Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Andkaras said So wonderfully done . Who edited this piece? There...
- MaryW said Thank you, Father. Hope you are on the mend. So...
- Charles E Flynn said The remarkably brief treatment of the subject of p...
- Sonshine135 said Wow! What a beautiful explanation of the Extraordi...
- Charles E Flynn said The frequency for the CHU 7335 kHz transmitter was...
- Siculum said @Elizium23: Ha-ha, and hear, hear.
- Lepidus said Glad you mentioned Luke 23 Father!!!!
- Charles E Flynn said When I was a child, I would turn on the vacuum tub...
- Marcus 22 said You can also see additional photos of the Pontific...
- Sonshine135 said Thanks you Father. I can tell you were not feeling...
- ByzCath08 said Very nice. He seems to be a friend of the EF. Go...
- Sonshine135 said @Elizium23 “Hey guys, can’t the EF be offere...
- Nan said Rev. Willie Bacote is from the Church of the Missi...
- Sonshine135 said Continued prayers for you Father Z. Please get som...
- Ben Yanke said The Extraordinary Ordinary™ strikes again.
- joan ellen said Just prayed 3 Hail Marys for you Fr.
- jhayes said Jflare wrote Now, it’s possible that circumstances...
- Suburbanbanshee said (facepalm) High heels and high platform shoes were...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. Z., sometimes, it just can’t be done....
- cpttom said Cantor, Blunt for bunt. Donahue in this article,...
- Gerard Plourde said I reviewed my Archdiocese’s (Philadelphia) w...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Thank you for these Lenten reflections. I think I...
- J Kusske said I’m heading in to Divine Liturgy at the Russ...
- acardnal said Fr. Z, et al, do not forget to set your clock one...
- MaryAgnesLamb said Just saw this, Father, so prayers commencing now!
- JNVA said Thank you, Father!
- Dave N. said What’s “left to fix” are the bis...
- JoyfulMom7 said Sub tuum praesidium confugimus, Sancta Dei Genetri...
- Cantor said Forgive my bluntness, but Mr. Donahue’s cont...
- Bea said Prayers for you . Take care of yourself, Father. C...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: absolution
From a reader:
I went to confession on Good Friday at my parish Church. I had a new Priest who I had never seen before, a Jesuit, [Oh dear.] young, [Oh dear oh dear.] from south Asia [Oh dear oh dear … Continue reading
From a reader:
This past Saturday afternoon, I went to confession (or, rather, I tried to go to confession). The good news is that the line was full of penitents. There were at least 25 people waiting in front of me … Continue reading
Every once in a while I get an email asking for the Act of Contrition in Latin.
I am not sure why one would want to say her Act of Contrition in Latin. It seems to me that the Act is … Continue reading
It is Saturday during Lent.
Please think about going to confession.
You might consider offering to give a ride to someone who is shut-in or without transportation.
Technorati Tags: absolution, confession, religion, sacrament of penance
BISHOPS & PRIESTS: a revival of the Sacrament of Penance is critical for a revival of our Catholic identity.
It is critical to our identity as Catholics to revive the use of the Sacrament of Penance. I think there are some moves in that direction on the part of younger priests, but we need also a grassroots effort … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father, back in a “former life” I committed the grave sin of assisting a young lady I knew in grad school to commit an abortion. I regretted it from the start and within a year I had gone … Continue reading
I post the following email from a reader not so much because this blog helped someone to get back to confession as… well… errrr… because this blog helped someone get back to confession.
Now I post this as an example to … Continue reading
From a reader:
I understand that the Sacrament of the anointing is not the same as the apostolic pardon. Why is it that some priests do not say those words for this pardon and give both the blessing and the pardon? … Continue reading
Subsequent to my review of the new iPhone app to help with (not substitute for) sacramental confession and absolution of sins, I have received some questions about absolution over the internet and even some challenges proposing that it is valid.
No. … Continue reading