Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- maternalView: The lifesitene ws article said it was a RECENT violation. So many thoughts on that. With all the news of the scandals he chooses now to not exercise good judgment? Why would he think...
- zag4christ: Whoa! Today I go to our local outreach to the poor at our Cathedral, where some of my colleagues and I do what we do as veterinary folks, taking care of homeless and poor people and...
- HvonBlumenthal: Bounday violations ? Sure the correct term is clericalis m?
- mbarry: Where, oh where can one learn the TLM?! I had a priest recommend sanctamiss a.org, but it has instructio ns for priests on how to say the TLM. That’ ;s fantastic! But, I’m not a...
- Elizabeth D: I assume the worries that his life is in danger have to do with what state intelligen ce actors are capable of, on behalf of states who are invested in the corrupt status quo in the...
- NBW: Is he reliving his Studio 54 days or is he performing for the men in the pews?? Does he not fear the wrath of God ?? This is THE MASS the Jesus Christ instituted . SHAME on the people in the...
- AveMariaGratiaPlena: What a great man he is. As painful & terrible as his firing from the CDF was, in a way it’s a badge of honor to be badly treated by Team Francis. It shows you’re doing...
- John Nelson: How suprising. On Lifesite news today, this pastor has been removed due to “bou ndary violations ” with a male parishione r. https://ww w.lifesite news.com/n ews/jes...
- Dismas: It’s not outside of belief for harm to come to Archbishop Viganò. The Lavender Mafia has lots of money, now complete control over a sovereign bank with a long history of money laund...
- Jann: How wonderful to hear him speak so strongly!
- DelRayVA: I had an interestin g experience in the Diocese of Metuchen back in the early 1990’ ;s. This was when Hughes was the bishop there, after McCarrick. My parish had a married laywo...
- oldCatholigirl: Although I think Mary Eberstadt is a wise and prophetic writer, I, like Elizabeth D, question the wisdom of the idea that anyone who has been sexually abused should be automat...
- OssaSola: Argh. I guess it depends on the priest. In our former parish we had the most important priest in my life and the best. He did not seem to have any preferred cliques around him dictat...
- Joy65: “cap choirgirl says: 18 September 2018 at 3:20 PM I’m of two minds about this. It can be great if you have a great pastor. It’s always sad to lose a good one. But also, “personali ty...
- richdel: Before people begin envisionin g albino monks hunting for Vigano, it is important to realize that if the present agenda that some in Church leadership are pushing comes to fruition, it...
- George @ Convert Journal: Sadly, Fr. Martin has been *invited* by Abp Wilton Gregory to speak at parishes in the Atlanta Archdioces e. People are rightly upset by this. See: https://ge orgiabu...
- Liz: Praying often for Archbishop Vigano.
- richdel: The Las Cruces Experiment lives on.
- HvonBlumenthal: Part of the reason why well meaning but ignorant Catholics go along with this is the unfortunat e double meaning of the word celebrate.
- tho: Liberalism , as it is defined and practiced for the last 50 or more years, is a poison arrow, delivered by half witted utopians into the body of common sense. Our church, our schools, and all...
- MrsMacD: I will cry when our current pastor leaves us. I will cry, and I will mourn. I know God is good and I trust Him but it always feels cruel to lose a pastor that really loves and cares for...
- Kevin: We are at war aren’ ;t we? St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battleR 30;.
- Benedict Joseph: This reported today at LifeSite: https://ww w.lifesite news.com/n ews/jesuit -priest-fr om-pro-gay -parish-re moved-afte r-boundary -violation s-with-ma Quite the fan boyR...
- Sawyer: He left out the need to care for immigrants into the Church so that they are fed with the truth of doctrine and the grace of the sacraments , clothed with the beauty of worship, and shelt...
- The original Mr. X: To have Archbishop Viganò taken out by the Lavender Mafia would not help their cause. He is already a hero – they don’t want to make him a martyr. Yes, exactly. If I were a...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
- Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
- UPDATE: 15 Sept: Seven Sorrows of Mary, Mater Dolorosa, Queen of Martyrs – Queen of Clergy
- @BishopZubik announces traditional practices for @DioPitt
- Bits and pieces
- WDTPRS – 24th Ordinary Sunday: Does it make any difference to offer prayers to God?
- Videos and hi-res photos of the Consecration of the Abbey and Abbess of Gower
- UPDATED Mary, Queen of the Clergy holy cards with Daily Prayer for Priests – AVAILABLE!
- Of Friday and festive penitential Pesto fit for a King
- BOOKS RECEIVED: A hard look at Francis in Spanish by Argentinian author
- 14 Sept: 11th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Thank you, Benedict XVI!
- Morning After Pill of UK ‘c’atholics – @The_Tablet – falsehood about @BishopMorlino
- IRONY! Francis calls 2019 meeting of bishops on Feast of St. Peter Damian
- A prayer for your confessor, the priest to whom you are about to make your confession
- UPDATES! URGENT TO BISHOPS OF @RaleighDiocese @diosav @DioceseChas @archatl @CatholicNewsCLT
- #HurricaneFlorence, the Carolinas, and You (extraction, security, etc.)
- My View For Awhile: From the Starfield, back to Benghazi
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Antonio Spadaro
Those of us who watch closely what is going on in the Church need to pay attention to happenings local and Roman and papal. When it comes to papal, we also have to watch the dicta et facta of those … Continue reading
Quis custodiat custodes? About a Jesuit in Francis’ inner circle @AntonioSpadaro and his special interest
The Roman writer Juvenal penned in his Satires a line which has become an apophthegm about oversight.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who is keeping an eye on the guards?
This could be a byword today in The Present Crisis.
Who is overseeing the … Continue reading
At Crisis, Fr. George Rutler has posted a potent counterpoint to Jesuit jibber-jabber (I know… that could be taken for a tautology). He goes after Antonio Spadaro, SJ, who has issued all manner of nonsense with Olympian authority.
Spadaro is one … Continue reading
There are rumors of efforts to crack down on any voice that raises any sort of question during this pontificate.
LifeSite reported that Jesuit Antonio Spadaro of La Civiltà Cattolica (you’ll remember his blinkered view of Americans) wants EWTN’s Raymond Arroyo … Continue reading
Over the last few days it feels like the news is coming in at firehose volume and force.
And, from the onset, I’ll just say now that the moderation queue is ON.
A lot of the firehose sensation has to do with fallout … Continue reading
Jesuit Fr. Antonio “2+2=5” Spadaro, in his attack on Americans, especially American conservatives, in Inciviltà cattolica, along with his coauthor from Argentina, left a curious omission.
Spadaro tars two American presidents with the brush of “Manichaenism”.
At times this mingling of politics, morals and religion has … Continue reading
One of you readers caught this and posted in the combox.
To submit a reply to Archbishop Chaput’s column, the anti-spam quiz currently is “What is 2 plus 2?” Very shrewd. This will prevent Fr. Antonio “2+2=5” Spadaro from leaving a … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, there are not one but two … two critiques of Jesuit Fr. Antonio “2+2=5” Spadaro’s attack on Americans in Inciviltà cattolica.
They are useful because they are not in an American source.
Antonio Spadaro has discovered a brand … Continue reading
The well-deserved fallout continues for the vicious anti-American attack piece penned at Inciviltà cattolica by Jesuit Fr Antonio “2+2=5” Spadaro, who is also so interested in the life and works of Pier Vittorio Tondelli that he created his own website about him (HERE).
Today I read at The Catholic … Continue reading
Jesuit Fr Antonio Spadaro must be feeling the heat resulting from his poorly conceived anti-American hit piece in Civiltà Cattolica (now aka Inciviltà cattolica) HERE.
He gave an interview to Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine (no, this isn’t at all incestuous) in which he tries – … Continue reading
By now you may have seen the attack on Americans – conservative Americans and traditional Catholic Americans – in what some people consider a semi-official publication of the Holy See Civiltà Cattolica (now aka Inciviltà cattolica). The title in English: “Evangelical Fundamentalism and … Continue reading
The other day, Jesuit Fr. Antonio Spadaro, who associates himself very closely with the Holy Father, tweeted this:
Antics like Cameli’s [HERE] can only be topped by Jesuit Fr. Antonio Spadaro’s tweet yesterday.
Theology is not #Mathematics. 2 + 2 in #Theology can … Continue reading
At Crux there were a pair of pieces which were in sharp contrast.
First, take note of Austen Ivereigh’s lengthy (and rather whiny) interview with Jesuit Fr. Antonio Spadaro. HERE He’s sooooo misunderstood! And he tells us about that at jesuitical length. They … Continue reading
At The Catholic Thing there is a piece by David Warren which merits attention. Warren had been to the presentation of a new book about Bl. Clemens August Card. von Galen, the “Lion of Munster” who famously stood up in the public … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Gerald Murray has a good commentary at The Catholic Thing on some comments Pope Francis made about people, especially about young people, who desire the older, traditional form of Holy Mass and the Latin, Roman Church’s sacred worship.
In Ecclesia … Continue reading