Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Magdalen Ross: Storm across Ireland: https://ww w.irishexa miner.com/ examviral/ lightning- hits-irela nd-in-stri king-show- of-force-8 45340.html
- JabbaPapa: robtbrown, sorry for the tardiness in my response — if it helps, it was from some final acts of penance and contrition , that took an unusually long time on my own part and in my...
- vetusta ecclesia: The lightening disabled for some hours London Stansted Airport the UK HQ of Ryanair
- JabbaPapa: It’s interestin g — it is very, very hard to provide any genuinely orthodox teaching about the Trinity Himself, or even just about the Trinitaria n theology, without, even...
- SanSan: May God continue to bless you and keep you! Your instructio n has been so valuable to my faith. Thank you Fr. Z.
- Kevin: Irish Catholic Archbishop of Dublin Dr Diarmuid Martin has just thrown all the incredible pro life warriors who canvassed and rallied in Ireland for the unborn over the last eleven years,...
- poohbear: Congratula tions on your anniversar y! Praying for many, many more.
- Malta: I swear I think we are in for a terrible pounding from heaven. My name on here is “Mal ta” because I plan on moving there. I’m a Navy Vet. and former FBI Agent, but I have...
- Malta: This is a Pope of contradict ions. If he was really concerned about the sin that “Cri es out to Heaven for Justice 221; he wouldnR 17;t make a few of the other statements he...
- Malta: I studied the European Union at Trinity College, Dublin. I knew back in 2001 that the Maastricht Treaty was eventually going to pave the way to legalize abortion throughout all of Europe. I...
- stephen c: Thanks Father Zuhlsdorf, for your years of service. You know this, I am sure, and most Christians whose life has been devoted to a vocation such as yours (priests, nuns, monks, and...
- Sword40: May I add my Congratula tions, and a hardy Semper Fidelis !
- LeeGilbert: As multos annos, Padre! Thank you for saying yes when the Lord called you to become a priest, for making all the requisite sacrifices then and now, for all that you put into your...
- Sword40: After much frustratio n waiting for the video techs to correct their problems, we were treated to a magnificen t Ordination Mass, complete with lots of electronic glitches via the video...
- kat: Happy Anniversar y Father! May God continue to bless you and your apostolate . Prayers for you!
- Elizabeth D: At the Madison transition al deacons 217; ordination last night Bishop Morlino 217;s homily instructed the men to be ordained deacons (Stephen and Lawrence, I kid you not) that...
- Deacon Jason: If memory serves, the OF rubrics for matrimony outside of Mass also optionally allow the use of a dalmatic with the alb and stole in lieu of a cope.
- jose.a.0121: It brings great joy to see and hear a bishop or a priest speak to the flock clearly about truth and the teachings of our Lord. It shows that he is truly concerned about their eternal...
- Kevin: To PostCathol ic In a few years they’ ;ll be insisting the church accept their kids for the ‘fun days out’ like Baptism, First Holy Communion, and Confirmati on. That...
- majuscule: mater101 expressed my exact sentiments only more clearly than I could have!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Snark? Not at all! I’m truly interested in what they have to say!
- Mike: Rigorous honesty and candor no more distinguis h the sycophants of the throne of Peter than they do its current occupant. In a few days they and he will be back to bashing the traditiona l...
- tamranthor: That right there is some Class A Number One snark, Father. Well done. :)
- Clinton R.: Congratula tions on your priestly anniversar y, Father. Thank you so much for you concern for the state of our souls, especially reminding us to GO TO CONFESSION !. May God bless you...
- APX: I remember once making an appointmen t to make a General confession over a half hour before the regular time, only to have some other woman who came to the church early walk into the confess...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Trinity Sunday 2018 – and ASK FATHER: “Trinitini” martini
- Ireland votes pro-abortion for Trinity Sunday, the heavens respond
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- Did the catholic Left and homosexualists ignore Pope Francis’ words about seminarians?
- Bp. Morlino’s clear commencement address: “let’s be politically incorrect”
- LIVE VIDEO of FSSP priesthood ordinations
- URGENT PRAYER – IRELAND
- Fr. Z’s 27th Anniversary of Ordination
- MADISON 31 May – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne and Procession
- Concerning innovations
- ASK FATHER: Deacons vesting in dalmatics for concelebrations
- ASK FATHER: How do we get the TLM where we are?
- Card. Arinze: If you want Communion, become a Catholic
- ASK FATHER: When to make an appointment for confession
- ASK FATHER: Sorting out confusing, contradictory messages from priests
- Wherein Fr. Z assigns some worthwhile reading
- Met “Gay-la” and new movie. Coincidence? I think not.
- ASK FATHER: Forgetting sins during confession
- Day Of Prayer For The Church In China
- Pope Francis on homosexual seminarians: This bridge is closed!
- My View For Awhile: Urban Devastation Edition
- Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
- Interview about Honduran Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: ADVENT
UPDATE: I link to the correct audio file now. SORRY!
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 30, for the Octave of Christmas, New Year’s Day.
This is the final podcast for Advent/Christmas. Thanks for listening.
Today, Joseph Ratzinger helps us start the new year. He get’s … Continue reading
CHRISTMASCAzT 2017 29: Family in charity, not diversity, tolerance, inclusivity, sensitivity, choice …
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 29, for Sunday in the Octave of Christmas, the Feast of the Holy Family in the Ordinary Form calendar.
Sister Lucia, the long-lived seer at Fatima, told the late-Card. Caffarra (R.I.P.):
“A time will come when the decisive battle … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 28, for Saturday in the Octave of Christmas.
Fulton Sheen talks about being loved by God while Benedict explains our great procession towards Christ in the persons of the Magi.
One bit of music today is from the Christmas … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 27, for Friday in the Octave of Christmas, commemoration of St Thomas Becket, martyr.
Fulton Sheen talks about the personal YOU moment with God. Augustine of Hippo serves us some wake up coffee.
Today we hear an Arabic, Byzantine … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 26, for Holy Innocents in the Octave of Christmas.
G. K. Chesterton helps us remember that Christmas is more than just Christmas Day. And Joseph Ratzinger has something to say about taking things for granted.
Have some merry little Mystic … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 25, for St John the Evangelist in the Octave of Christmas.
Pius Parsch helps us to understand why we have the feasts of Sts. Stephen, John and Holy Innocents in the Octave.
Today we hear a snippet from the … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 24, for St Stephen in the Octave of Christmas.
Today, Fulton Sheen and Joseph Ratzinger mention the ox and the ass.
May I now suggest that you order up your discs of CHRISTMAS CAROLS by the Benedictine of Mary, … Continue reading
Here is CHRISTMASCAzT 23, for Christmas Day.
Today, Fulton Sheen gives us a pointer about how to avoid being an “atheist of the will”. We also hear a wrenching poem by a 16th c. English Jesuit martyr. Merry Christmas!
May I … Continue reading
Here is ADVENTCAzT 22, for the 4th Sunday of Advent which is the Vigil of Christmas.
Tomorrow is Christmas Day.
Alfred Edersheim, a 19th century Jewish convert and Biblical scholar, teaches us something amazing about the place of the birth of the … Continue reading
Today is the final full day before the Vigil of Christmas.
In the last days of Advent before the Vigil, the Latin Church sings the O Antiphons for the Magnificat of Vespers. The song O Come O Come Emmanuel is a setting … Continue reading