Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Ave Maria: There has been almost uncountabl e “all eged” ; words from the pontiff that are not in accord with Magisteria l teachings. Why are no denials or clarificat ions forthcomin g?...
- Antonin: I don’ t think anyone can seriously doubt that the Pope said what was reported. Fits the general pattern. But this young man is confused and the guilt for that belongs to the vile...
- teomatteo: A private conversati on with a victim should remain such.
- Peter Stuart: Alleged my foot. If this pope wants to say something straight up, he can do it any time. But no, he deliberate ly distorts and twists words and insults Catholics. I have 0% doubt that...
- aquinasadmirer: Fr Simon, of Relevant Radio, had this to say on the word gay… “Gay ? he’s not even in a good mood!̶ 1;
- robtbrown: Surriter, The General Instructio n of the Roman Missal, found in the first pages, refers to the Octaves of Christmas and Easter. It makes no mention of an Octave of Pentecost.
- Gregg the Obscure: I would add the words of St. Paul “Who , having known the justice of God, did not understand that they who do such things, are worthy of death; and not only they that do...
- Suburbanbanshee: Actually, Dave Filoni rescued Chewbacca& #8217;s original design (as he has done with a lot of the old Ralph McQuarrie concept art), and used it for the character Zeb, in the Star...
- Suburbanbanshee: Since the 16th century or so, there was a secondary use of the word gay to mean basically “fre e with sexual favorsR 21;, and it referred to the French “gai eR...
- karmato: Tip of the old cubs cap to you… . Alas a 10 – 1 loss tonight at the hands of the Indians. But at least it was not 20 degrees at game time.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Those devastated houses: what happens everywhere the left runs things.
- comedyeye: I doubt we will ever hear this kind of catechesis in a homily. Probably because there is no parable of Jesus and the gay man. Thank you for making clear what few clergy preach.
- Orlando: It’s time we all realize the pope knows exactly what he’s doing , whether it’s informal, off the cuff or on airplane 8230;he is changing in a very fundamenta l way what the Church has...
- Curate: Very well said. The obvious implicatio n is that “If God made me to have same-sex attraction , then homosexual actions are fine.̶ 1; Suppose we were to grant that premise, it...
- cstei: I am going to Gammarelli ’s on Monday I can’ t wait.
- maternalView: I believe that the key to exposing the agenda of the homosexual culture is to smash that false narrative that people are born “gay ” and instead are actually making a...
- maternalView: @Lorra But prayer and fasting can be done in any diocese And perhaps is needed even more in the less friendly dioceses
- Jenson71: Johnny Evers was an active Knight of Columbus and helped out with them in some capacity during WWI.
- Jenson71: One flaw in the beaver analogy is that no one is attempting to criminaliz e the beaver’s disorder, use it against him to engage in sexual acts (as the priests apparently did to the man...
- jhayes: Benedict Joseph, the 1994 Catechism issued by John-Paul II introduced a clear distinctio n between homosexual inclinatio n and homosexual acts. There was only one Pope (Benedict) between...
- NBW: AMEN! Thank you Fr. Z.!
- surritter: @robtbrown … I was in no way thinking of the Mass, whose changes were approved of Paul VI, and are certainly the law of the Church. I was actually thinking of today, when it̵...
- VP: Pardon the metaphor, but the curator and you each made a great catch on the “Tin ker to Evers to ChanceR 21; layout. Chicago beat the Giants that day; that double play was one of the...
- RichR: Very straightfo rward and clear explanatio n. This is why Catholics come to this blog. Bless you, FrZ.
- JARay: I too hate the use of the word “gay ” to mean homosexual . I grew up knowing the word “gay ” to mean a happy cheerful person. There used to be a song which began...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
- A Pentecost Monday lesson: “And Paul VI wept.”
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: that strong stable edge
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- BACK IN PRINT! The Heresy of Formlessness
- My View For Awhile: Creston Edition
- “I used to think hosts found on floors was Traditional Catholic hyperbole…”
- Monday after Pentecost: Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church – TEXTS
- Bp. Schneider’s terrific talk in Rome – ACTION ITEM!
- ASK FATHER: As a lay woman, should I have a “Mass kit” in my “Bug Out Bag”?
- @JamesMartinSJ can also amuse
- I have bad news and good news: Scouts and Troops
- Darío Card. Castrillón Hoyos, former Pres. of the Pont. Comm. “Ecclesia Dei” – RIP
- Bp. Schneider on the Met “Gay-la”
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Peter Kreeft and 2018 Ignatius Pew Missal
- VIDEOS: Lessons in how properly to fold a cassock
- VIDEO: Military pilgrimage to Lourdes
- Fascinating and sad: transcript of 1976 meeting of Paul VI and SSPX Archbp. Lefebvre
- A light TEOTWAWKI moment
- @ArchbishpSample to make liturgical changes in the @archpdx
- “The Council that might have been…” but wasn’t.
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: MALAYALAM
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Anglican Provisions
From the blog canterbury tales:
A recent meeting of leaders in the Anglican Catholic Church of Canada (ACCC) voted to unite with the Roman Catholic Church through the Apostolic Constitution created by Pope Benedict XVI. [Do I hear an “Amen!”?]
Read more … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can a Roman Catholic fulfill her Sunday Obligation at a Traditional Anglican Communion church that is part of one of the Pro-Dioceses awaiting the construction of the Ordinariate for the United States?
In the Code of Canon Law for … Continue reading
Long-time participant HE alerted me to the following from the site of the SSPX.
They are happy about the reception of so many former Anglicans entering into the Roman obedience.
As you know, Anglicans are able to enter full union with the … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to a blog written by an Anglican priest making his way into the Roman Catholic Church and the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham for Tunbridge Wells in Kent.
Keeping in mind that Catholics do … Continue reading
When Anglicans in England come over to Rome, they will give up a great deal.
In many cases they may have to give up their churches.
For you in the burbs, that wouldn’t be a big deal. But consider how beautiful some … Continue reading
Vatican City, Nov 18, 2010 / 02:28 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The head of the Church of England, Archbishop Rowan Williams of Canterbury met privately in Rome with Pope Benedict XVI on Nov. 18.
The meeting comes at an … Continue reading
Keep repeating: Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity.
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, comes this about Anglican bishops who will be coming into unity with England’s Church of origin the Catholic Church.
Five traditionalist Anglican bishops … Continue reading
If you were looking for another reason why the Pope Benedict, the Pope of Christian Unity, issued the provisions of Anglicanorum coetibus, take a look at the liturgy recently perpetrated at an Episcopalian church in Pittsburgh.
The whole this is based … Continue reading
In the Church Times (Issue 7663 – 29 January, 2010), an Anglican publication which is not connected with the Anglican hierarchy we find this.
My emphases and comments:
Archbishop Hepworth: took up ARCIC and “got what we wanted”
A MEETING of … Continue reading