Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Tony Phillips said PS…sorry, that last non-sequitur of a line w...
- Tony Phillips said Frjim4321: I can only speak for myself, but yes, I...
- frjim4321 said “Some years ago homosexuals were pushing for...
- Andrew Saucci said “No one knows all of what he’s doing, accord...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: [It doesn’t surprise me that you r...
- pfreddys said I used to complain about the pontificate of St. Jo...
- BenedictXVIFan said And now this. http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/art...
- The Cobbler said If you assume that one thing will follow another w...
- joan ellen said As world and church events continue on their curre...
- Pnkn said Oh, how I wish the Catholic writers now deceased o...
- joan ellen said Geoffrey: Thank you for the link. I happen to like...
- Giuseppe said At least Donald Trump stays on message. Google #t...
- SKAY said Tricia said- “It has ALWAYS been about getti...
- acardnal said Grateful to be Catholic, know problem. I mean NO...
- marcelus said Oddie,another first world writter who think has a...
- Grateful to be Catholic said What I really meant to say, acardnal, before the a...
- Clinton R. said The pontificate of Pope Francis has been like no o...
- Elizabeth D said People may want to see this really interesting pos...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Patience, acardnal. Your app will get it right ev...
- Martial Artist said The so-called “compassion” of Planned...
- juergensen said It is a disgrace that after 2,000 years of unambig...
- oldconvert said For a minute there I thought I had clicked on the...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Byers is the best (anyway he is a most fascinat...
- frjim4321 said “You really think lowering the age of consen...
- rafferju said thanks Saintjude6 saved me from having to reply al...
- SaintJude6 said frjim, It’s pretty laughable that you try to...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Tony P, yes, we all know all about that. The Chris...
- frjim4321 said [It doesn’t surprise me that you react in this way...
- Gratias said Thank you Father Z for this teaching.
- Benedict Joseph said Confused? I have used that descriptive for myself...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (34)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (33)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (24)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (21)
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST (15)
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family (14)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope?
- WDTPRS – 13th Sunday after Pentecost: “E ‘n la sua volontade è nostra pace!”
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Anglicanorum coetibus
From a reader: I have been informed by an Anglican group that my Bishop gave the green light to let an Anglican (not an ordinariate group, but a schismatic Anglican group) use one of our school’s sanctuary and altar to … Continue reading
More from the Church of Making Irony Redundant. These guys never fail to amaze. They have an astonishingly complicated array of commission and conventions and meetings and votes… all for about 4 people. And those 4 are going to do … Continue reading
It is the season for ordinations. I participated in one yesterday, as a matter of fact. However, the other day there was an ordination which I very much would like to have attended: Fr. John Hunwicke, a former Anglican priest, … Continue reading
I think this will be a great event: WEDNESDAY JUNE 27 Please pray for John Hunwicke. Ordination, The Oxford Oratory, Wednesday June 27, 7.00 FIRST MASSES in full Communion with the See of Peter. THURSDAY JUNE 28: Extraordinary Form LONDON … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity. From The Catholic Herald: Pope Benedict XVI has established a personal ordinariate in Australia and named a Lancashire-born former bishop of the Traditional Anglican Communion (TAC) to lead it. The ordinariate, the … Continue reading
Benedict XVI: A Decree about Heroic Virtues and the extension of a Saint’s cult to the universal Church
The cause for beatification of a Servant of God important for the north-central United States had a big step forward today. I read in the Bolletino today that His Holiness of our Lord promulgated a decree from the Congregation for … Continue reading
Back when, we knew that something was going on within the CDF for Anglicans who desired closer unity with Peter, but we didn’t know what. There was a sense that the Holy Father must really want something important to happen for … Continue reading
I need to be educated about something and I hope some of you readers who were/are Anglicans now in union with Rome can help me. When in doubt, ask. Is the modified Anglican liturgy considered part of the Roman Rite … Continue reading
With a tip of the biretta to Rev. Mr. Kandra at Deacon’s Bench, this comes from The Union Democrat (and ironically appropriate title). I want to preface this with a couple comments. First, Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian … Continue reading
Benedict XVI, the Pope of Christian Unity, has made it possible by his provision in Anglicanorum coetibus, for Anglicans to enter into Holy Church in new Ordinariates. Their liturgical traditions are being codified and approved by the Holy See and … Continue reading