Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JonPatrick said Yes Anglican Chant can be wonderful – if onl...
- DonL said NBC appears to be tying this new authority to exco...
- Devo35 said I have to agree with Everett. During my time at th...
- SPWang said …Did B16 write this? It seems like a continu...
- SPWang said A most beautiful and definitive document…
- PA mom said This is brilliant! phlogiston – I like how...
- phlogiston said I seem to remember the discussion of Bishop Morlin...
- pmullane said Huzzah, thank you Holy Father!! The SSPX news is w...
- Scott W. said The Fishwrap has posted on this now. They get it w...
- JamesM said Elly – a priest cannot absolve someone from...
- Back pew sitter said Further to my previous question: On reflection, t...
- pelerin said I looked at the link given by Dave P as I have nev...
- Elly said I thought there were no more “reserved sins&...
- JamesM said Dear Father – I can’t see how a Pope w...
- DonL said Of course “black lives matter.” You ca...
- Back pew sitter said Very good news indeed. Father Z, would this also...
- JamesM said I think this very clearly proves that the SSPX are...
- Legisperitus said On Vulcan we have a saying: Only Francis could re...
- Legisperitus said Nothing he hasn’t done before on a larger sc...
- Legisperitus said Whoa! I had to double-check that it wasn’t...
- Legisperitus said It’s a stark contrast how the media are alwa...
- MrTipsNZ said I really fear for the soul of George Soros. He see...
- Athelstan said I was pleased to see Fr. Rutler’s apologetic...
- Thomas Stewart said Traveling members of a Fantasy Curia League anxiou...
- everett said While I understand concerns about authority, for u...
- RafqasRoad said I attended our eveni’ng mass this Sunday pas...
- WYMiriam said Why not rename Washington DC? The moniker “...
- WYMiriam said wmeyer: “A new low, and yet, not so much of...
- RafqasRoad said Jack, Labrador Retrievers are also a proof that Go...
- visigrad said A comment on the comments….y”all crack...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (105)
- CAPTION CALL (41)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (39)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (35)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (25)
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much (21)
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns (19)
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company! (17)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- POPE FRANCIS FOR YEAR OF MERCY GRANTS THAT SSPX PRIESTS CAN VALIDLY ABSOLVE!
- ACORN promotes the Black Lives Matter thing
- Rename Washington DC while you’re at it!
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Texas Deputy Murdered for being LEO
- CAPTION CALL
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Welcome Aboard New Registrants!
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns
- My View For While: Domum
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: images of armies
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: abortion
Form Reuters: U.S. Supreme Court declines to block Texas abortion law (Reuters) – A split U.S. Supreme Court declined on Tuesday to block implementation of a new abortion law in Texas that already has prompted a dozen clinics in the … Continue reading
I picked this quote up from a piece by my friend Fr. George Rutler, who recently wrote about “obsessing”. There are those who would stifle the Pro-Life cause by calling it a single-issue obsession. Few would say that about the … Continue reading
From ProLife.org.uk: Repentant abortionist lays his surgical instruments at the feet of the Pope On September 20th, during a Papal Audience, a man drew close to Pope Francis, carrying with him a somewhat suspicious looking bag. Inside were half a … Continue reading
People are sending me a link which they found on Pewsitter. The ultra-radical pro-big-business abortion group NARAL committed a massive blunder in posting to their Facebook page a “thank you” card to Pope Francis for his comments in TBI™ (aka … Continue reading
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), abortion-absolutist and these USA’s prime candidate for the proper application of can. 915, has opined on Pope Francis! I am sure you are with child to learn of her wisdom. You may remember Nancy from her … Continue reading
THURSDAY: MSM reports Francis said Church is obsessed about abortion! FRIDAY: Pope Francis talks about abortion!
You saw it all over the MSM yesterday, Thursday 19 September. FRANCIS CRITICIZES CHURCH FOR ABORTION OBSESSION! And endless variations on the theme. The MSM’s message: Pope Francis is saying that abortion really isn’t all that bad. Today, however, I … Continue reading
The Superior General of the Jesuits, Fr. Adolfo Nicholas, in an interview issued a blistering criticism of the Obama Administration regarding Syria. The whole text is on the site of Vatican Radio. Here is the summary with my emphases: The … Continue reading
I saw this on CNS (video link HERE): Martin Luther King’s Daughter: ‘Life Begins In a Woman’s Womb’ August 26, 2013 By Penny Starr (CNSNews.com) – Bernice King, the daughter of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., said on Thursday … Continue reading
From CNA: Saved from abortion, Chilean twin brothers are now priests Santiago, Chile, Aug 16, 2013 / 04:12 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Two twin brothers in Chile say that their mother’s determination in protecting them from abortion despite the advice of … Continue reading
Irish Govt. to force Catholics to perform abortions. Law allows for no exception or conscience objection.
From the Dignitatis Humanae Institute: Irish Government Set To Compel Catholic Doctors To Perform Abortions Rome, 16 August 2013 “Even nations with the most permissive abortion laws do not normally go so far as to trample on the basic right … Continue reading