Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Amante de los Manuales: Thank you for those distinctio ns, Father. I’ve yet to see anyone make that point. Is it possible, though the writerR 17;s representi ng only one argument from an...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I have heard the arguments that Benedict XVI is still the legitimate Pope and that Francis is an antipope. At this point, I don’t find the arguments convincing enough to...
- djc: Excellent observatio n.
- monstrance: The abdication of Benedict XVI was the rarity. The conspiring to elect his replacemen t I fear is not so rare.
- Cy: ‘ost ensibly 217;
- FrAnt: I think of all that is wrong at this moment of Church history, I always think of the disregard many have for the martyrs. I believe that if asked about the witness of the martyrs, the...
- Lurker 59: On the Abdication of Pope Benedict XVI Conservati ves, largely being constituti onalists, are going to have a strong tendency to read things pertaining to Canon Law wrong as they will...
- Geoffrey: “Rel ated corollary, does a retired Bishop cease to be a Bishop? 221; I think that’ ;s “app les and oranges 221;. There are three degrees of the Sacrament of Holy:...
- Fr. Kelly: The Pachamamma image which was venerated in the Vatican Gardens matches very well the descriptio n in Robert Hugh BensonR 17;s “Lor d of the World̶ 1; of the idol which the...
- Cy: Related corollary, does a retired Bishop cease to be a Bishop?
- veritas vincit: Father Z’s cite of Can. 171 §2 seems to settle the matter. It would have to be shown that invalid votes were cast and those invalid votes were the difference in elect...
- Cy: 1. It walks like a Pope… ; 2. …dre sses like a Pope… ; 3. …ble sses like a Pope… ; 4. …cal ls itself a Pope… ; 5. …ret ains the name and PETER...
- Kevin: “I cannot forget that, at a time when Celt and Saxon were alike savage, it was the See of Peter that gave both of them, first faith, then civilizati on; and then again bound them...
- teomatteo: You can’ t get any more (as my brother would say) accret than that!
- Kerry: Tracy Rowland 217;s talk is posted at Catholic World Report. Get thee hence.
- carndt: I’m in the second camp. The wolves are everywhere in the Vatican. Pope Benedict invalidly resigned per Canon Law under duress. I pray daily for Pope Benedict and pray for Francis to convert...
- Percusio: “If a bunch of Cardinal electors conspired after the death of the Pope and before the conclave, and they incurred the latae sententiae censure, there would be no Pope to declare the...
- Gil Garza: Of course the Fertility Goddess Totem which has become symbolic of the Amazonian Synod is being fetishized , along with the indigenous people themselves by the Baby Boomers in attenda...
- JonPatrick: “Nob ody expects Frank the Hippie Pope! Our 2 main weapons – airplane pressers, ambiguous documents, and synods – 3 main weapons … 221;
- Jacques-Antoine Fierz: I beg your pardon. Francesco Borromini and Carlo Maderno were Swiss and not Italian. As well as Domenico Fontana (Scala Santa, Saint Peter dome, the removal and erection of...
- JamesA: Great podcast, Father. Much to contemplat e. I enjoyed the sounds of Rome in the background !
- Barnacle: @ Charles E Flynn Thank you, and thanks for the link. To be fair to me, I did say, ‘usi ng our minds,R 17; not ‘rea ding our minds,R 17; where the thought I had behind...
- Gab: First few sentences in Wikipedia (I know, but still … lots of citations) : Pachamama is a goddess revered by the indigenous people of the Andes. She is also known as the earth/t...
- Spinmamma: Well done.
- Rob83: San Giovanni dei Fiorentini was my usual spot for Sunday Mass in English while visiting Rome in the pre-Sumoru m days. It was undergoing repairs at the time, which meant the priest had to...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ROME DAY 15: Folders, Funky Tomatoes, and Foolish Altars
- #AmazonSynod through a lens from St John Henry Newman
- ASK FATHER: Is Francis an Antipope because Cardinals conspired and the conclave was invalid?
- Lutheran Satire educates
- Pagan Idols at the Amazon “walking together” Synod
- ROME DAY 13: A Suicide, a Life Hack, and an ALERT to Roman Seminarians
- You can’t make this stuff up: eRosary. Wherein an annoyed Fr. Z rants.
- 2016: Ecumenical Exchange Program with winged Mayan snake god Kukulkan
- PODCAzT 178: Fr. Weinandy and the possible “Internal Papal Schism”
- Bp. Schneider’s talk at the presentation of the book: Christus Vincit
- ROME DAY 12: Chapels Stupid and Stupendous, Important Book and Talks
- ACTION ITEM! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish – UPDATE
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
- Amazon Synod and deaconettes?
- ROME DAY 5: Marks, Medieval Lions, and Mussolini Trees
- #AmazonSynod -1st attack on the Priesthood: The Cassock
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Archbp. Cordileone
A priest friend sent me a copy of the letter address to the people of the Archdiocese of San Francisco by his Excellency Most Rev. Samuel Cordileone. His letter addresses the present crisis. The letter is impressive. Among the things … Continue reading
The other day Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco consecrated the archdiocese entrusted to his care to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Many bishops are doing the same with their dioceses. I have a growing list HERE. In his sermon, … Continue reading
I call on all the readers here to pray and offer fasting and alms for the spiritual defense of Archbishop Cordileone of San Francisco. Will San Francisco be the Alamo of the Church in these USA? Today, in the ultra-liberal … Continue reading
This is another indication of what is coming our way in the near future. Folks… start getting your heads into that mental place where you can deal with open persecution. From LifeSite: SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) – San Francisco’s … Continue reading
Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco is taking flack from the usual suspects for his support of an initiative at Star of the Sea to build a corps of altar boys (not girls – HERE) and for having an entirely reasonable … Continue reading
Canon 915! From CNS: SF Archbishop on Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion (CNSNews.com) – Responding to statements made by House Minority Leader Nancy [the Theologian] Pelosi [more HERE] — who would not say at her … Continue reading
Michael Sean Winters of the Fishwrap (aka National So… Schismatic Reporter) attacks bishops who uphold the Church’s moral teachings. This time, even during the USCCB meeting, MSW took a shot at Archbishop Cordileone of San Francisco, who has been an … Continue reading
On the Feast of the Assumption (a holy day of obligation) there will be a Pontifical Mass at the Throne celebrated by His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino (aka the Extraordinary Ordinary), at Noon at the Bishop O’Connor Center. … Continue reading
From Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone’s address at the March for Marriage in Washington DC: And let us not forget: we must also proclaim this truth especially with love for those who disagree with us on this issue, and most of all, … Continue reading
From the often amusing Eye of the Tiber: Washington, DC––In an astonishing move today, Minority Leader of the House of Representatives and Mouthpiece of God in the United States Nancy Pelosi has excommunicated San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone. The move comes just … Continue reading
I just saw this and I actually laughed out loud. You may remember Nancy from her triumphant theological debut. HERE and HERE And remember her comment that abortion is “sacred ground”? HERE Remember that she, as the darling of big-business-abortion Planned Parenthood (dedicated … Continue reading
From the site of the USCCB: General Holder Acts Contrary to Supreme Court Decision By Archbishop Salvatore J. Cordileone Last week Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the federal government will recognize so-called “marriages” performed in Utah between persons of … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file, I was sent a link to an entry at Catholic San Francisco about a new liturgical institute established by Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone. Archbishop explains goal of new liturgical institute On the eve of the … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, the Archbishop of San Francisco, Most Rev. Salvatore Cordileone, offered some interesting comments. Read the whole thing there, but here is something of interest concerning the older form of Holy Mass. … Continue reading