Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Amante de los Manuales: Happy anniversar y, Father!
- Kevin: 70% ish of Irish people voted freely and with full knowledge (every household in Ireland was given extensive info. and most were canvassed) to allow Irish motherR 17;s to kill their...
- Sawyer: Pope Francis will visit Ireland in August. Wonder what he will say or do in response to what just happened there. How will Francis instruct, teach, admonish, encourage, pray for and lead...
- Cincinnati Priest: Fr. Ant: As a brother priest, sadly, I am coming to agree with you regarding our bishops 217; inability or at least unwillingn ess to take any serious measures to prevent the...
- semperficatholic: FrAnt says: “As the Church hemorrhage s people the Bishops fashion new slogans and programs, reminiscen t of the 70’s, in hopes that the bleeding will stop.̶ 1; Judas...
- Spinmamma: Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post all of that. It brought tears to my eyes.
- bobbird: In the last days of TLM, I was considered the altar boy “Whi z Kid” for Latin … likely because of my Italian mother. I loved Latin, memorized it quickly and with the St....
- Xerebrox: Thanks for accepting my registrati on Fr. Z! Regarding this article: 1. “As far as deacons at a concelebra tion are concerned, if they don’t have specific liturgical roles as sacred...
- Liturgy Lover: I have to agree with your “seriously important point.” Those who attend the TLM at my parish have largely dropped out of communal parish activities in favor of hanging out almost...
- FrAnt: Fr. Z, the BishopR 17;s did not listen to Our Lady’ ;s message at Fatima, what makes us think they will listen to a Pope? I have to repeat to myself every day, “Our help is in...
- Imrahil: On the upside – a rather surprising (under nowadays 8217; circumstan ces) 32% – you read that right: not 3.2 %; 32 % – who voted for what is right may well be a sign of...
- Gil Garza: Congratula tions!
- plaf26: When I was a kid the only mikes we had were for the hard of hearing who sat where there were special earphones. Later on a sound system was added but the only mike was at the lectern for...
- DavidR: The good cardinal has raised a question now for me: if I do not believe what Bergoglio believes, and do not espouse what Bergoglio espouses, should I be receiving the Body, Blood, Soul, and...
- tho: Years ago, when the microphone was right on the altar, I thought we should change our name to the church of the holy microphone . And priests wearing the microphone pinned to their vestme...
- yatzer: As of this morning, the report is Ireland is gone down the bloody path to abortion.
- robtbrown: In addition to the microphone , there now is the obsession with illuminati ng every corner of every church. There was probably the need to clean Chartres Cathedral, but there also seemed...
- capchoirgirl: The mic actually isn’ t bad for music if used appropriat ely. Very few people are blessed with the ability to sing clearly and project well. The microphone helps them get over...
- Amerikaner: Thanks for the answer, Fr Z!!
- JustaSinner: The man who shouldR 17;ve been Pope. Then again God may be slightly peeved with humanity 8217;s ambivalenc e towards Him and is in Lesson Teaching Mode ™.
- Ben Kenobi: “it is going to be the focus of state sponsored attacks on the Church and will probably, and unfortunat ely, be quite effective. ” This is nothing new. The state has always...
- Ben Kenobi: “app ointment might be best, even necessary: if the person is handicappe d in some way that requires accommodat ion” Very true. I go by appointmen t exclusivel y for this...
- Ben Kenobi: “He said if Protestant s wished to receive holy Communion in Catholic churches then they should become Catholics. ” Amen. I would not be Catholic without these words.
- Grant M: ‘On Saturday, December 5th , Judith went to Mass as usual at the convent. She could not believe her eyes or ears. The altar had been moved forward by four or five feet. The taberna...
- MaryB435: Any chance there will be a series of articles asking: “Wha t Did the Pope Really Say?” ;
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LIVE VIDEO of FSSP priesthood ordinations
- URGENT PRAYER – IRELAND
- Fr. Z’s 27th Anniversary of Ordination
- MADISON 31 May – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne and Procession
- Concerning innovations
- ASK FATHER: Deacons vesting in dalmatics for concelebrations
- ASK FATHER: How do we get the TLM where we are?
- Card. Arinze: If you want Communion, become a Catholic
- ASK FATHER: When to make an appointment for confession
- ASK FATHER: Sorting out confusing, contradictory messages from priests
- Wherein Fr. Z assigns some worthwhile reading
- Met “Gay-la” and new movie. Coincidence? I think not.
- ASK FATHER: Forgetting sins during confession
- Day Of Prayer For The Church In China
- Pope Francis on homosexual seminarians: This bridge is closed!
- My View For Awhile: Urban Devastation Edition
- Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
- Interview about Honduran Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
- A Pentecost Monday lesson: “And Paul VI wept.”
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: that strong stable edge
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Archbp. Carlson
I have been a fan of Archbp. Carlson of St. Louis ever since he did something for me in St. Paul and Minneapolis that I will never forget. Here’s another great reason…
That said… some boys who are ill want to … Continue reading
The long-anticipated annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious will soon begin in St. Louis, MO. The local ordinary, Archbp. Robert Carlson is slated to speak at the assembly. There is an article about the assembly at the … Continue reading
Catholic politicians who promote abortion should not receive Holy Communion.
In the Saint Louis Review of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson has laid it on the line.
My emphases and comments.
Good Catholics cannot be pro-choice; … Continue reading
From CNA with my emphases and comments:
St. Louis Archbishop responds to gay rights protest outside cathedral
St. Louis, Mo., Nov 30, 2009 / 06:17 pm (CNA).- In a statement Monday, Archbishop Robert J. Carlson of St. Louis responded to a demonstration … Continue reading
A great brick by brick item from St. Louis Catholic:
Archbishop Carlson to Celebrate Confirmations in the Traditional Form
Great news– His Grace Archbishop Robert J. Carlson will celebrate the sacrament of confirmation in the classical rite of … Continue reading