Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): When priests pull these stunts, there needs to be immediate, on-the-sce ne pushback from the pews. We shouldn’t worry about being disrespect ful or desecratin g the Mass:...
- Elizabeth D: I am going out on a limb and say that I think this has to do with a natural kind of gut reaction that some sex abuse victims have to the calls for doing penance for the perpetrato rs....
- Elizabeth D: I saw that Dr Peters comments on her proposal that men who have been victims of sex abuse be screened out because it is a risk factor for becoming an abuser. I only glanced through his...
- frmgcmma: When our Lady of Fatima appeared six time, she smiled just once. When? After the children had been exhorted many times to “mak e sacrifices for sinners 221; and they used a piece...
- Joe in Canada: I presume that Fr James will not be doing any prayer or fasting as he has not committed any of these sins. I pray the Divine Mercy chaplet with others who choose to join me on Friday...
- Dan: Satan has liked that post and will likely be retweeting it repeatedly though his lackeys of course. At what point do we pull his Catholic card? I admit, I can do penance, and fasting for the...
- Suburbanbanshee: Jesus was innocent too. I guess that whole “die to save us from sin” was a bad plan? If you don’ t even believe the fundamenta ls of Christiani ty, why are you...
- Il Ratzingeriano: http://www .marcotosa tti.com/20 18/09/18/l agenda-per -la-chiesa -normalita -di-adulte rio-omoses sualita-se sso-libero -e-nozze-g ay/ Marco Tosatti has a terrifying summary of...
- Dan: I think it is important to remember that this is not a Church issue. Sexual deviancy is an issue that has permeated our society so deeply that it has even penetrated deep into the heart of the...
- Dan: Mary is right that the laity are angry. I am angry. I am not angry that this abuse has once again resurfaced through. I am glad for that. I am angry and fearful that like so many other issues,...
- Colm: From Fr. Augustine Thompson, O.P. (http://do minican-li turgy.blog spot.com): Q: May priest members of the Dominican Laity use the Dominican liturgical books of 1962? A: There are very few...
- padredana: I’m not sure about Dominicans Tertiaries , but I can speak about Benedictin e Oblates. I am a priest Oblate of the Monastery in Norcia, and we are allowed to insert St. Bened...
- PetersBarque: What is now known is the fact that damnable sins were committed for decades right under our noses by wicked wolves in sheep̵ 7;s clothing, none of whom have yet to howl one...
- Mother Seton: Akita, that wasn’ ;t Jimmy Stewart. Spencer Tracy.
- semperficatholic: My granddaugh ter was married on this Feast Day. Most brides and grooms bring flowers to Our Lady during their wedding, but my granddaugh ter chose to take her flowers to a niche...
- un-ionized: KateD, purple is every little girl’ ;s favorite color, and some adult girls, including me. Don’ t let peripheral issues poison your likes and dislikes.
- JonPatrick: To be honest I don’ t care much about the other Gay Mafias, I don’ t watch TV other than baseball and I expect the world to be a cesspool. What bothers me is the way our...
- Akita: Robtbrown, I would hardly hold Jimmy Stewart up as a paragon of virtue. He had a very public, long term affair with Katharine Hepburn, did he not?
- Dismas: Hmmm… ;I will have to disagree. Each of those institutio ns (and more) are not infiltrate d, as such would be a covert action with the intention of subverting the foundation of said...
- KateD: But why lavender? CouldnR 17;t it be…O h I don’ t know, the Salmon Pink Mafia? My favorite color as a younger person was purpleR 30;.until I learned it’s the color of...
- Adelle Cecilia: Tho said, “Why do they forget about the scourge of Aids.̶ 1; I was taken completely aback, the other evening, when a pill for “red ucing the risk of HIV” was...
- mo7: Our priest preached ably on the readings from the OF, speaking of the value of suffering, at the EF. Hey It’s all good.
- Kathleen10: Education – top to bottom. I can verify, there are many more homosexual s in education now, and like all special interest groups, they hire and promote their own. Music indus...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Also, I invite anyone here to read, if they havent already, “The Homosexual Manifesto& #8221; penned by Michael Swift as a “sat ire” for a Gay Magaz...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: I wonder about the Communists and Freemasons .
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- More Jesuit idiocy
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
- Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
- UPDATE: 15 Sept: Seven Sorrows of Mary, Mater Dolorosa, Queen of Martyrs – Queen of Clergy
- @BishopZubik announces traditional practices for @DioPitt
- Bits and pieces
- WDTPRS – 24th Ordinary Sunday: Does it make any difference to offer prayers to God?
- Videos and hi-res photos of the Consecration of the Abbey and Abbess of Gower
- UPDATED Mary, Queen of the Clergy holy cards with Daily Prayer for Priests – AVAILABLE!
- Of Friday and festive penitential Pesto fit for a King
- BOOKS RECEIVED: A hard look at Francis in Spanish by Argentinian author
- 14 Sept: 11th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Thank you, Benedict XVI!
- Morning After Pill of UK ‘c’atholics – @The_Tablet – falsehood about @BishopMorlino
- IRONY! Francis calls 2019 meeting of bishops on Feast of St. Peter Damian
- A prayer for your confessor, the priest to whom you are about to make your confession
- UPDATES! URGENT TO BISHOPS OF @RaleighDiocese @diosav @DioceseChas @archatl @CatholicNewsCLT
- #HurricaneFlorence, the Carolinas, and You (extraction, security, etc.)
- My View For Awhile: From the Starfield, back to Benghazi
- The Viganò Testimony: Was it justified or was it a violation of an oath?
- Francis: Uncovering sins of Bishops is work of Satan. UPDATED!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Anglicans
Before anything else let me say: Anglicanorum coetibus!
Here’s something slightly interesting.
From USA Today:
Anglicans suspend Episcopal Church over stance on same-sex marriage
The Anglican Communion suspended the Episcopal Church, it’s American branch, from voting and decision-making for three years on Thursday over its … Continue reading
This was so quirky, that I had to post it. I asked a priest friend to write a response.
From a reader…
Our Episcopal [?] priest recently became a nun. She insists on wearing her habit when serving mass. Is this proper or … Continue reading
Preliminary comments. Priests are for sacrifice. Sacrifice requires priesthood. If you don’t have sacrifice, you don’t need priests. You can have ministers, instead. Ministers are fine, but they aren’t priests.
Second, Anglicans/Episcopalians don’t have priests because they don’t have valid orders. … Continue reading
In the wake of the decision of the State tethered Church of England to have wyshyps (female bishops), the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham set up a “Exploration Day”.
You know that the Ordinariate was created according to the provisions … Continue reading
Across the pond in Ol’ Blighty, the Church of England has approved female bishops.
This was inevitable. The CofE is on the State’s leash and the State blows with (and creates) the wind of social changes, trends, fads, etc.
But wait, traditional … Continue reading
One of our frequent commentators here sent me this (appetite spoiling) photo with this:
The Right Stuff? (Remember the scene with the 7 astronauts in space suits?
Get a load of these photos of “clergy” arriving for vote on wymen bishops:
From the … Continue reading
The leading prelate of the Church of England, Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, who recently called Pope Francis his own Person of the Year, has been a busy bee!
From The Mail:
[Archpb. of Canterbury] Welby [Anglican] casts out ‘sin’ from christenings: … Continue reading
This is really interesting.
Do you remember some reports that, not long ago, some people were claiming that Pope Francis, still in Argentina, pooh-pooed any need for an Anglican Ordinariate. Remember that? BBC HERE.
Read what follows and ask yourself if this … Continue reading
Vatican Insider has something today about some Lutherans who are getting nervous about the Holy Father establishing an Ordinariate for Lutherans, along the lines of that which he established for Anglicans.
“A Lutheran ordinariate? That’s a bad sign”
An ordinariate for Lutherans … Continue reading
Over at Real Clear Religion there is something that I am finally getting around to talking about and that you should look at.
Here are some high points with my emphases and comments.
The Rise of Latin Mass Youth
by George Neumayr
Liberal bishops dismissed … Continue reading
There is a story at CNA/EWTN that made me chuckle a little.
What for what is wrong with this (including the terminology).
London, England, Jan 4, 2013 / 06:05 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Church of England has decided to permit gay male … Continue reading
As we approach the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, I just want to give a big shout out to the folks at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in downtown Washington, DC, for allowing some Catholic girls to jump around in … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic Weekly, The Catholic Herald, we read some doubly-good news.
Archbishop Nichols ends ‘Soho Masses’ after six years
By MARK GREAVES
Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster has announced that Masses in Soho organised for gay people are to end.
He … Continue reading
On Boxing Day, Her Majesty the Queen conferred a peerage on the Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams.
From the official site of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Peerage for the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury
Wednesday 26th December 2012
The Queen has been pleased to … Continue reading
GREAT NEWS FROM ENGLAND! From the site of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham.
I’ll add a comment, below.
Ordinariate priest appointed to South London parish
An announcement was made yesterday (Sunday) that the Parish of the Most Precious Blood, Borough, is … Continue reading