Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- exNOAAman: Rolling into history. Interestin g. http://sym bolic-mira ge.blogspo t.com/2018 /06/its-ti me-to-spec ulate.html ?m=1
- CandS: I looked over the Russian document from the Wilson Center site. I thought it was going to be a scan of handwritte n notes and difficult to read. It is all typed up in a PDF that can be OCRed...
- maternalView: I’m all for being charitable but there does come a time when you do have to call someone out on their behavior. I have family members who decide to ignore questions put to them...
- Dismas: Vatican I detailed the boundaries of infallibil ity. So, if someone (perhaps not even physically manifest) is determined to push for heterodoxy in the Church, yet is cognizant of an impen...
- maternalView: Everyone around him should be scrutinize d as to whether they knew or participat ed in similar behavior. I believe there are more. The Church will not flourish in the US until we root...
- Dismas: As a survivor of the Rembert Weakland episcopate , I must say that Cardinal McCarrick must have had some serious connection s, dirt, and influence at many levels in numerous places. Every...
- maternalView: Thanks be to God! Prayers were heard! Too late of notice for me to get there this weekend. But I’d sure like to be there for FatherR 17;s first Mass back!
- HvonBlumenthal: It is insufficie nt merely to say the right thing. The right thing has to be said at the right time. The right time in this case was before the vote.
- Peter Stuart: What to say. Well, 40 years ago my SSA was busting to get out and the Bishops said I should sing silly songs and vote Democrat (while they were doing all that and God knows what...
- benedetta: Also, I agree with the above poster that an Eastern Catholic patriarch at the helm would be extremely renewing for the universal Church.
- Kathleen10: robtbrown asks the proper question, why is McCarrick still a Cardinal? McCarrick is still a Cardinal because it’s [“it ’s 8221;̷ 0;??] a big boys club of disor...
- benedetta: His whole hearted offering of communion to pro abort pols in DC was suspicious , to say the least, particular ly in that his defense of the practice was incoherent and lacking in reason...
- Joy65: We Ordained 7 men to the Priesthood in our Diocese this morning. This gives me such GREAT hope and joy for Our Church. ALL Priests, Religious Brothers & Sisters, Deacons, Seminarian s,...
- Hidden One: If there̵ 7;s another sexually misbehavin g prelate who “eve ryone̶ 1; knows about̷ 0; I hope “som eone” ; speaks up now.
- Fr. Kelly: Dear Kenneth Since the Diocese of Lincoln is a small diocese, there may or may not be many who interpret it this way, but I am one of them, and in my interpreta tion I am in line with...
- Verygrateful1: Fr. Z, This letter uses exactly the same wording that was used to excuse McCarrick& #8217;s sex with adult men. Here’ ;s the quote from a National Catholic Register Article from...
- PostCatholic: “Unc le Ted” was an open secret for years. Richard Sipe has written extensivel y on his efforts to make the Apostolic Delegation and the Holy See under BXVI aware of very...
- robtbrown: The Astronomer says, It’s an unfortunat e fact that the Lavender Mafia (LM) is a notoriousl y well-known self-prote ctive network of actively sodomite clergy that alternativ ely...
- Amerikaner: He should be required to live out the rest of his days, in prayer and penance, in a monastery, particular ly one with the extraordin ary form.
- NBW: McCarrick should be removed. McCormick will have to stand before God Almighty for his actions, and for the souls he has damaged and scandalize d. God sees all and will judge accordingl y. As...
- robtbrown: Why is McCarrick still a Cardinal?
- robtbrown: At KU I enrolled in a course in Ancient Philosophy taught by a man who was neither Christian nor Jew. When he was speaking about the Sophists, he said they were the sociologis ts of...
- HvonBlumenthal: Would it not help if clergy were required to wear proper cassocks at all times? An SSPX priest of my acquaintan ce tells me it is a remarkably effective aid to staying on the...
- Imrahil: Well, dear Geoffrey, I think you did receive the minor order of acolyte (though not the order of subdeacon) ; the difference is that Church law draws the line between a cleric and a...
- Paul of St Paul: The Rod Dreher story and another of his I found in his twitter feed, + his readerR 17;s comments have opened mine eyes. A man like that could become a prince of the church. And...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Concerning Card. McCarrick
- URGENT UPDATE – Fr. Phillips EXONERATED! UPDATED!
- Dubious dubia about the Dubia
- JUST TOO COOL: SPACE FORCE!
- ASK FATHER: What can the acolyte do and wear?
- Day 1 #ActonU – Getting Started – Days and Deaths
- “Disinformation” and some notes about the World Council of Churches
- Catholic? Why?
- “Perdonamose!” Midsummer Snails, John’s Birthday Feast and You.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: The South
- Pres. Trump and the Brown Scapular
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: “HEY YOU!” *smack*
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Surprise article at Commonweal about participation in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Speaking of Eucharistic Processions…
- WDTPRS: 11th Ordinary Sunday – ‘firmness’ and ‘infirmity, ‘intention’ and ‘action’
- QUIZ: What is this thing? – SOLVED!
- “The finest rosaries I have ever seen” have… returned! – UPDATES
- GREEN! Photos of green vestments for Solemn Mass in production, and a pitch
- 14 June – Elisha, Old Testament Prophet: salt, bears and you.
- READER FEEDBACK to post: Why we Say The Black and Do The Red
- ASK FATHER: Validity of sacraments from a schismatic priest
- A great restoration @CathedralStPaul
- Terrific photos of traditional rite ordination in England!
- Concerning @JamesMartinSJ talking at Vatican @LaityFamilyLife sponsored @WMOF2018
- BEER @MONKSOFNORCIA PROGRESS
- Your Sunday Sermon Note Belated
- Are you downsizing? Be careful!
- Just to put your day into perspective
- ASK FATHER: Celebrate Prudence and not “Pride”!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
READER DONATIONS FROM…
- - JUNE -
To set up a recurring, monthly donation via PAYPAL (even a small one) go to the bottom of this blog and look for the drop down menu! Do you want yet another alternative to PayPal? I have set up an account with CONTINUE TO GIVE Get a link to donate via CONTINUE TO GIVE using your smart phone.
They take a larger percent taste, but they are an alternative.
Send snail mail to:
Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603 Madison, WI 53744-4603
I remember benefactors in my prayers and periodically say Mass for your intention.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
And... GO TO CONFESSION!
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Support Military Chaplains!
Visits tracked by Statcounter since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
What people say about Fr. Z
"The great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios" - Fr. John Hunwicke
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric" - Anonymous
"Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned." - Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank" "Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy" "the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'" - Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest." - Anna Arco
“Given that Rorate Coeli and Shea are mad at Fr. Z, I think it proves Fr. Z knows what he is doing and he is right.” - Comment
"Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury." - Sam Rocha
"Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night." - Comment
"A cross between Kung Fu Panda and Wolverine." - Anonymous
Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wan XD - Comment
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a scrappy blogger popular with the Catholic right. - America Magazine
RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. -Austen Ivereigh on Twitter
[T]he even more mainline Catholic Fr. Z. blog. -Deus Ex Machina
“For me the saddest thing about Father Z’s blog is how cruel it is.... It’s astonishing to me that a priest could traffic in such cruelty and hatred.” - Jesuit homosexualist James Martin to BuzzFeed
Fr. Z's is one of the more cheerful blogs out there and he is careful about keeping the crazies out of his commboxes - Paul in comment at 1 Peter 5
I am a Roman Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
I am a TLM-going Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
And I am in a state of grace today, in no small part, because of your blog.
- Tom in comment
"Thank you for the delightful and edifying omnibus that is your blog."- Reader comment.
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!