Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Padre Pio on the Blessed Virgin Mary - BigPulpit.com said [...] Regarding the Synod, Underlying Debate Is...
- boxerpaws1952 said what if the Church just decided “if it aint...
- robtbrown said Gretta, Also: Propaganda Fide has assets valued...
- RJHighland said You know if it is to complicated for a observant J...
- robtbrown said Gretta says, But a licentiate from Catholic U.is s...
- drohan said These are pretty hilarious. However, I think the...
- Thorfinn said @Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick: “Cardinal O’Malley...
- Mandy P. said “Given this, the psychological bases for all...
- NBW said Yes, I agree. Very sad. There is a fad (at least...
- Iacobus M said Sorry, can’t deal with the cognitive dissona...
- Suburbanbanshee said Au contraire. Hello Kitty is an anthropomorphic ca...
- zag4christ said Our Mass started with the announcement that our B...
- The Astronomer said Hmmm, I wonder what spiffy pink ‘Hello Kitty...
- Genesispete said Egads !!! Does the pastor having the “smell...
- Philippa Martyr said It may be time for the Church to uncouple from the...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said Who, indeed, will give a damn? In the (probably un...
- Imrahil said second paragraph middle: Dr Peters. No intent to b...
- Imrahil said Dear msokeefe, as for married deacons, you’r...
- Venerator Sti Lot said To add another ending to those under consideration...
- gretta said robtbrown, I think you missed my point. I’m...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said Read the following paragraph again, holding in you...
- RichR said I’m sick of this whole debate. I’m sic...
- JesusFreak84 said I died laughing at the photoshops….so wrong...
- HeatherPA said But… “Hello Kitty” is too fem fo...
- MouseTemplar said Father, if you have a photo of Pope Benedict XVI i...
- FXR2 said Fr Z, I agree, but?!?! http://www.oneinchp...
- Mike said PS–I am praying for the Pope for this coming...
- Mike said Interesting comments! I would only add-which I thi...
- Papabile said dans0622…. You have made my point exactly.
- lana said In 20 years of NO Masses, I have heard several (15...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- BOOK: Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: abortion
I picked this quote up from a piece by my friend Fr. George Rutler, who recently wrote about “obsessing”.
There are those who would stifle the Pro-Life cause by calling it a single-issue obsession. Few would say that about the Abolition … Continue reading
Over at The American Catholic there is an entry by my friend The Motley Monk which needs your close reading.
An auxiliary bishop of San Francisco, Most Rev. Robert McElroy, has argued – to the delight and support of Fishwrap and … Continue reading
Repentant abortionist lays his surgical instruments at the feet of the Pope
On September 20th, during a Papal Audience, a man drew close to Pope Francis, carrying with him a somewhat suspicious looking bag. Inside were half a dozen surgical … Continue reading
People are sending me a link which they found on Pewsitter.
The ultra-radical pro-big-business abortion group NARAL committed a massive blunder in posting to their Facebook page a “thank you” card to Pope Francis for his comments in TBI™ (aka The … Continue reading
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), abortion-absolutist and these USA’s prime candidate for the proper application of can. 915, has opined on Pope Francis!
I am sure you are with child to learn of her wisdom.
You may remember Nancy from her triumphant theological … Continue reading
THURSDAY: MSM reports Francis said Church is obsessed about abortion! FRIDAY: Pope Francis talks about abortion!
You saw it all over the MSM yesterday, Thursday 19 September.
FRANCIS CRITICIZES CHURCH FOR ABORTION OBSESSION!
And endless variations on the theme.
The MSM’s message: Pope Francis is saying that abortion really isn’t all that bad.
Today, however, I read in the Bolletino … Continue reading
The Superior General of the Jesuits, Fr. Adolfo Nicholas, in an interview issued a blistering criticism of the Obama Administration regarding Syria. The whole text is on the site of Vatican Radio.
Here is the summary with my emphases:
The Jesuit General … Continue reading
I saw this on CNS (video link HERE):
Martin Luther King’s Daughter: ‘Life Begins In a Woman’s Womb’
August 26, 2013
By Penny Starr
(CNSNews.com) – Bernice King, the daughter of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., said on Thursday that “life begins in … Continue reading
Saved from abortion, Chilean twin brothers are now priests
Santiago, Chile, Aug 16, 2013 / 04:12 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Two twin brothers in Chile say that their mother’s determination in protecting them from abortion despite the advice of doctors helped … Continue reading
Irish Govt. to force Catholics to perform abortions. Law allows for no exception or conscience objection.
From the Dignitatis Humanae Institute:
Irish Government Set To Compel Catholic Doctors To Perform Abortions
Rome, 16 August 2013
“Even nations with the most permissive abortion laws do not normally go so far as to trample on the basic right to conscientious objection.” … Continue reading