"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- z4g.mug said The Guido Reni picture of St Philip Neri in ecstas...
- AVL said Seersucker is old-timey, and that is exactly what...
- Grateful to be Catholic said There used to be a pretty good gelato shop on the...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Yes, I was taking “vetustate confecta tutior...
- Choirgirl said paladin: As the ad in the sidebar *should* say: W...
- stephen c said “vetustate tutiore restituit” ablativ...
- Grateful to be Catholic said I read the inscription as: “Alexander VI, Su...
- stephen c said “Alexander the Sixth,Pontifex Maximus, Nepos...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Can you make it out? Have a try!” Me...
- Oh the humanity! | The Average Catholic said [...] Father Z takes a playful dig at Michael Vori...
- stephen c said Alexander VI Pont Max (Alexander the Sixth, Pontif...
- mburn16 said Should have cropped the inscription for the coat-o...
- StnyPtGuy said Is the Father Lawrence DiNardo mentioned in the Bi...
- Philippa Martyr said Oh, man. I’m with you on this one, Father....
- Venerator Sti Lot said Oops!: “when his uncle was” (I have he...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The English Wikipedia article on him has three mor...
- Andrew said Restant nunc ad Christi fidem virtutis insignia, q...
- Venerator Sti Lot said In his 1910 Catholic Encyclopedia article, John Go...
- robtbrown said Uxixu says: Actually, robtbrown, Ministeria Quaed...
- acardnal said Bishop Tobin in the same article also said, “...
- acardnal said Interesting support for robtbrown’s theory r...
- Michael_Thoma said My 79 year dear ol mum loves the suit and the tie....
- Arele said Helen was gracious enough to take my phone calls t...
- Giuseppe said Thanks, Truthfinder, And, of course, it seems that...
- ejcmartin said Quebec separatists resorted to violence in the 196...
- The Cobbler said Clinton R., Considering the history of the Hagia S...
- friarpark said The bovine Option for the maniple perhaps.
- The Cobbler said You know, it would be pretty funny if Pope Francis...
- truthfinder said Giuseppe, no. The canonizations of the last coupl...
- anachy said Forgive me if I’m underwhelmed by this news....
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: ad limina
On Saturday 17 November Pope Benedict granted an audience to French bishops during their ad limina visit. The Holy Father addressed them about, inter alia, liturgy.
[...] As the Council recalls, the Church’s liturgical action is also a part of her contribution … Continue reading →
His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI gave an audience to American bishops (MN, ND, SD) making their ad limina visit. His last address – on the eve of Pres. Obama’s attack on the religious liberty of the Catholic Church – was … Continue reading →
Card. George writes about unity, Pres. Obama’s attacks, and Catholics who don’t stand with the bishops.
Card. George of Chicago offers observations about the present situation we face as a Church in the United States even as the President of the United States attacks the Church.
He first speaks about the “ad limina” visit he is making … Continue reading →
PODCAzT 126: Benedict XVI’s important address to US Bishops on Religious Freedom and the Church in the Public Square
In this PODCAzT we drill into an important address given by Pope Benedict XVI on 19 January 2012 to the bishops of Regions 4-6 in the United States.
This was Benedict’s second major discourse to US bishops who are making their ad limina … Continue reading →
Benedict XVI important address to US Bishops of Regions IV-VI about attacks on religious liberty in the public square
This is important.
The US bishops are this year making their over-due ad limina visits. The Holy Father generally gives an address to groups of bishops when they come.
Benedict XVI spoke to the bishops of Regions IV-VI in the USA. He … Continue reading →
The Holy Father delivered the following address to the bishops of the USA (regions I-II-III) during their ad limina visit.
Let’s have a glance with my emphases and comments.
Dear Brother Bishops,
I greet you all with affection in the Lord and, through … Continue reading →
Every five years bishops are required to make an ad limina apostolorum pilgrimage to Rome to visit the "thresholds" and the tombs of the Apostles Peter and Paul and to meet with the Holy Father and Curia for status quaestionis … Continue reading →
Not quite sure what to do with this, but…
In other news, I understand that some important ad limina visits have recently been concluded.
First… read this:
In a social milieu that encourages the expression of a variety of opinions on every question that arises, it is important to recognize dissent for what it is, and not to mistake it for a mature contribution to … Continue reading →