You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Fr Martin Fox says: It may be that I am too infl...
- Athelstan said As Ralph said, I think a switch would be PERFECT f...
- Fr Martin Fox said Gulielmus’ pictures are a strong rebuttal. I...
- benedetta said The photograph is emblematic of Obama’s atti...
- billy said @traductora – I served four years on active...
- EXCHIEF said Whether the POTUS as CIC has the authority to make...
- StJude said Obama is a narcissist. this is just another examp...
- Traductora said Billy, I’m assuming you’ve never been...
- Dan said This is being taken way out of proportion. The Pre...
- Clinton R. said I think this is another example of the resistance...
- catholiccomelately said Gee whiz, President Obama, hold your own umbrella...
- Will D. said Oh, for heaven’s sakes. Once again, this is...
- pjsandstrom said To Robertus Pittsburghensis I well know about the...
- Papabile said 1) I find it hard to believe it would have been an...
- Giuseppe said Agree with mandatory Latin in Catholic schools. I...
- ReginaMarie said Along these same lines (illustratione, illustratio...
- acardnal said 1) No service member is obliged to follow an illeg...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Father, Though an insufficinet Latinist to have...
- MichelleJehanne said My home parish has an OF Latin Mass every Friday....
- Papabile said There were plenty of times when I was in the Army...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Tossing out some odds and ends, subject to correct...
- Panterina said It could be a matter of interpretation of the Regu...
- Tradster said OK,I’m curious to know why G.I.Jane feminist...
- Geoffrey said “Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass...
- billy said Much ado about nothing. Nobody knows more about th...
- Bob B. said In the Army, we couldn’t carry an umbrella e...
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said pjsandstrom, It is a misconception that the Latin...
- McCall1981 said @ Joecct77 And they say its Nun of the VaticanR...
- L. said I’m no fan of the President, to say the leas...
- Fr Martin Fox said I appreciate the comments by those in the military...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Anglican Ordinariate
From a reader:
With all the hullabaloo in the past with bishops not allowing priests to offer the EF Mass, I’m wondering if Latin Rite priests are allowed to celebrate the Anglican Rite in an Anglican Use Ordinary?
I consulted with a … Continue reading
There was some controversy (HERE) about the position of the USA’s Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter for former Anglicans in communion with Rome concerning the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. The head of the US Ordinariate, Msgr. Jeffrey … Continue reading
At the blog The Anglo-Catholic I read:
When I [that blogger] met him in Orlando some months ago, Monsignor Steenson [head of the US Ordinariate] held nothing back in the expression of his enmity towards Catholic Traditionalism and the so-called Extraordinary … Continue reading
Those of you who may be new readers may not know about the mug I made with a phrase of Bl. John Henry Newman: “To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant.”
Thinking back on the course of … Continue reading
Today in Houston there was a presser with Card. DiNardo of Houston-Galveston and Msgr. Steenson the Ordinary of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Peter.
Both men has good Patristic credentials.
Card. DiNardo is an alumus of my school, the Patristic … Continue reading
The new Ordinariate for Anglicans will be official on 1 January 2011.
Members will be received and shepherds will be appointed.
May I ask your prayers for everyone involved in this new initiative of unity?
Remember to say a prayer for Pope Benedict … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
It is exciting that on 1 January, very soon, the new Ordinariate for Anglicans will be established in the USA.
The Ordinariate will need a leader.
This is from the site Virtue Online:
Former Episcopal Bishop … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a couple of questions [Looks like more than a couple.]
!. In regards to Breviarium Romanum. “Summorum Pontificum gives clerics the faculty to use the Breviarum Romanum in effedt in 1962, which is to be prayed entirely … Continue reading
Our friends over at Rorate have picked up on something I suggested here, and I am sure many others have thought of as well.
The beautiful Ushaw Seminary in northern England is slated to be closed. That belongs to the “it’s … Continue reading