HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: (EF) Jesus interrupte d the victory march of death.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I don’t think I properly understood what the “mystery of faith” referred to until either the new English translatio n of the Roman Missal came out, or I attended my first...
- chantgirl: A few thoughts: I have often wondered about the chaplet of Divine Mercy, because the way it is worded, the laity basically offer the sacrifice of Christ on the cross to the Father....
- exNOAAman: Lol’ d at the young man’ s subtle “rig id” crack. Watch the video all the way to the end for some great music.
- ChrisP: I’m starting to wonder if FrbMartinn is a flat earther. They haven̵ 7;t received the news that the earth is round either. Into your rocket Fr Martin, prove the Greeks right!
- Fr_Sotelo: Archbishop Chaput has publicly addressed Fr. MartinR 17;s subtle encouragem ent of gay unions, and has clearly corrected this, and has stated that Martin doesn̵ 7;t speak for the...
- Glennonite: Wow. Yes. Outstandin g.
- Dan: I, just recently, like about an hour ago, had the privilege of joining these monks for vespers in their temporary chapel. Beautiful and edifying are words that do not touch the experience . I...
- Benedict Joseph: When with integrity we are all adhering to the perennial Magisteriu m of the Roman Catholic Church such disagreeme nts are nonexisten t. Who, in this case, is adhering to the...
- Sandy: Father, this is quite a thought provoking and excellent essay. (I love PascalR 17;s wager, for one thing.) All of the points you have made are very real and pertinent for our times. I...
- Semper Gumby: SanSan: God bless you and your husband- what an excellent pilgrimage . Our genial host has several posts and videos about the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe and Cardinal Burke.
- Fr. Kelly: The Dominicans have a better, healthier version of this advice: Seldom Affirm. Never Deny. Always Distinguis h.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z and also to L for the link to a classic Bellarmine article at the Register. “At a time when many Americans have lost touch with both the historical and philoso...
- Semper Gumby: Rule of St. Benedict, Prologue: “Lis ten my son, and turn the ear of thine heart to the precepts of thy Master. Receive readily, and faithfully carry out the advice of a loving...
- SanSan: Thank you Father. A thought provoking piece. I’m with you. The EF of the Mass is powerful worship and possibly a “res trainer 221;. Praying for all our clergy and religi...
- SanSan: I really enjoyed this video and shared it with many. My husband and I just returned from WI where we attended Mass at St. Marys at Pine Bluff (we were hoping to see you, but it wasn...
- Liz: Thank you for the video about the Carmelites , Father. It’s much appreciate d!
- Kerry: Anita Moore, Oh yes, thrive again!
- Kerry: Katherine said, “ 230;over gracious and timid̶ 1;. Not timid, harmless as doves. It seems to me Fr. MartinR 17;s modus operandi is to call those who disagree with him names...
- Hugh: Archbishop Chaput: “Fin ally, Father Martin and I emphatical ly agree that persons with same-sex attraction are children of God and well loved by him.” ; My two cents: Yes, indeed,...
- HvonBlumenthal: It will be interestin g to see if, the next time Fr. Martín wants to schedule a lecture in Mgr Chaput’s Archdioces e, the Archbishop lets him.
- Kathleen10: You know Fr. Z there is so much in this post to ponder, I will keep it to refer to it. Most interestin g, in fact, what could be more interestin g! I wish I could express how much this...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I’ve never thought of the Restrainer being traditiona l worship, but it does make sense. I have long thought the existence of the August Sacrifice, even in a mutilated form,...
- JMody: So can’ t we say that Reinhard Card. Marx is at least as SCHISMATIC as Abp. Lefebvre/B ishop Fellay? Isn’ t he saying “I recognize you as the head of the Church but I am...
- Gab: Beautifull y done and superb content.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 22 Sept 2019
- ASK FATHER: Grandparents were Masons. Is there demonic attachment now for generations?
- @JamesMartinSJ responds to Archbp. Chaput via @CatholicPhilly
- The Restrainer of 2 Thessalonians, Liturgy and the End Times. Wherein Fr. Z speculates and rants.
- “Empires perish. Tradition endures” – VIDEO about the Traditional Latin Mass, Usus Antiquior
- Project to fast and pray for the Church! It’s Ember Friday in September. DO IT!
- NEW BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia
- A revert and the power of a good confession: “I left like a new man.”
- An old Jesuit advised Francis: “Think clearly, but speak obscurely.”
- Tall Poppy Syndrome and two American Bishops
- The priest’s voice and the “priest voice” during Holy Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The true “pseudo-schismatic” Church in Germany
- Idea for the Pan-Amazonian #Synod2019
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Acton University
I’ve been to a lot of conferences. Often, things get behind schedule due to lack of planning and discipline (which is disrespectful of the participants and speakers). None of that at Acton University! Things run on time. You never have … Continue reading
Once again I have the pleasure of participating in Acton Institute’s summer event, Acton University, several days of outstanding lectures and meeting people from dozens of countries and varying walks of life and religions. Getting here wasn’t easy this time. … Continue reading
Great VIDEO @ActonInstitute – @DrSamuelGregg on threats faced by religious believers around the world
Here is a sample of the content of Acton University. Description: Samuel Gregg, Director of Research at the Acton Institute, delivers the opening plenary lecture of Acton University 2017 at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Gregg’s lecture focuses … Continue reading
Day 2 started, as always, with Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form. In another room, there is the Ordinary Form (I think they use electric piano over there). There is also, this year, an Orthodox Prayer service and a Protestant. … Continue reading
We have completed the first full day. I gave my lecture today on Augustine and the City of Man. A view of the great deco/liberty hall in the older portion of the otherwise state of art facility. I always like … Continue reading
We have gathered again in Grand Rapids MI for Acton University 2017. Once again there is a huge and diverse group from all over the world. Tonight we have registered and greeted lots of old friends and now our first … Continue reading
This year’s Acton University ended with bang. Peter Kreeft gave a talk on the last day in which he made some great comments about music, including music used in church. Dr. Kreeft, a long-time prof at Boston College, began by … Continue reading
Day 2 (aka 1st full day) of Acton U was replete – as always – with great presentations. In the afternoon, I went to a talk about the Benedictine Option. This is not about the arrangement of candles and Crucifix on … Continue reading
We are getting into the swing of things now at Acton U. This morning we began with Mass (in the Extraordinary Form.. OF is also offered). Then I joined a group of business leaders for breakfast and some discussion. … Continue reading
I am off to Acton University today. My view for a while today will involve a steering wheel and lots of interstate, including a goodly portion of Chicago, where I expect bad traffic. Good for the Blackhawks, by the way. … Continue reading
We are in the second full day of Acton U. Yesterday was tiring, but great. This morning we had Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form for the Feast of Corpus Christi. We considered for a moment having a short … Continue reading
I am in Grand Rapids, MI for the annual gathering of Acton University, several days of lectures and presentations on many topics. People of various faiths come from all over the world for this. When I picked up my registration … Continue reading
Off I go for another adventure. I awoke to the sounds of thunder and a civil defense siren last night. I see that there was a tornado somewhere. I have yet to learn the details. I am aware that a … Continue reading