When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Ariseyedead said It stands to reason that those who are intending t...
- haydn seeker said I go back to Ireland several times a year. I’...
- Gregg the Obscure said The Church in Ireland was persecuted quite harshly...
- Chrisc said My question is: what is the proper response for th...
- Fr Martin Fox said Father: This all reminds me of the book, The Rhine...
- SanSan said Happy Anniversary Dear Father Z……thank...
- aquinas138 said Though there is some truth to the quasi-adolescent...
- Imrahil said ad 4) As a matter of fact, they aren’t. What...
- jfk03 said The Irish church will continue to exist, but in li...
- ocalatrad said My heart wrenches over this tragedy in Ireland. It...
- TC said I notice they also have an item about a certain pr...
- LarryW2LJ said Several thoughts: 1) The Devil sure must be clicki...
- SanSan said Happy Anniversary Dear Father. How wonderful and...
- benedetta said My goodness, this all seems so very excessively cl...
- SanSan said An entire Catholic nation falls and nothing from o...
- Imrahil said Three points: 1. There is no such thing as a final...
- KevinSymonds said The Vatican has the text of his homily in Italian:...
- discens said Venerator Sti Lot questions my comparison between...
- S.Armaticus said Dear Fr. Z. I have been writing about the Synod on...
- Grumpy Beggar said JonPatrick says: “Maybe the Pope recognizes...
- Joseph-Mary said One of my all time favorite priests, Fr. Liam, was...
- Kerry said ” Then Jesus said to the twelve: Will you al...
- Supertradmum said This overturn of religion did not happen overnight...
- John F. said Pater ad multos annos
- Kerry said That island nation, defenestrated of these Druid p...
- Children are the future for...jihadists? - Jill Stanek said […] Father John Zuhlsdorf, Fr. Z’s Blo...
- JonPatrick said Maybe the Pope recognizes that this outcome is mer...
- Orphrey said Did I miss something, or did the Pope say nothing...
- Vox clamantis in deserto said Congratulations, Father! By the way, one of the pr...
- Venerator Sti Lot said gaudete & CharlesG, Thank you for the links wi...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- Brick by Brick: A priest says first public Extraordinary Form Low Mass
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: abortion
One of the dumbest things I’ve read for a while: Kelly Kultala, pro-abortion Dem candidate in Kansas
First, there is no such thing as a pro-choice Catholic.
Catholics are not free to choose what they are going to believe and what they are going to reject when the teachings are defined by the Church.
The much-vaunted Second Vatican Council … Continue reading
From a reader…
When I was very far away from the Church in apostasy, I asked a girl to take emergency contraception (not sure if she was pregnant). I knew that this was an excommunicable act, but I persisted because I … Continue reading
Pro-abortion catholics and proponents of same-sex unions have odd company.
From Life News:
Satanists seek religious exemption to pro-life laws, call gay unions their ‘sacrament’
DETROIT, MI, June 10, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Whenever the American people try to curtail abortion or maintain marriage laws, … Continue reading
MUST READ: Ed Peters on Bp. Galantino about “expressionless persons praying rosaries outside abortion clinics”
I wanted everyone to see this.
You remember the remarks made about those “expressionless” people reciting Rosaries outside abortion clinics by the Secretary of the Italian Bishops conference, His Excellency Most Rev. Nunzio Galantino. I wrote about that HERE.
Ed Peters, who … Continue reading
There was a puzzling piece at the Italian site Formiche, with comments by Bp. Nunzio Galantino, whom Pope Francis appointed as General Secretary to the Italian Bishops Conference.
Let’s see a few quotes from His Excellency:
I hope that the Italian Church … Continue reading
The Left and entities that push evil agendas will increasingly use bullying tactics and threats to silence all opposition, especially concerning Faith and morals.
Planned Parenthood ad shows up prominently in Google search for ‘Crisis Pregnancy Center’
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, May … Continue reading
The great Francis Card. Arinze, titular Cardinal Bishop of Velletri-Segni, has spoken out with his classic clarity.
To wit, check Life News:
April 29, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The question of whether Catholic politicians who support abortion should receive or be denied Holy … Continue reading
Just think! Over with the Episcopalians, Nancy Pelosi could both vote for public funding of abortion and also be a bishop at the same time! She could even the “Presiding Bishop”!
From The Washington Times with my emphases and comments:
Nancy Pelosi has embraced … Continue reading
I’ve gotta hand, once again, to Ed Peters for this great, clear, hard-hitting post at his blog In The Light Of The Law. He has no combox and so he doesn’t mind if I repost from time to time. That … Continue reading
Radio show Vicki McKenna, the Rush of MadCity (aka Madison, WI, aka 78 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality), spoke on air the other day (final hour on 25 March) about a 911 call from a Planned Parenthood Big-Business Abortion clinic which severely injured … Continue reading