Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Blas: Do flying companies allow married workers fly the same plane?
- jbazchicago: individual
- Grant M: It’s the Gretna Greening of the Catholic Church.
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Acton University
Great VIDEO @ActonInstitute – @DrSamuelGregg on threats faced by religious believers around the world
Here is a sample of the content of Acton University.
Samuel Gregg, Director of Research at the Acton Institute, delivers the opening plenary lecture of Acton University 2017 at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Gregg’s lecture focuses on the … Continue reading
Day 2 started, as always, with Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form.
In another room, there is the Ordinary Form (I think they use electric piano over there). There is also, this year, an Orthodox Prayer service and a Protestant.
Day 2 … Continue reading
We have completed the first full day.
I gave my lecture today on Augustine and the City of Man.
A view of the great deco/liberty hall in the older portion of the otherwise state of art facility. I always like walking through … Continue reading
We have gathered again in Grand Rapids MI for Acton University 2017.
Once again there is a huge and diverse group from all over the world.
Tonight we have registered and greeted lots of old friends and now our first event is … Continue reading
This year’s Acton University ended with bang. Peter Kreeft gave a talk on the last day in which he made some great comments about music, including music used in church.
Dr. Kreeft, a long-time prof at Boston College, began by speaking … Continue reading
Day 2 (aka 1st full day) of Acton U was replete – as always – with great presentations. In the afternoon, I went to a talk about the Benedictine Option. This is not about the arrangement of candles and Crucifix on … Continue reading
We are getting into the swing of things now at Acton U.
This morning we began with Mass (in the Extraordinary Form.. OF is also offered). Then I joined a group of business leaders for breakfast and some discussion. The … Continue reading
I am off to Acton University today. My view for a while today will involve a steering wheel and lots of interstate, including a goodly portion of Chicago, where I expect bad traffic.
Good for the Blackhawks, by the way.
So, it’s … Continue reading
We are in the second full day of Acton U. Yesterday was tiring, but great.
This morning we had Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form for the Feast of Corpus Christi. We considered for a moment having a short Eucharistic … Continue reading
I am in Grand Rapids, MI for the annual gathering of Acton University, several days of lectures and presentations on many topics. People of various faiths come from all over the world for this. When I picked up my registration … Continue reading
Off I go for another adventure.
I awoke to the sounds of thunder and a civil defense siren last night. I see that there was a tornado somewhere. I have yet to learn the details.
I am aware that a town in … Continue reading
Yesterday evening we heard a talk from Marina Nemat, who had been tortured in an Iranian prison. She spoke about her faith.
Then a few of us watched the last period, etc. of the Bruins/Hawks game. Sigh.
This morning, after … Continue reading
At Acton University (follow tweets #ActonU) we are having a “blogger luncheon” and Samuel Gregg is addressing us.
Gregg is making brief remarks and answering questions about his recent book Becoming Europe: Economic Decline, Culture, and How America Can Avoid a … Continue reading
I am once again participating in Acton University. This is a wonderful few days.
There are swarms of people this year, I think last night the announcer said 1300 people from 85 countries.
Fr. Robert Sirico gave the opening address.
Over the years … Continue reading