Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Absit invidia: This kind of idiocy is rampant on the West Coast.
- maternalView: Another tip: Frequent confession actually makes it easier to go
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2018 38 – Friday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: The happiness of heaven
- Levity, Severity, the Confessional and YOU!
- Tucker Carlson’s series on plight of men in America, disastrous consequences for society
- ASK FATHER: Effect of Sacrament of Anointing in someone in mortal sin
- Really Bad Idea: sand in holy water fonts during Lent
- Author of The Dictator Pope suspended from the Order of Malta
- LENTCAzT 2018 37 – Thursday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “The Easter problem is not….”
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: altar boys
Today is the 50th anniversary of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
What great fruits the liturgical reforms have produced! Jammed churches, long confession lines, full schools, lots of weddings and baptisms, convents bursting, seminaries churning out priests as fast as they can be ordained….
Back … Continue reading
Remember the post about the number of altar boys increasing when there are no girls on the team? HERE
A reader sent this:
I’ve attached as proof a “sacristy selfie” the rascally rascals (including our #2 son) took yesterday ~ when our … Continue reading
I have some homework for all you readers, below. But first, this introduction.
A friend sent a link to On This Rock where there is a post about how the number of altar boys increases dramatically once all-male service at the … Continue reading
From a reader:
I’ve been having a friendly disagreement with a priest that I know, and maybe you can give me an answer: at the end of Mass, the priest will say the word “Prosit,” and the servers respond “Pro omnibus … Continue reading
From a reader:
My 10-year-old son, who daily receives Holy Communion on his tongue while kneeling (and in fact has never received standing) just completed altar server instruction. He was told that when he serves, he must receive standing!!! (for the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is there any significance between altar boys who wear black cassocks as opposed to those who wear red ones in the TLM?
No, there is no significance. This is a matter of aesthetics. Back in the day colored … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Stephen Reynolds in Sugar Land, Texas has been doing some great things.
Here is the latest in some videos about worship and the life of the parish.
Fr. Z Kudos to Fr. Reynolds!
From a reader:
Whilst on holiday in Bournemouth, UK I called into one of the RC churches to say a few prayers. It seemed as though Mass was about to begin but, to my great shock, a lay woman went up … Continue reading