Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JoAnna said “Reuters reports that Eric Ferrero, Vice Pre...
- Kerry said Or the argument from reason; the Church has alread...
- Kerry said “To Infinity and beyond…um”, to...
- Jethrah said I predicted age of consent laws would be abolished...
- Daniel W said Paul M, I think we are using “marriage”...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “The difference is, polygamy is quite normal...
- iamlucky13 said “Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimin...
- Bosco said I saw this piece in The Guardian today and I think...
- clarinetist04 said Vandoren 3.5 56 rue lepics! Of the French school,...
- Hans said What is ‘srethced’ (nothing is more sr...
- wmeyer said Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimination o...
- Giuseppe said In the US, particularly among the poor and also in...
- JenniO said Here”s a dubious use of 21st Century communi...
- SummerMarigold said I grew up a non-Mormon in Mormon land (I am 30) an...
- Seamus said What exactly is the problem with the Chadwick tran...
- anilwang said Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimination...
- Magash said “Whereas homosexuality is, quite simply, a m...
- greenlight said ““I wonder what the Pope could possibly do o...
- a catechist said *big sigh* I’d say if you don’t alrea...
- Tony Phillips said The difference is, polygamy is quite normal, even...
- APX said Some woman in Britain already married her dog last...
- CradleRevert said “I wonder what the Pope could possibly do or...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Ultimately, I think the true goal is elimin...
- Henry Edwards said “Frankly, I don’t think he would try to chan...
- Scott W. said Frankly, I don’t think he would try to change the...
- Paul M. said Daniel W, I appreciate your message, but I believe...
- L. said Some must think that they laity are revolting.
- AnthonyJ said The decline in attendance is not surprising. Pope...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Rabbit Trail Warning: What do you think is the be...
- The Masked Chicken said “Physically, they are the best representativ...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS! (91)
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this? (57)
- Facebook locks out Catholic priest Msgr. Charles Pope, for being a “Monsignor” (45)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (34)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a 3 year old? (25)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (25)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (23)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope?
- WDTPRS – 13th Sunday after Pentecost: “E ‘n la sua volontade è nostra pace!”
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Pope Francis attended Mass in St. Peter’s on Feast of St. Pius X
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS!
- WDTPRS: 21st Sunday of Ordinary Time – When “virtues” are replaced by “values”.
- What is this thing? No, really! What is this?
- 29 Sept – Holy Innocents -Manhattan – BLUE MASS… TLM!
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: anti-Christian
This is interesting, from Outlook India: Catholic Priests From Vatican Denied Indian Visa This comes in the wake of growing attacks on churches in the national capital. The Indian Government this week denied entry into the country to two Catholic … Continue reading
A story to warm the cockles of my beady-black heart. From BuzzPo: Passenger Offended by the Words Merry Christmas – Gets Himself Thrown Off an American Airlines Flight Merry Christmas! Those are the two words that offended one American Airlines … Continue reading
ISIS has its secularized counterparts in these USA. From WSMV: DYER COUNTY, TN – (WMC) – A young girl, who claims she was standing up for her religious beliefs in the classroom, was suspended after breaking a class rule of … Continue reading
This is a public service announcement. I prefer to be kind about Christian movies. That said, save yourself some irritation. The newly released “Persecuted” isn’t good. “Persecution” addresses a theme which I think is real: there is/will be persecution of … Continue reading
In light of the fact of the continuing erosion of our civil liberties and the marginalization of religion (Christianity) and religious (Christian) values, and in light of the fact that we are in the mysterious period between Ascension Thursday and … Continue reading
How bad are things getting? Had you told me a few years ago that schools would censor 1st graders’ “Valentine’s Day” cards for religious content, I would have laughed at you. From The Morning Call: Suit: Censoring history of St. … Continue reading
About the great Governor of Wisconsin. I wonder if he will run for President. From The Blaze: Scott Walker Says He Won’t Cave to Atheists’ Demand to Pull Bible Verse “Governor Walker will not remove the post on his social … Continue reading
With a tip of the biretta to my pal Vicki McKenna (Twitter), I share this tale of woe from FNC. Todd Starnes reports: First-grader told to stop talking about Bible The parents of a 6-year-old girl said their daughter was … Continue reading
Sometimes I muse about what it must have been like for a pagan priest in 4th century Rome who tended a crossroads shrine as he watched the demolition of his entire world. It is, perhaps, our turn now. The not-so-Catholic-friendly, … Continue reading
There is an alarming piece at CharismaNews which confirms what we have known all along. Remember… it’s not really “Obamacare”… though his name, and party, are inseparable from this millstone. It’s really the AFFORDABLE Care Act. How is that “AFFORDABLE” … Continue reading