- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- MAJ Tony said @acricketchirps: I doubt you’ve heard Holy R...
- Geoffrey said I’m tired of all these political “comm...
- McCall1981 said I don’t have strong feelings either way on w...
- Mariana2 said Chiming in….
- Venerator Sti Lot said And then there is Becket’s sermon in Murder...
- Dan said Fr. Z, I eagerly await anything from you on EG tha...
- slainewe said The papal exhortation I would like to see would te...
- Robbie said I think the last few weeks have been quite interes...
- Angie Mcs said I listen every single day to your Adventcazts. . T...
- Phil_NL said This is what His Holiness gets – and in this...
- Legisperitus said “Friedrich Press was labeled as one of the &...
- Mike said I’m not exaggerating in any way by this stat...
- robtbrown said Bosco says, ‘Protect the community from scandal’ a...
- amenamen said RichardT : “It therefore seems wrong to fall...
- mr_anthony said Judge Napolitano is great. His commentaries are bi...
- stephen c said to bookworm – , in my experience, almost all...
- The Masked Chicken said BridgetTeresa’s friend said: “Real men...
- Athelstan said Hello Chesterfrank, His Pieta in that church in Dr...
- Athelstan said To protect innocent bystanders, they really should...
- Blasphème architectural | Notions romaines said [...] lecteur a envoyé à l’abbé Zuhlsdorf vi...
- billt said 8-bit Madonna 2-bit artist
- johnnys said Is that a still frame from Night at the Museum?
- eyeclinic said Obviously a Muslim foot washing station. You push...
- ASD said My favorite line from SC § 22.3: Quapropter nemo...
- Nathan said OK, I really, really need my coffee. I just notic...
- Nathan said OK, Father, you got me with this Adventcazt. Not...
- SKAY said I listened. Thank you, Father.
- bookworm said There’s one nagging question I have with reg...
- MacBride said @ Sicilian woman…I was thinking that belonge...
- Ambrose Jnr said This is a pertinent question, Venerator Sti Lot....
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Archbp. Chaput
It looks as if the NCR editorial policy is to take sides against the Archbishop of Denver and the parish in Boulder, CO, in favor of the lesbian "couple" who sought to an children accepted into a parish school.
You … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Charles Chaput, Archbishop of Denver, is neither shy nor vague nor harsh about his positions. He has expressed himself about the healthcare bill facing some sort of vote… by what weird procedure we don’t know yet… … Continue reading
We have been following the controversy in Boulder, CO where a homosexual activst lesbian "couple" attempted to force a child (sadly) in their care into a Catholic school knowing that the Archdiocese had a policy not to accept such children.
The … Continue reading
We knew liberals wouldn’t like Archbishop Chaput’s important speech in Houston.
They never disappoint.
The blog Mirror of Justice found a comment by Paul Baumann, the editor of the liberal leaning Commonweal, on Commonweal’s blog under an entry by Fr. Joseph Komonchak.
The … Continue reading
On Monday evening, 1 March 2010, Archbishop Charles Chaput of Denver gave a speech at Houston Baptist University called “The Vocation of Christians in American Public Life”.
The lecture was presented in coordination with the Pope John Paul II … Continue reading
This will stir controversy… and it should.
For a long time we have known that someone with a MITER on his head should have gone after John F. Kennedy’s speech in Houston? It will be 50 years… think of that.
Archbishop … Continue reading
You might recall that back in July WDTPRS responded to the disastrously imprudent comments of His Eminence George Card. Cottier made 30 Giorni. I suggest you scan what I wrote before reading this piece below.
Now His Excellency Charles Chaput, … Continue reading
There is an article/interview in the Boston Globe with Denver’s Archbishop, Most. Rev. Charles Chaput. This is not quite prompt, since it refers to 17 March, but it was on the Globe’s site on the 29th. From the blog of … Continue reading