- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Hans said And to your mind being a deacon in a secular profe...
- Nan said @SPM Sem. I ended up not going. I was visiting wit...
- yzerman123 said Sure, Shaw was exaggerating and over the top. But...
- Uxixu said I was a bit distracted by the lack of Creed but re...
- Gratias said Our American capitalist system, downgraded as it i...
- UncleBlobb said The emperor still has no clothes.
- midwestmom said Thank you, Father. Great voice; you could do voice...
- Joe in Canada said I do believe that the United States is the world...
- robtbrown said Hans, A bit about priests with secular professions...
- robtbrown said Hans, I forgot to answer #4. The requirements fo...
- Cafea Fruor said Maybe I’m a masculine woman, but I sure as h...
- SKAY said Unfortunately I think the fines keep going up.
- robtbrown said Uxixu says: @robtbrown. I would suggest those perc...
- robtbrown said Hans, 1. I am not arguing that I have the authori...
- Pater Raphael said Good Morning all! Have just seen your post and I w...
- smittyjr63 said PAY THE FINE PEOPLE! And save your money incase yo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I should have added that Orby Shipley’s ‘Car...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you! I have not reread this in ages! I note...
- Elizabeth D said I appreciate fib09002, especially the comment at 6...
- Elizabeth D said Jack in KC feels that my “idea that we shoul...
- MarkJ said I am dreading the day when someone decides to cele...
- Suburbanbanshee said 1. Pretty much every permanent deacon in the paris...
- Imrahil said Dear @TomD, one thing at any rate I am fairly conv...
- Imrahil said Dear @fib09002, I don’t think the dear @TomD...
- Suburbanbanshee said And no, I’m not talking about the “gay...
- Suburbanbanshee said Actually, the leaders of linguistic change in the...
- What Is a Carol? - BigPulpit.com said [...] Pentin, The Daily Reg ACLU Lawsuit Targets U...
- Uxixu said @robtbrown. I would suggest those perceptions tha...
- Lin said If the USCCB, priests, and religious would stick t...
- Fr. Bryan said I suppose that the acceptance of the cassock varie...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: abortion
Pay attention to the language in “news” reports from the MSM. There is often a rhetorical battle being waged at the level of word choices. Background on the Wisconsin story HERE.
Planned Parenthood, ACLU sue Wisconsin over abortion law
Planned Parenthood … Continue reading
Baby by baby.
Talk about a new way of thinking about “emanations from penumbras”!
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Signs Bill for Ultrasound Before Abortion
by Steven Ertelt
Today, Governor Scott Walker signed Senate Bill 206 (Sonya’s Law) into law. This important new law … Continue reading
Fr. Frank Pavone is the head of Priest For Life.
He posted an Open Letter to Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) which I reproduce here for maximum circulation. My emphases:
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Dear Mrs. Pelosi,
Last Thursday, June 13, you were asked a … Continue reading
Catholic Nancy Pelosi: Issue of late-term abortions is ‘sacred ground’
WASHINGTON, D.C., June 13, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – In response to a question today from a reporter about a late-term abortion ban that is being proposed in Congress, Democratic Minority Leader Nancy … Continue reading
About one of the things pro-abortion advocates fear the most.
From CBS58 in Wisconsin:
Wisconsin Senate pass abortion bill, ultrasounds now required
WISCONSIN — Wisconsin Senators have passed a bill that would require doctors to perform ultrasounds before performing an abortion. The bill, … Continue reading
It’s time again to break out that old fav:
The Nuns on the bus go ’round and ’round!
The last time these dissenters got on their political … hobbyhorse, they went ’round and ’round with a wymynpryst. HERE
This time they are going … Continue reading
From The Washington Examiner:
Nancy Pelosi: Kermit Gosnell case ‘really disgusting’
During her press conference this afternoon, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was asked if she was aware of the Kermit Gosnell case and asked whether Congress should hold hearings to make … Continue reading
Raymond Card. Burke, Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, is probably the expert on can. 915.
I picked this up from EWTN:
Cardinal says no communion for Irish politicians who support abortion
As the Irish parliament considers legalizing some abortions, Cardinal Raymond Burke says … Continue reading
Here’s a note of special interest to Catholic quislings who supported President Obama in both elections.
Obama tells NARAL activists to ‘celebrate’ Roe, says ‘I couldn’t be prouder’ of them
WASHINGTON, D.C., February 7, 2013, (LifeSiteNews.com) – President Barack Obama addressed … Continue reading
‘Pro-life paradigm’ motivates domestic terrorism: West Point report
BY BEN JOHNSON
WEST POINT, NY, February 4, 2013, (LifeSiteNews.com) – A study published by West Point’s anti-terrorism center claims the “pro-life paradigm” is a motivating factor in domestic terrorism.
Dr. Arie Perliger, director … Continue reading