"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Christmas is coming. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- sirlouis said “Profit” is taken as dirty, shady, und...
- sirlouis said “Profit” is taken as dirty, shady, und...
- Supertradmum said sorry has should be have….
- Cavaliere said A couple thoughts, first there is profit and then...
- The Cobbler said What the good fellow with the Commander Keen avata...
- The Cobbler said “During the last few days someone remarked t...
- MouseTemplar said I’m just extremely curious as to the reactio...
- zama202 said Sometimes I wonder if the Bishop of Rome knows wha...
- Christine said frjim4321 said, “Calling it whatever you wan...
- Mojoron said The KC Star is always hungry for scandal when it c...
- Elizabeth D said Praying for the fallen-away Catholic Forbes writer...
- Mojoron said This article is right on, and simply put. I might...
- Saint1106 said The basic issue for me is that we have forgotten w...
- everett said We picked this up last year – it’s abs...
- Traductora said I think I utterly dismissed anything that this Pop...
- Legisperitus said Chris Garton-Zavesky: It’s even weirder tha...
- Janol said So is the writer and everyone here urging Congress...
- MacBride said I sent a link of this article to my friend Elizabe...
- chantgirl said Sacred Heart has the EF Mass every Sunday at 11:30...
- Lin said All governments are corrupt, some more than others...
- MariaTeresa said I’ll have to try next year then! I have you...
- Michaelus said I take the writer at his word and agree he is neit...
- MariaTeresa said I have been looking for something just like this!...
- Maria said From Phil_NL says: 26 November 2014 at 4:24 pm &...
- Unwilling said This author says “we’ve noted … not al...
- Gerard Plourde said Three excellent comments – to which I would...
- Phil_NL said I’ve argued before, and probably will contin...
- jacobi said There is plenty of food produced in the world, eno...
- PA mom said Well written and simply presented. Governments are...
- FrAnt said Nothing was said about the problem of sending mone...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Does Pope Francis get what it takes to feed the poor as he calls for?
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Anglican Ordinariate
From a reader:
With all the hullabaloo in the past with bishops not allowing priests to offer the EF Mass, I’m wondering if Latin Rite priests are allowed to celebrate the Anglican Rite in an Anglican Use Ordinary?
I consulted with a … Continue reading
There was some controversy (HERE) about the position of the USA’s Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter for former Anglicans in communion with Rome concerning the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. The head of the US Ordinariate, Msgr. Jeffrey … Continue reading
At the blog The Anglo-Catholic I read:
When I [that blogger] met him in Orlando some months ago, Monsignor Steenson [head of the US Ordinariate] held nothing back in the expression of his enmity towards Catholic Traditionalism and the so-called Extraordinary … Continue reading
Those of you who may be new readers may not know about the mug I made with a phrase of Bl. John Henry Newman: “To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant.”
Thinking back on the course of … Continue reading
Today in Houston there was a presser with Card. DiNardo of Houston-Galveston and Msgr. Steenson the Ordinary of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Peter.
Both men has good Patristic credentials.
Card. DiNardo is an alumus of my school, the Patristic … Continue reading
The new Ordinariate for Anglicans will be official on 1 January 2011.
Members will be received and shepherds will be appointed.
May I ask your prayers for everyone involved in this new initiative of unity?
Remember to say a prayer for Pope Benedict … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
It is exciting that on 1 January, very soon, the new Ordinariate for Anglicans will be established in the USA.
The Ordinariate will need a leader.
This is from the site Virtue Online:
Former Episcopal Bishop … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a couple of questions [Looks like more than a couple.]
!. In regards to Breviarium Romanum. “Summorum Pontificum gives clerics the faculty to use the Breviarum Romanum in effedt in 1962, which is to be prayed entirely … Continue reading
Our friends over at Rorate have picked up on something I suggested here, and I am sure many others have thought of as well.
The beautiful Ushaw Seminary in northern England is slated to be closed. That belongs to the “it’s … Continue reading