rifle giveaway draws controversy
An upstate New York Baptist pastor has stirred controversy with his plan … Continue reading
19 states join legal fight against New Jersey’s concealed weapons law
CHEYENNE, Wyo. – Wyoming is leading a coalition of 19 states asking the U.S. Supreme Court to let them submit a brief supporting a New Jersey man’s challenge to … Continue reading
Scalia Says Internment Ruling Could Happen Again
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia told law students at the University of Hawaii on Monday that the nation’s highest court was wrong to uphold the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II, … Continue reading
As my eyes scan around and watch the signs of the times, these two items seem to me eerily related.
First, from Breitbart:
SUPER BOWL 2014: RIOT POLICE RESTORE ORDER IN SEATTLE AFTER SEAHAWKS WIN
After the Seattle Seahawks won their first Super … Continue reading
Some Monday morning humor. I did know about Dixon Diaz, but he’s got some game:
Technorati Tags: 2nd amendment, Dixon Diaz, Obamacare
I’m sharing this because even the visual image of what happened in that room made my flesh crawl.
From the Albany Times Union:
Jerome M. Hauer, Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s director of homeland security, took out his handgun and used the laser sighting … Continue reading
My heart goes out to those poor people who were killed and injured at the Navy Yard and to their families. Some questions have to be asked.
I was sent this link to PJ Media, which has an interesting bit of … Continue reading
From a reader:
Are priests allowed to carry handguns? I have heard stories of priests owning guns, going hunting, etc, but could a priest have a handgun, conceal and carry, etc? What do you think about a priest having a handgun … Continue reading
Don’t you wish sometimes that you never… I mean never… saw or heard Hollywood stars when they weren’t actually in a show or movie?
Some of these people are getting into the gun-control issue. Strikes me as a bit hypocritical.
How … Continue reading