HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Lurker 59: Is it not fascinatin g how during the Middle Ages, the bishops of the Church tended to function as feudal lords and now during the modern period they function as middle management who...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Any organizati on that gives bishops an excuse not to bish needs to take its rightful place on the ash heap of history.
- Kevin: When only 30% of Catholics believe in the Real Presence 8230;.seem s to me the priorities of the USCCB over the past 50+ years have not been in the right place.
- ajf1984: Mass in the Ordinary Form at one of our beautiful basilica shrines here in WI. Father preached, inter alia, of the importance of Confession (yay!), mentioning it several times as the way...
- Henry Edwards: A monumental series of deep and beautiful reflection s on the Seven Sorrows. A lasting treasure, to return to each year hereafter for our annual September devotions to Our Lady of...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father, for this wonderful series!
- Gab: Still savouring this last meditation . This line “the Lord is comforting holy souls who died before the “fullness of time” brought to memory that wonderful painting by Gustav Dore in...
- Ms. M-S: An excellent point was made, not in but during the sermon at the TLM we attended yesterday. No doubt every word of the pastorR 17;s was worth hearing 212;they always are— but...
- JonPatrick: In the story of the prodigal son, not only was he in need of forgivenes s but also the other son who stayed behind, who had never realized how much his father loved him as well. Father...
- Elizium23: Our pastor ribbed the new deacon by saying “I was considerin g paying him some overtime because that Gospel passage was so long!̶ 1; Other than that, we received a high-qu...
- bartlep: My pastor preached about the prodigal son but what really grabbed me was his statement that he was going to preach several sessions on two Sacraments — Confession and the Eucharist. He...
- FrAnt: I thought the same thing, “Devine Mercy.” I may be in left field with the Gospel today, but I thought of Jesus the Good Shepherd, Our Blessed Mother is the woman searching for the lost coin,...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for this illuminati ng series.
- CaliCatholicGuy: 24th ordinary Sunday. Deacon preached today. He said this Sunday could easily be called Divine Mercy Sunday as all of the readings deal with the Lord being merciful. In the OT our...
- chantgirl: Thank you, Fr. Z, for these meditation s. They brought a question to my mind: The Church teaches that Mary was preserved from the stain of original sin from the first moment of concept...
- Gab: Thank you, Father, for this series on Our Lady of Sorrows. I am grateful to you for I have learned so much. Never in my wildest imaginings could I ever conceive just how much Our Lady suffer...
- abasham: This morning the tridentine mass I regularly attend was celebrated by the vocations director for the archdioces e for the military services. He preached a good homily marrying the regular...
- dbonneville: Tastes great. Less filling.
- tho: Legisperit us: Thank you, and I am in firm agreement with you.
- Benedict Joseph: Codina writes out of the void of the last sixty years of ecclesial self-decep tion. Some might term it ecclesiast ical Stockholm Syndrome. It could be regarded as comic were it not...
- Legisperitus: tho: All true, but of course the natural law is much more than just “rul es for an organizati on.” It applies to all human beings.
- Joe in Canada: Why would anyone attend this institute now? I can’ t imagine that a bishop who actually cares about the subject and is faithful to the ChurchR 17;s tradition would send...
- capchoirgirl: Thank you for this gift of a series. I agree with bartlep, these deserve to be in a book of meditation s!
- bartlep: These meditation s are so moving! In today’s Sorrow, you go from the traditiona l Pieta to the parallels of the melding of the hearts of Mary and Jesus and the stream of blood and water...
- ChrisP: The problem with Francis is not whether he is a theologian or pastor. The problem is that he and his minions don’ t care for theology, pastoral or otherwise, that predates theirs,...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
- “This is the time God chose for us. Get up off the ground!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- A roundup on Francis and “schism”
- What is the TMSM up to? Spiffing new BLACK vestments! Photos.
- Australia: New legislation – priests must violate the Seal or face jail
- What the papalatrous are doing with the term “schism”
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 3rd Sorrow – The loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down Those great strong towers of ice and steel”?
- Your Good News
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 2nd Sorrow – The Flight into Egypt
- Tech advice from readers about new computer
- “The Church of priests is coming to an end.” What’s really going on.
- On “Bullshit” and the New ‘c’atholic Red Guards
- Concerning Mutual Enrichment. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 1st Sorrow – The Prophecy of Simeon
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept is International Buy A Priest A Beer Day! #IBAPABD
- Article explains a lot about Bergoglio/Francis, Amazon Synod, connection with Liberation Theology
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: abortion
This is an interesting bit of news that touches on many point of interest as we rocket to Election Day. From an editorial in the Albuquerque Journal. Editorial: Archbishop reacts to priest’s abortion letter By Albuquerque Journal Editorial Board Wednesday, … Continue reading
Fr. Z’s Blog likes Bp. Paprocki of Springfield in the sad state of Illinois. You might recall that he did an exorcism of the whole state after the abomination of same-sex “marriage” was approved there. Bp. Paprocki talks about moral … Continue reading
I saw this Tweet and a story about this Tweet at LifeSite. Senator @timkaine: Do us both a favor. Don’t show up in my communion line. I take Canon 915 seriously. It’d be embarrassing for you & for me — … Continue reading
Justice Clarence Thomas dissented today. In his dissent to the SCOTUS majority opinion in WHOLE WOMAN’S HEALTH v. HELLERSTEDT Thomas wrote about the false principles they are using, and have been using. Here are a few excerpts from his 16 … Continue reading
When you are tempted to think that Notre Dame University can’t sink any lower… From Adam Wilson of the Cardinal Newman Society (check their feed on my right side bar) to my email: This is outrageous, and I wanted to … Continue reading
Pro-life activist Jill Stanek’s house was vandalized by pro-abortion cowards. The story is HERE. One of them threw a brick through her window with the note: “Quit the pro-life bulls**t.” It’s in a Target sack. I’ll take Irony for $1000, Alex. … Continue reading
A couple of really sad women… horrific world views… tragic consequences. First, Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi at CNS: (CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) criticized Republican attempts to defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the Affordable Care Act in … Continue reading
UPDATE 15 Oct: I received this from a trustworthy priest: I saw your post on the Mar del Plata cathedral assault. Quite frightening demonstration and disappointing response from the rector. However, the whole event may be more complicated than it … Continue reading
For the Year of Mercy the Holy Father has given to all priests the faculty to absolve from the censure that is incurred by the crime (not just sin) of successfully procuring an abortion. This has created a bit of … Continue reading
The distinguished canonist (and commentator here) Ed Peters has a useful post at his fine blog In The Light Of The Law about the distinction of the sin of abortion and the crime of abortion and the sanction/censure that can be incurred … Continue reading
Just a reminder of what you all know. The other day she said that the baby parts videos were disturbing. She now repeats that she supports Planned Parenthood, big business abortion, founded by Margaret Sanger to get rid of undesirable … Continue reading
Remember… Planned Parenthood was initiated to get rid of undesirables. Everyone… take a moment to go to Crisis and read Fr. George Rutler’s new offering. HERE A sample… Christ cannot be psychoanalyzed because he is perfect. It would be like seeking … Continue reading
Fathers and seminarians, pay attention! From a reader… The Pope is sending out special priests who can absolve abortion. Does this mean that priests are giving absolution for something they cannot? Is the absolution then invalid? What does that mean for reception of … Continue reading
Nancy “the Theologian” Pelosi… words fail! From LifeSite: Nancy Pelosi: Gay ‘marriage’ is ‘consistent’ with Catholic teaching WASHINGTON, D.C., June 2, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) — House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, says that same-sex “marriage” is perfectly “consistent” with Catholic … Continue reading
I really like this Wisconsin sheriff. From LifeSite: Black Sheriff Says if Black Lives Mattered They’d Protest at Abortion Clinics CNN’s Poppy Harlow interviewed Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke about the recent protests that some in the Black Community have sparked … Continue reading