Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Uxixu said I would be interested in how the diocese set up on...
- Uxixu said I do wish parishes would celebrate the hours in Ch...
- Henry Edwards said Regarding the obligation to recite or pray the div...
- Stephen Matthew said …wanders by aimlessly mumbling something inc...
- Margaret said Please pray for the repose of the soul of Tricia J...
- Nathan said I am certain that your reader, Father, was motivat...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Nicholas says: What about priests on the moon, in...
- Nicholas said But Father, but Father! What about priests on the...
- Imrahil said An aside remark (for those who indulge in chucklin...
- Nicholas said Fishwrap is now young and hip. This effort will, I...
- robtbrown said . . . Pope Francis has taken a different, and hist...
- JesusFreak84 said I do have to wonder at what point we reach “...
- Torpedo1 said Praying for all intentions here, especially Fr. Z&...
- ChrisRawlings said Of course, I meant “Bride,” and not ...
- ChrisRawlings said Here’s the thing: if you’re going to create a webs...
- Imrahil said What of those who cannot accept in good conscience...
- benedetta said Not sure how they expect to “get the story r...
- majuscule said A quick look at Crux shows the comments on the art...
- Gerard Plourde said It’s rather curious that the Boston Globe wo...
- Johnsum said My take on this initiative by the Globe is that it...
- SaintJude6 said I read a couple of the articles after they were li...
- Margaret said A homeschooler, mother to four young children, was...
- nola catholic said “Crux is slick. They have had a big, splashy...
- Montenegro said I lived for 13 years in the AD of Boston, from 199...
- AndyMo said “Some people stay afterwards to say the Rosa...
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Paul VI’s Humanae Vitae did not strike...
- Legisperitus said “Ban” is like “policy,” a...
- Maynardus said This isn’t a “me too!” post but...
- A Sinner said I read this post only because you were introducing...
- kpoterack said I had the same reaction. I linked to one of their...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
- Feasts of Sts. John XXIII and John Paul II now on the Universal Calendar
- ASK FATHER: Doubts about annulment for 1st marriage, guilt about 2nd
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down – Those great strong towers of ice and steel…”
- Music fit for heaven: New CD of William Byrd Masses by Choir of Westminster Cathedral
- “Welcome to Hell! Here’s your ice cream!”
- MANHATTAN: Holy Innocents Church – Reprieve until Spring 2015?
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs at TLM… permitted?
- UK: Parish resuscitated by Extraordinary Form. New Evangelization continues
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: altar girls
From a reader…
Father, Am I correct in saying that Cassock & Surplice is male attire
and that girls should NOT wear it? And if this is the case why do
people let it happen? I am taking over the training of our … Continue reading
From a reader:
On the way home from Mass this evening, my daughter, who is a leader in our parish’s CYM and very active in the Church, mentioned that she was going to an Altar server meeting this week. So, I … Continue reading
From the amusing Eye of the Tiber comes this species-ist hit piece. Why pick on trolls?
Tifton, GA–Catholic troll Phillip Karabin, writing under the handle P90XcelsisDeo, has been patiently scouring the internet looking to passionately defend everything he holds dear, his friends are reporting. … Continue reading
From a reader:
I belong to a parish with a good Shepard. I also have two wonderful daughters, one of which has been an alter server (she is 12 by the way). Our priest tried to walk back the use of … Continue reading
I am on the road, and it is hard for me to work with this, but here is a first go at something which I think is pretty important.
The following article copy-pasted from the PDF of the 8/23/2012 edition of … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: If we have to agree with Vatican II do we have to agree with Communion in the hand, altar girls, EMHCs, etc?
From a reader:
I’m wondering what type of assent are we as Catholics supposed to give
to the Vatican II council? Also do we have an obligation to agree with
things like Communion in the hand, and other parts in the liturgy that
are … Continue reading
Remember that recent Washington Post poll about altar girls? The poll shifted after I posted about it.
An reader alerted me to the fact that something rather odd has occurred.
Here is how things stood and how they stand as … Continue reading