Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Ray said re: Kensington Over 250,000 voted her in to offi...
- Grateful to be Catholic said [So, how many did you order?] Just one for me, but...
- M. K. said The Jesuit church in Cusco, Peru (another Baroque...
- Reconverted Idiot said If only my ex-wife and I had been Catholics before...
- Kensington said “Is she mentally all there? I ask that with...
- Reconverted Idiot said Hamas leaders are not stupid, yet they know that t...
- Giuseppe said @”Gaza which, in the end, is very little thr...
- pjsandstrom said In that photo of Cardinal Pell wearing the Cappa M...
- vetusta ecclesia said What the SJs did in reordering the Gesu reflects t...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Thanks, Fr. Z, for this. I love the Gesù – with a...
- Magash said Impeachment is not a practical possibility as long...
- Priam1184 said Hamas would commit genocide if they had the chance...
- HighMass said Praise GOD we have two new associate Pastors in ou...
- Priam1184 said I wandered into the Gesu almost by mistake on my l...
- yatzer said HyacinthClare: It’s more a word from the Bri...
- Rachel K said I just looked at the maps linked by Rotbrown and f...
- benedetta said With respect to women, strange how the Fishwrap wo...
- Mike said Notice anything missing?? I’d have been surp...
- LarryW2LJ said Sonshine 135: “This is why I am careful when...
- HyacinthClare said I found “gits” in a dictionary! ̶...
- Tom in NY said “The memorial of St. Ignatius of Loyola, a p...
- mlmc said Who would have thought she is just as knowledgeabl...
- KAS said For the first time ever I took a song I made up, w...
- robtbrown said MarkJ says: Why should there be a two-state soluti...
- Justin_Kolodziej said Our 3rd child, 2nd son is scheduled to be delivere...
- Ray said The saddest fact is that she won her last election...
- SKAY said Pelosi was quoting representatives from Qatar. T...
- Flannery O’Connor, Fifty Years After - BigPulpit.com said [...] Its Own Faith – T. Mattingly 6 Tools f...
- TheDude05 said The problem as I see it is of perspective. They l...
- Massachusetts Catholic said @Lepidus You said you discussed Hell with a perso...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- 31 July: St. Ignatius of Loyola – Of the Church Militant and book shredding
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Andrea Tornielli
Andrea Tornielli has a piece today at Sacri Palazzi wherein he calls into question the veracity of Scalfari’s account of the interview with Pope Francis.
I don’t have time to translate the whole thing for you at the moment, since I … Continue reading
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli of La Stampa:
Vatican announces it has caught poison pen letter writer
The culprit is allegedly the Pope’s butler, a layman. But doubts are growing in the Holy See
The Vatican Gendarmerie’s inquiry into the publication … Continue reading
I have read Andrea Tornielli’s report on Vatican Insider that SSPX Bp. Fellay as SIGNED the CDF’s “Doctrinal Preamble”. Italian HERE.
Il superiore della Fraternità San Pio X ha sottoscritto il preambolo dottrinale proposto dalla Santa Sede, anche se con qualche … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli’s Vatican Insider of the Italian daily La Stampa. My emphases and comments.
The Superior General of the Society of St. Pius X writes to his priests: “We are waiting, an agreement … Continue reading
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli of Vatican Insider. Not my translation, but my emphases and comments:
New Vatican commission cracks down on church architecture
The new commission will be established shortly, as part of the Congregation for Divine Worship. It will also … Continue reading
Andrea Tornielli passed this along from Vatican Insider of La Stampa.
It is in Italian but here is the general line.
The director of Tv2000, the television broadcast of the Italian Bishops Conference, transmitted a Mass from the Benedictine monastery of nuns … Continue reading
An unhappy story of a Diocese in Italy where, apparently, local authorities believe they have the right to override the Pope’s legislation for the whole Latin Church.
The intrepid Italian Vatican watcher Andrea Tornielli reports that in a small town named … Continue reading
The intrepid Andrea Tornielli is reporting that, well… here it is in my quick translation:
In the next weeks there will be published a document of Benedict XVI which will reorganize the competences of the Congregation for Divine Worship entrusting to … Continue reading
Beyond the interview with Card. Canizares, Andrea Tornielli added a rather explosive entry to his blog: The Liturgy and Traditionalist Protestantism. (My translation.)
Let’s just say it: many (or some, or few, you decide) traditionalists do not love Pope Benedict’s hermeneutic … Continue reading