Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Father Totton: I would re-iterate the importance of witnesses and legal and canonical representa tion! Fathers, if you are summoned to such a meeting by your V.G. or your bishop, get a civil lawyer...
- aegsemje: I am a NICU nurse, and was sent to an ethics class after disagreein g with the management and doctors when they allowed a baby to die when he could easily have been saved, but the milli...
- MrsAnchor: Another issue w/ this Psychologi cal Profiling& #8230;. Why can’t these Priests visit Dr Ray Guarendi and his kind for an Evaluation /Release?
- mepoindexter: Pray for our Latin Mass community.
- MrsAnchor: Priest Holes & stop funding the Diocese’s that have corruption as High as the Bishops that oversee them. Thats what I’ve been saying since the Fr Gavancho incident 8230;. Ireland...
- mepoindexter: It’s not just the priests. We get this at the parish level. God forbid you try to be a faithful Catholic, improve our often lothesome lot. Once you get found out, you get shadow...
- TonyO: I have an alternativ e idea to some of the other good ideas here. Maybe it’s not a great idea, I would welcome some feedback. Do some groundwork now, before you have a problem. Almost...
- Ademar: JMJ Regarding Cdl. CupichR 17;s removing Fr. Kalchik 217;s faculties, would the wrongness of the Cardinal 8217;s motive ipso facto render his removal of said faculties invalid: that...
- Fr. Reader: Creepy.
- eymard: I had asked earlier on this forum: [ Question: If Fr. Kalchik’s faculties are removed by Cupich, can Fr. Kalchik be invited into another diocese with restoratio n of faculties? Could Bishop...
- The Egyptian: Not to be glib, but this almost puts Dan Brown to shame, all that is missing is the assassin albino monks. Truly wish there was a SSPX chapel near me, I always thought that Cincinn...
- crjs1: Please pray for my older sister C who is pregnant with her second child and is having a difficult pregnancy. Please pray also for my mother D and younger sister C who both live with long-s...
- Benedict Joseph: There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that your assessment is absolutely correct. The soft science of psychology and the admonition to obedience in the face of hetero...
- teomatteo: No. I am not going to believe that a bishop would use the medical profession in a way to purposely compromise another personR 17;s integrity. That is just too diabolical to believe. I...
- Sawyer: Yeah, I’ve heard about Gregory. Lots of people have. No secret there.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): The liberals have weaponized obedience, while exempting themselves from its strictures .
- Christine: What if there was a group of lawyers and psychologi sts that formed something similar to the Home School Legal Defense Associatio n but specifical ly for traditiona l priests that are...
- rdowhower: I don’ t think it’s inexplicab le that Gregory would invite him. It’s quite obvious. Perhaps Fr. Z was winking when he wrote that line.
- teachermom24: How would one (ç est moi) who happens to be in Rome at this time find you? I just ordered my ticket for the Friday meeting.
- MrsMacD: For the S family to pay down their debt. For Fr. C who seems to be having a personal crisis of some kind. For the J family, who’ s baby is still in intensive care and in a coma after...
- aviva meriam: Deo Gratias for prayers answered. I pray daily for priests in particular for the two priests crucial for their guidance and assistance in my reversion. (Fr. JS and Fr. PI) Please pray...
- SPWang: “Sen d your diocesan donations to the TMSM. Money and bad press are about the only things some of these people understand .” This is not a silly idea. The formation, or use of a...
- Michael: Please pray mightily for RR whose body has severe chemical and food allergies and sensitivit ies to the point where only 5-6 foods can be eaten and tolerated and which has caused a weight...
- Kathleen10: I’m a middle-age d woman and my income is absolutely key. I’ve had to work hard all my adult life and there never has been enough money, I’m always behind and strugg...
- Ivan: “ 230;incrim inated by “jus tice” ;, for having posted this “vio lent” ; photo ([about ISIS] even if already seen and published) , now the Prosecutor ̵...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 25 September: Bl. Herman “the Cripple”
- In Atlanta protests about @JamesMartinSJ upcoming talk – #sodoclericalism
- Read and weep: Soviet style “psych” tactics used against priests by bishops.
- When they claim “Clericalism!”, they really mean #sodoclericalism
- My View For Awhile: Humidity Edition
- ASK FATHER: Is a Communion plate or paten a “sacred vessel”?
- OCTOBER – ROME – Annual #SumPont2018 Pilgrimage
- Thanks to Augustus on his birthday and to the Cohors Italicus
- If government leaders in China can now choose bishops, then in these USA…
- Francis trades quips with Polish photographer in Vilnius
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Archbp. Chaput of @ArchPhilly on upcoming Synod’s working document. Concerns.
- UPDATE – @ArchChicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- THIS IS WAR! Wherein Fr. Z calls on bishops and priests to FIGHT BACK as priests and bishops!
- Akita, Communion in the hand, and homosexuality
- Card. Zen on the “Provisional Agreement” with the PRC on Bishops
- WDTPRS – 25th Ordinary Sunday: Each love fuels the other, when love of God is first.
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on aspects of The Present Crisis
- ASK FATHER: Adding water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: If in letters Benedict XVI imparts still the Apostolic Blessing…
- A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Acton Institute
Here is a public service announcement. I received this from ACTON INSTITUTE:
Now Accepting Applications for the 2018 Novak Award
There is a little over two months left to apply for the Acton Institute’s esteemed Novak Award. The deadline to apply for the … Continue reading
I received this from a nice people at ACTON INSTITUTE:
We have a free conference event coming up in Washington, D.C. this Wednesday. Father Sirico will be speaking at it, as well as Dr. Sam Gregg. HERE
[The topic is Reclaiming the … Continue reading
Originally posted on: Nov 20, 2017 @ 11:03
In my text chats one of my interlocutors proposed:
“Get someone from ACTON INSTITUTE to make a list of 10 questions that any bishop or priest should be able to answer correctly BEFORE opining about economic … Continue reading
Great VIDEO @ActonInstitute – @DrSamuelGregg on threats faced by religious believers around the world
Here is a sample of the content of Acton University.
Samuel Gregg, Director of Research at the Acton Institute, delivers the opening plenary lecture of Acton University 2017 at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Gregg’s lecture focuses on the … Continue reading
Having concluded the festivities and intelllectual enhancement with Acton U, I turn my nose westward along with that of my car.
As part of the adventure, and to avoid lots of construction around Chicago I’ve opted for the ferry from Muskegon … Continue reading
Day 2 started, as always, with Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form.
In another room, there is the Ordinary Form (I think they use electric piano over there). There is also, this year, an Orthodox Prayer service and a Protestant.
Day 2 … Continue reading
We have gathered again in Grand Rapids MI for Acton University 2017.
Once again there is a huge and diverse group from all over the world.
Tonight we have registered and greeted lots of old friends and now our first event is … Continue reading
I learned this from Acton Institute’s PowerBlog:
Theologian, public intellectual, and close friend of the Acton Institute, Michael J. Novak Jr., passed away last night on February 16, 2017. Acton Institute President Rev. Robert A. Sirico reflects on the passing of … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Robert Sirico of ACTON INSTITUTE was one with Fox News’ Neil Cavuto for coverage of the Prayer Service the day after President Trump’s inauguration.
Fr. Sirico and ACTON INSTITUTE make lefty catholics such as those at the Fishwrap … Continue reading
Did you see the comments which Our Holy Father made about money, capitalism, etc?
Fr. Robert Sirico of ACTON INSTITUTE is well situated to add some comments of his own about money, capitalism, etc., to build on what the Holy Father … Continue reading
Like a bad commercial jingle that has become annoying ear worm, libs such as the catholic writers at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) accuse anyone who favors expansive, dynamic free markets of being a Randian who hates the poor and – *GASP* … Continue reading
I am presently reading Lord Acton by Roland Hill. US HERE UK HERE It was highly recommended to me by Fr. Robert Sirico of ACTON INSTITUTE.
I found this passage, which deals with Acton’s most famous quote, relevant to one of the candidates … Continue reading
On the heels of my post earlier today about bad Catholics, on the one hand, and the oblivious who drift (or dash) into some amorphous new “religion”, on the other, I note that Fr. Robert Sirico of Acton Institute has … Continue reading
This year’s Acton University ended with bang. Peter Kreeft gave a talk on the last day in which he made some great comments about music, including music used in church.
Dr. Kreeft, a long-time prof at Boston College, began by speaking … Continue reading
This time, my view for a while involved a windshield and, for a long stretch of Illinois and Indiana, Krazy Kaplan discount fireworks signs. I mean, there were literally dozens of big billboards, one after another.
A bird’s eye view of … Continue reading